• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match - Shrews (H) - Kids are alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Youngest line up in Liverpool history, and they played really well most of the night.

Tough to fault any of the players - as they're fucking kids - but they should all savor this moment and the crowd deserves much credit for filling up Anfield and letting them taste part of the magic.

A few players obviously stood out.

Neco Williams - MoTM ... up and down, up and down and really should have had a goal. I'm starting to think we don't need RB cover with him.

SvB - People mocked him etc, and he was good the whole night. Won everything in the air and I felt like he was just the better CB tonight.

Pedro - he controls the game well, passes the ball effortlessly but lacks the strength - physically and when he passes the ball imo - unfortunately to make it at the highest level here. Will do great in Holland or Spain.

Elliot - Talented, hard working, determined but seems subdued compared to that Villa tie yet again. However, put in a great shift and he'll be fine as he learns the tricks of the trade.

Jones - how fucking talented is he? captain's performance.

Oh, and great seeing some of @mark1975's kids make their debuts tonight ... Props mark!

Amazing, really proud of the kids. Only saw last 20 minutes of the 2nd half, but was very impressed by their game management. We didn't give them a chance for any last-minute siege and spent the last 5-10 minutes mostly near their corner flag, which is exactly how it should be.

To be fair Shrewsbury were really, really shit.

Them lads out there tonight some may not make it to the big time but they can hold their heads up high as they’ve done them selves proud and Liverpool fc proud, Klopp must be having an even better holiday now and I can’t wait for his next interview. Take a bow lads.

83930256_10215203873586296_6101154374300467200_o.jpg

I don't get why their goal was disallowed - didn't Henderson have something similar?
He was offside when the play started, but wasn't involved, and then got back onside and scored?

I don't get why their goal was disallowed - didn't Henderson have something similar?
He was offside when the play started, but wasn't involved, and then got back onside and scored?
Ah another fuming incident. Greeeeeeaaaaaaaaattttty hahahaha. Waiting for smoke coming out...

Everything Klopp touches this season turns to gold, doesn't it? People were bewildered by his selection in the cup against Everton and that turned into one of the highlights of the season. Now he got to take a principled stand, give all the senior players (and himself) a well-deserved holiday and still we're in the next round and the kids got invaluable experience. Feels like he can do no wrong at the moment.

So why was Henderson's goal ok then? He came from an offsides position to join the play and score.
It seems he's offsides when the goalbound shot is hit
Considered a new phase. He didn't touch the ball when in an offside position and play had all gone past him before he re-entered.

Considered a new phase. He didn't touch the ball when in an offside position and play had all gone past him before he re-entered.

So it's the first pass in the sequence? They didn't show lines or anything, but it seemed tight. Oh well, not complaining. Happy for the lads - they deserved it.

It may be technically right, but it's a load of bollocks.

I'd be pissed off if that were against us.

Was about to write the same. This super-human ability to spot the slightest offside in the buildup goes against the spirit of the game. They need to adjust how they apply the rules next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom