• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
So how do we see it?

Allison in goal and we win that one for sure.

However, it's weird how I don't feel as upset as I have done in the past few years. We've won something huge and we're on the cusp of doing it again.

We need some new players and this might serve as an instruction. Let's hope it does.

But whoever smartarse coming and claiming this and this player is shit I will hunt down and give them a real beating.
You do that big man, just fuck them em good, do you have a set of skills where you can find them and kill them ? If so does the name @svennis ring a bell ?

Last edited:
No one to blame but ourselves.

1. Adrian at fault for the first goal - allowed Atletico back into the game.

2. VVD should have come across and tackled Morata for the 2nd goal - why did he keep distance and allow him to play the ball centrally to Llorente who was then in a 1v1 situation?

All must be sacrificed at the altar of #19 it seems.

All the cups and 2% of the world's population.

I think we would have all taken that if offered before the season.
Haha i would hate to have polled us all on that preseason

No one to blame but ourselves.

1. Adrian at fault for the first goal - allowed Atletico back into the game.

2. VVD should have come across and tackled Morata for the 2nd goal - why did he keep distance and allow him to play the ball centrally to Llorente who was then in a 1v1 situation?
Point 2. I initially was thinking the same. In reality he was slowing him down which allowed Milner and Henderson to get back. It also meant yer fella had to shoot from a manageable distance. But Adrian fucked it.

We played well, just couldn't finish them off, then Adrian stepped up.
Goalkeepers dominated the outcome of the game, you could say.

Adrian - meh. Cost us the game with his clanger. He makes routine saves look difficult with his lame blocks.

Trent was good today, all action, but tired and then the quality of his crosses faded.

Robbo was a duracell bunny, bit missed a couple of very good chances.

Gomez was very good, bossed their forwards, apart from a couple of close calls.

VVD not at his best for one of their goals, absent rather, but decent enough overall.

Hendo was rusty. Passing off, but commanded the midfield well.

Ox was the best I have seen him. Very good game. Dominated that right channel and set up the first with a lovely run and cross.

Gini disappeared a bit, as usual, but then came back with a vengeance with a great goal and a superb assist.

Frimino was good, good defensive work, also managed some nice interplay in the second half especially.

Salah wanted things to happen, but does not get much end product of all his time on the ball in good, advanced positions.

Mane, a bit on and off. Sloppy passing, then he decides to have a go and looks more dangerous. Not enough in the box.

Milner was good when he came on - purposeful, direct.

So how do we see it?

Allison in goal and we win that one for sure.

However, it's weird how I don't feel as upset as I have done in the past few years. We've won something huge and we're on the cusp of doing it again.

We need some new players and this might serve as an instruction. Let's hope it does.

It's football...

This season we've been gifted the opportunity to watch a team win nearly every week and last night they shot themselves in the foot and lost.

Footy...

Losing is very disappointing in itself but to lose against a team run by a cunt who basically did nothing but defend for 210 minutes... yeah... If Adrian could have chosen another game to fuck things up I wish he had of done.

Salah and Mane if they had had their shooting boots laced properly should have put that to bed early doors...

With Allison that would not have happened...

And Simeone can get coronavirus and then die.

Sad but not down. Disappointed but not gutted. Could have. Would have. Get over it and we go again. Kam on you Reds.

Irritated. We played a dominant 90 mins against a very stubborn and disciplined defensive side. Did about everything to win, and that Firmino goal ought to have sealed a well-deserved victory.

The Adrian howler completely sucked the air out of our efforts, and I think the team kind of mentally gave up. That isn't hard to understand - this has been a brutally exhausting season, both physically and mentally for the players, and they just didn't have enough in the tank to try and make yet another miraculous comeback this season.

Can't really be mad. Before the howler, we played like European champions, and Atletico barely got a sniff.

I really hope we get the league title done at Anfield on the 21st, and our boys get the reception of their life.

All before this cursed virus takes our title away.

We only need 6 points to get the title out of the remaining 9 games. Surely we will not lose all 9. Even drawing 6 of the 9 will get us over. I see your concern that the season may be suspended. But I doubt it.

Irritated. We played a dominant 90 mins against a very stubborn and disciplined defensive side. Did about everything to win, and that Firmino goal ought to have sealed a well-deserved victory.

The Adrian howler completely sucked the air out of our efforts, and I think the team kind of mentally gave up. That isn't hard to understand - this has been a brutally exhausting season, both physically and mentally for the players, and they just didn't have enough in the tank to try and make yet another miraculous comeback this season.

Can't really be mad. Before the howler, we played like European champions, and Atletico barely got a sniff.

I really hope we get the league title done at Anfield on the 21st, and our boys get the reception of their life.

All before this cursed virus takes our title away.

After how poor we were for the last couple of months, it was good to see us play well. Ya bitterly disappointed but upbeat as well.
Adrian simply lost the game for us and to be honest since he has filled in for Alisson since his injury he's been utter wank. He's lost all that goodwill he earned from the start of the season

Adrian was only following Klopp's orders when he came out telling everyone to put their fucking hands away

Well, Adrian owes us against Everton, they'll target him from setpieces, long-range etc and will generally look to put him under pressure.

We looked much better last night, less sluggish in midfield, more inventive in attack, back to our best at fullback. Firmino is still underperforming (despite the goal). As for subs, you can't blame Origi, he's had a poor season but is repeatedly shunted out on the wing, where it's obvious to everyone that he struggles. Firmino used to end up on the wing and was shite too.

Yeah their sub scored two, ours have changed games too, we need more quality in reserve, but that wasn't why we lost, as someone said earlier, it's a stupid conclusion to draw just because the opponent's substitute won the game. Our keeper lost us the game, no one else.

Well, Adrian owes us against Everton, they'll target him from setpieces, long-range etc and will generally look to put him under pressure.

We looked much better last night, less sluggish in midfield, more inventive in attack, back to our best at fullback. Firmino is still underperforming (despite the goal). As for subs, you can't blame Origi, he's had a poor season but is repeatedly shunted out on the wing, where it's obvious to everyone that he struggles. Firmino used to end up on the wing and was shite too.

Yeah their sub scored two, ours have changed games too, we need more quality in reserve, but that wasn't why we lost, as someone said earlier, it's a stupid conclusion to draw just because the opponent's substitute won the game. Our keeper lost us the game, no one else.

We were wasteful throughout, mane and Bobby sloppy in the 90, Robbo and salah wasteful too.

Adrian lost us extra time, but tbh it shouldn't have got that far. The lack of following in was criminal

The one from Bobby was ridiculous, can't remember who shot but he stood there a yard out ball watching. That's the sort of natural instinct that he seriously lacks.

Very disappointed but happy we dominated as opposed to looking poor and going out in normal time.

We’ve had our share of luck over the last 3 years in Europe.

Tale of two keepers really.

Let’s just get the league done and I’ll be overjoyed with the season.

Icing on the cake would be CL cancelled so we remain champions for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom