• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Arsenal Hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
It feels like that. The day after a massive pissup where you wonder if it was really as good as you partly remember. It was. I woke the wife up, much to her chagrin, at 05.30 to regale her with stories of Fun Bobby and Mo. She was not impressed.

Liverpool outran their opponents by 114.8km to 112.7km and their pressing was ferocious. As early as the second minute, an under-pressure Leno could be seen nervously passing the ball out of play. According to Opta, Liverpool won possession the final third nine times over the course of the 90 minutes - their second-highest total in any game all season.

Stolen from The Count because it's just an awesome stat :
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|bcenter|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr=top}
{td}[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}When the new fab 4 Shaqiri, Fun Bobby, Mane & Salah are all on the pitch together Liverpool’s record is played 9, won 9. Goals scored 30, goals against 2
smile.png
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Becker 7.5 : His superb distribution continues to impress, as does his calmness on the ball and his awesome positioning to make everything look so simple.

Robbo 7 : Very difficult to mark and this may be a tad too high because defensively he was far from sound and was miles away from his man, totally day-dreaming, when they scored. However his energy and passing were also key elements of our attack.

VvD 7.5 : Had Auba in his pocket. Some lovely long passes and ventures into midfield. Pretty much what we've come to expect as a minimum from the great man.

Lovren 8 : He had a superb game coping with anything Arsenal threw at him and helping TAA out on numerous occasions.

TAA 6.5 : I felt he was given a very tough time by Iwobi whenever he ran at him. I'm worried about how he will handle Sane. Otherwise good passing but not so many good crosses or corners. Why has our crossing from both sides mostly gone to shit ?

Fabinho 7 : He certainly made mistakes, but to focus too much on those is to devalue the other excellent work he did in midfield. He and Gini ran the game and terrorised the much vaunted Torreira and rather less vaunted Xhaka.

Gini 9 : Awesome performance of strength and guile.

Shaqiri 9 : I'm surprised at the lack of attention the forum has given his performance. He was involved in everything from back to front. Good defensively and an absolute key cog in the attacks, which he orchestrated to great effect without being the hero.

Firmino 9 and MotM : How could he be anything else but. Bobby back to his best.

Mane 7.5 : Should have scored before he did but his running destroyed them. Was no reflection on his performance when he was subbed, just strengthening of the midfield to strangle the game.

Salah 8.5 : I felt he could have done better with some of his decisions but otherwise he just terrorised the shit out of them ! Welcome back Mo and play like this versus City .. pretty please ?

Subs
Hendo 7.5
Lallana 6.5

Klopp 10

Last edited:
When the new fab 4 Shaqiri, Fun Bobby, Mane & Salah are all on the pitch together Liverpool’s record is played 9, won 9. Goals scored 30, goals against 2
smile.png

Listen to me
Can't see Klopp starting them all versus City though. We need a City thread like now ! @rurikbird

Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1: The Match Ratings

by Ben Johnson | Dec 29, 2018 | 7 comments

I MEAN, what are we meant to do in between games?
Live our normal fucking lives? Are you for real? The greatest Liverpool side seen in our lifetimes, lad.
They had a go, there. Pressed high, set traps, risk reward. Got rewarded for the first. The Reds were meant to swallow their undies and panic, yer? Not easy being out on top, is it? Let’s just play into their traps, aye. Bang, bang, 2-1. Bang, 3-1. Bang, 4-1. Honk, 5-1. Fucking easy, this shit. Come at the kings, you best not miss, shit birds.
Alisson: 8
Nothing to do, made a point blanker when they were offside, then lashed the ball unnecessarily high, and half volleyed one through the eye of a little tiny needle to Firmino to set up the pen. Unbelievable.
Trent: 7
Looked knackered first half, up against their best player, in fairness. Kept at it though, got better as the game went on.
Degsi: 8
Caught in a trap, he couldn’t get out. But then, pretty much the rest of the game is a piece of piss. That’s how that song goes, isn’t it? Or whatever.
Virgil: 9
It is getting a bit silly now. It’s almost like he gets a bit embarrassed by having to do something, so spends the game so far ahead of the matrix that at any point in time he can just drop back in and bodycheck some fucker and stroll off with the ball. Glitch in the system, lad. A black cat. Too good.
Robbo: 8
Looked a bit tired so spent the game having a breather every now and again. Booked after a minute or some shit, and didn’t get enticed into even half a tackle for the rest of the game. Intelligent as fuck, like Hawkins lad, but a taste more mobile.
Gini: 9
Seriously, that first half performance was up there with the best you will see. Sublime. No backwards steps, no foot wrong.
Fabinho: 7
His first 20 minutes made Gini’s performance all the more important. Gave it away every time he got it, and that was it. That said, grew into the game as The Reds did and did nothing wrong, and a fair few things right, after that. Nothing to worry about.
Shaq: 9
Like hacksaw Jim Duggan dressed up for Crimbo playing centre mid for The Reds. Would not have looked out of place with a fucking big two-by-four in his undies. First touch was perfect every time. Head up every time. Front foot every time. Imagine him suplexing you.
Bono Firmino: 9
Si senor.
Dos canas Por favor.
Dragged The Reds off the deck, slotted the first with a little no-look fella. I spent the celebration getting a piggy back off Adam Melia while simultaneously telling him it had been disallowed until it had calmed down and then I told him it had gone in, apologised, and sat down. I panicked. Tremendous for the second. Throws the whole ground a Micky Finn with the Mane non pass and then slots against their cold-armed goalie.
Sadio Mane: 8
Aware for the goal, weren’t he? Lad next to me called it from before Robbo getting the ball. “Salah get on your toes, lad.” Well in. Does that rope-a-dope thing where he pretends to be on his heels before legging people for a laugh these days.
Mo Salah: 8
So dangerous. Fair fucks to Big Ols for giving the pen there, easiest decision all day to give no pen there. Makes so much space for everyone else to play in it is ridiculous.
SUBS
Henderson:
Come on and won about a 50 tackles in about 10 minutes.
Lallana:
Crutches turns all day. Spellcheck auto correct of the day.

My wife isn't talking to me this morning and won't even let me know what I did. Seriously, my bird is the most understanding person on the planet. I fucked her friend and she was only in a mood for like an hour. Does anybody know what I did?

My wife isn't talking to me this morning and won't even let me know what I did. Seriously, my bird is the most understanding person on the planet. I fucked her friend and she was only in a mood for like an hour. Does anybody know what I did?

Forget an anniversary?

Stolen from The Count because it's just an awesome stat :
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|bcenter|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr=top}
{td}[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}When the new fab 4 Shaqiri, Fun Bobby, Mane & Salah are all on the pitch together Liverpool’s record is played 9, won 9. Goals scored 30, goals against 2
smile.png
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

It's not THAT meaningful, is it? I mean it is in a sense that it shows that Shaqiri makes our attack tick, but on the other hand we are too open when all 4 play (same as when the old "fab 4" with Coutinho were all on the pitch together) and that was evident against Arsenal again. No way Klopp doesn't go back to 4-3-3 against City, but for yesterday's game it was a calculated risk that paid off, because Arsenal's defense was so obviously inept, so a double-edged game would have heavily favored us.

The goal we conceded was very sloppy but was anyone worried that we wouldn't get back in it yesterday?

I decided to celebrate us twatting arsenal without actually playing that well (seriously, I don't think we did) by drinking all the beer at the party then starting on the whiskey.

I don't remember much, but the kids tell me I managed to piss off every bitter in the house repeatedly & kept starting normal conversations & then slipped in 'top of the league' at random intervals.

As for the post arsenal hangover, I can't remember an actual hangover this bad for fucking years.

It's not THAT meaningful, is it? I mean it is in a sense that it shows that Shaqiri makes our attack tick, but on the other hand we are too open when all 4 play (same as when the old "fab 4" with Coutinho were all on the pitch together) and that was evident against Arsenal again. No way Klopp doesn't go back to 4-3-3 against City, but for yesterday's game it was a calculated risk that paid off, because Arsenal's defense was so obviously inept, so a double-edged game would have heavily favored us.
Totally agree. It was not meant to be 'meaningful' it's merely, as I said, an awesome stat !

I can't imagine Klopp not starting Fabs & Gini with either Hendo or Milner, against City. Shaq on the bench. The worry for me is TAA at RB, he looked very vulnerable vs. Iwobi so how is he going to be vs. Sane ? He's not hitting the same heights as last season yet. If in training he warrants it I'd even consider starting Clyne ar RB (though he's shown weaknesses at LB) for a sturdier right side (another reason Milner should get the nod over Hendo).

Totally agree. It was not meant to be 'meaningful' it's merely, as I said, an awesome stat !

I can't imagine Klopp not starting Fabs & Gini with either Hendo or Milner, against City. Shaq on the bench. The worry for me is TAA at RB, he looked very vulnerable vs. Iwobi so how is he going to be vs. Sane ? He's not hitting the same heights as last season yet. If in training he warrants it I'd even consider starting Clyne ar RB (though he's shown weaknesses at LB) for a sturdier right side (another reason Milner should get the nod over Hendo).
Yeah I kinda agree. I mean it's a tough one. Fabinho and Wijnaldum has to start.
The third one is either Milner or Hendo.
If Milner didn't just come back from injury I would have picked him.

Mine and three mates tickets “fell through” just as we arrived in Liverpool around 13:00. Got cunted in The Sandon instead for the game.

Made better when two of our Arse mates left the away end and joined us on 75mins. Mugs

Lovely drive back to London with a stinking hangover to go with it. For some anyway.

Of all days to follow THAT... I'd promised to visit an elderly relation to do a few odd-jobs etc, and, after completing a few chores, I noticed her freezer was full of seriously out of date stuff. So I went and bought her some fresh food. The problem was that she's of the age when throwing out even old food is seen as a terrible waste, so I wanted to be furtive about the whole thing. But she lives in a fecking area where you can barely throw anything out anyway thanks to the hyper-specific bag/bin categorisations. (I'm really feeling the effects of, er, a glass too many from the night before by now, and time is running out and I'm getting impatient and desperate.) So after making vague inquiries as to where, er, 'waste' might be dumped, and getting no clear answer, I thought, 'Fuck it - i'll take the stuff out of the boxes and throw it up the garden' (she's got quite a big garden and she never goes out there until about March time) - leave it be eaten up before she knows it. Fine, except the last fecking out of date frozen cod steak slipped out of my hand and broke a pane in the fecking greenhouse. So now I'm in a pathetic state. I go back in and decide to brazen it out: 'Do you know there's a crack in your green house?' 'WHAT??? What on earth do you think caused THAT???' In one of those weird brain blips, I heard myself saying, 'It could have been a squirrel' Pathetic. Just unbelievably pathetic. So now she's raging at squirrels. She's absolutely furious about them. Then of course I insisted on arranging to pay for someone to come in and fix her greenhouse, amidst her protestations that I was far too kind and shouldn't be paying for what those terrible creatures do to greenhouses. What a fecking day! Fecking Gooners!

Firminio Goal aside, I thought we were awful in the first half.. shockingly awful at parts..

Arsenal where just far far worse than us..

We played the best football in the second half, looked a more solid unit, but scored less goals

Funny old game football, isn't it...

Of all days to follow THAT... I'd promised to visit an elderly relation to do a few odd-jobs etc, and, after completing a few chores, I noticed her freezer was full of seriously out of date stuff. So I went and bought her some fresh food. The problem was that she's of the age when throwing out even old food is seen as a terrible waste, so I wanted to be furtive about the whole thing. But she lives in a fecking area where you can barely throw anything out anyway thanks to the hyper-specific bag/bin categorisations. (I'm really feeling the effects of, er, a glass too many from the night before by now, and time is running out and I'm getting impatient and desperate.) So after making vague inquiries as to where, er, 'waste' might be dumped, and getting no clear answer, I thought, 'Fuck it - i'll take the stuff out of the boxes and throw it up the garden' (she's got quite a big garden and she never goes out there until about March time) - leave it be eaten up before she knows it. Fine, except the last fecking out of date frozen cod steak slipped out of my hand and broke a pane in the fecking greenhouse. So now I'm in a pathetic state. I go back in and decide to brazen it out: 'Do you know there's a crack in your green house?' 'WHAT??? What on earth do you think caused THAT???' In one of those weird brain blips, I heard myself saying, 'It could have been a squirrel' Pathetic. Just unbelievably pathetic. So now she's raging at squirrels. She's absolutely furious about them. Then of course I insisted on arranging to pay for someone to come in and fix her greenhouse, amidst her protestations that I was far too kind and shouldn't be paying for what those terrible creatures do to greenhouses. What a fecking day! Fecking Gooners!

Great story Macca, just one question, I thought you WERE the elderly relation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom