• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match -W'Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard was pinging some great balls throughout the whole game. He's going to be massive on Sunday.

Saw this on the guardian live feed... made me chuckle...

"Liverpool are finding it too hard to pass their way through West Ham's mass defence. They need to go old school - play it long, get a corner and punch the keeper in the face..."

Hahaha. Speaking of which, I wish someone did that to their keeper Adrian. He really, really looks very punchable and quarrelsome.

Great tactical sub by Brendan getting Lucas on and taking Coutinho off.

We won the midfield in the 2nd half and Lucas was probably the best player of that half together with Sterling.

I knew we'd win in the end, it is a bit worrying that two pens won us the game. Guess, fans who hate us are raging today.
Anyway I'm not gonna be too harsh on Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge. They did what they could but West Ham defended with 8 men all the time, barely gave them any space.

Gerrard was pinging some great balls throughout the whole game. He's going to be massive on Sunday.

And of course ice cold veins to score both penalties, especially the second one, with so much riding on it. He was great the whole game for me; didn't rush things, passed neatly, and of course, made some of the boss pings you mentioned. He was easily my MOTM today.

By the way, I thought that we actually defended the set pieces very well. Other than that obvious cheating, I don't think they had any clear cut chances from the high balls into the box. Skrtel was a beast and Sakho an able assistant at the back.

Diame was a very tough assignment for Flanagan. Kudos to the lad for winning the penalty but he clearly struggled the whole game.
Also, while our subs were boss, I thought Allardyce's subs were crap - removing Nolan and Diame helped us more than them.

Skrtel was immense and considering it was his first start since the Chelsea loss Sahko was great too. He never loses the ball. They should be our choice cbs for the rest of the season.

Lucas had his best 45 mins this season. Superb and helped take control of a midfield we couldn't play through in the first half.

Suarez as always is simply unplayable, won another pen, could have had a 2nd, could have had 2 players sent off, hit the bar twice and worked so hard.

Gerrard is cooler than any English player I can ever remember in pressure situations.

Were gonna win the league.....

There are a few posters on here who should maybe try typing their next few posts while the fat guy next door punches them in the face and shoves their elbows.

And of course ice cold veins to score both penalties, especially the second one, with so much riding on it. He was great the whole game for me; didn't rush things, passed neatly, and of course, made some of the boss pings you mentioned. He was easily my MOTM today.

I had to watch his second penalty through my hands.

Ice water in the veins of Stevie though.

Flanno had the odd moment of 'aarrgghhh', but overall did really well & just as importantly was almost as good an outlet as Johnson was.

Johnson was also eternally available, something he does even when having a bad day, which makes it so much easier to move the ball up the pitch quickly.

Most important thing for me was that he didn't pick up a yellow.

He really didn't look up for the match for the first 20-30 minutes. A few times when we could break, he slowed down possession, and other times when we were retaining the ball he tried the hollywood ball. There was also one moment where he refused to track back for some reason, which left Skrtel/Sakho exposed.

He really picked it up from that point though. Some great long passes, and took his penalties well.

By the way, I thought that we actually defended the set pieces very well. Other than that obvious cheating, I don't think they had any clear cut chances from the high balls into the box. Skrtel was a beast and Sakho an able assistant at the back.

Diame was a very tough assignment for Flanagan. Kudos to the lad for winning the penalty but he clearly struggled the whole game.
Also, while our subs were boss, I thought Allardyce's subs were crap - removing Nolan and Diame helped us more than them.

I thought Sakho and Skrtel did an outstanding job of making Mr. Ponytail uncomfortable.

Sakho barging into him a few times and putting him on the deck was quite amusing.

The fact that Steven Segal light was reduced to tumbling to the ground over and over in an attempt to dupe the referee because of the physicality of our defenders speaks volumes IMO.

I thought it was a great result, sort of result that champions get and need to get. Not a brilliant performance, but 3 great points.

Diame looks excellent every time we play them. With a ludicrously priced get out clause (2.5 million or something) he'd be a very useful option to bring in. He's a great tackler and strong midfielder but can pass and dribble too. I rate him very highly.

I thought Sakho and Skrtel did an outstanding job of making Mr. Ponytail uncomfortable.

Sakho barging into him a few times and putting him on the deck was quite amusing.

The fact that Steven Segal light was reduced to tumbling to the ground over and over in an attempt to dupe the referee because of the physicality of our defenders speaks volumes IMO.

That's what he used to do a lot even when playing for us. Same as Heskey. It's quite frustrating seeing a big lump going down easily when they're bumped slightly from the back, like they got hit by a 15-tonne truck.

on a side note , when is english football ever going to move away from this plan B crap - "hit it long to a big man" . The lad i had commenting asked with 20mins or so to go at 1-1 if we wished we had still carroll for just these moments . eh...no , fuck off . we're fine with suarez, sturridge, sterling , coutinho and the rest you fuckwit.

You know what would top this evening off for me.. Someone posting that. 'Andy Carroll falling down horse' gif

Diame looks excellent every time we play them. With a ludicrously priced get out clause (2.5 million or something) he'd be a very useful option to bring in. He's a great tackler and strong midfielder but can pass and dribble too. I rate him very highly.

I agree with this word for word. I have always rated him, thought he did well again today as well.

Would be a great option for us next year in midfield with the number of games we will play in the league, cups, and Champions League.

Agreed. It's why, while I found Flanagan's performance wanting today, I knew it was also a bit harsh as that was one tough assignment. Even out of position, Diame is still a good, pacy and skilful player and he clearly had the upper hand today over our youngster. I was glad Allardyce pulled him - honestly, I felt our chances of winning went up when he did that.

I agree with this word for word. I have always rated him, thought he did well again today as well.

Would be a great option for us next year in midfield with the number of games we will play in the league, cups, and Champions League.

Agreed. It's why, while I found Flanagan's performance wanting today, I knew it was also a bit harsh as that was one tough assignment. Even out of position, Diame is still a good, pacy and skilful player and he clearly had the upper hand today over our youngster. I was glad Allardyce pulled him - honestly, I felt our chances of winning went up when he did that.

Yeah, you'd think that his capacity to adapt to different positions would attract Rodger's interest. He could play in a variety of midfield positions and systems. I was delighted when he went off too. It meant I could come out of the toilet more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom