• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Arsenal (H) Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refer the honourable gentleman to the first word in the last line of his post to which I was replying. ;)

On the matter of politicians, there are a good number who would be well up the queue and the Tory Party would be by no means the only one represented.
Take care of the big things and the little ones will take care of themselves

Update from Klopp:
Mane good to go.
Hendo and Robbo could make it
Milner and Keita could be back for the Porto game
Firmino still out but didnt sound like a month away, couple of weeks maybe
Jones will be a few weeks
Gomez close to coming back to training

Update from Klopp:
Mane good to go.

I'm actually hoping we don't rush back a potentially injured Robbo when the back up is in great form. Feels like something we would do though.

Not that easy to play with bruised ribs tho is it., sneeze or cough and the pain rips through yer. Just getting over a bash in the ribs myself. But Mane might get an injection. Boss is dead set against moving Trent up into mid. I agree with him but making it such an issue shuts off the possibility.

Neco is improving and he will want more game time or he'll be off next season. If Hendo doesn't make it I would like to see Neco in and Trent moved up..just untill the mid get fit. But he'll probably give the Ox another go. Fabinho,Thiago, Hendo/The Ox.

Getting the hump over these never ending feckin' injuries.

Update from Klopp:
Mane good to go.

I love how all these lads were due back after the international break. Now that we are back none of them are ready.

Jones out for a few more weeks? On top of the 2 weeks he's already missed. With a weirdly unspecified injury. Sounds like he was cleaning out Clynes old locker and helped himself to the leftovers

I love how all these lads were due back after the international break. Now that we are back none of them are ready.

Jones out for a few more weeks? On top of the 2 weeks he's already missed. With a weirdly unspecified injury. Sounds like he was cleaning out Clynes old locker and helped himself to the leftovers

Not really. With Clyne it was just silence.

Curtis Jones’ spell on the sidelines is set to continue into the forthcoming weeks as he continues his recovery from an eye injury sustained prior to the international break.

The midfielder suffered the issue following an accidental collision in training and was subsequently ruled out of the Reds’ fixtures with Atletico Madrid and West Ham United.

Further diagnosis has confirmed Jones will remain out of action for at least a few weeks more as he recovers from the problem, which is specific to the eye and not the socket.

Doctor Jim Moxon explained: “It’s a freak injury and very unlucky, but the important thing to emphasise is there is no lasting damage and his vision won’t be impacted beyond the recovery period.

“However, the nature of the issue means caution is important; we need to allow it time to heal and we can’t rush it, therefore it won’t be a speedy return.

“It needs to mend before we are able to reintroduce Curtis to full training, but there are things he can do in the meantime to maintain fitness.

“We can’t put a specific timescale on a return beyond it will be a number of weeks from now as it heals naturally, so it’s not one we will risk and patience is a virtue with this specific recovery.”

So now we can add 'weird injuries' to our ever extending list of maimed, mutilated and impaired.

Just spoke to a mate who does shifts as a steward at the match and sounds like there will be extra security procedures tomorrow after the bombing at the Women's Hospital last week, which is hardly surprising. If you're going to the game you might want to get there a bit earlier than usual in case there are delays getting people into the ground.

Just spoke to a mate who does shifts as a steward at the match and sounds like there will be extra security procedures tomorrow after the bombing at the Women's Hospital last week, which is hardly surprising. If you're going to the game you might want to get there a bit earlier than usual in case there are delays getting people into the ground.

John Henry likes this

Presser made it sound like Fabinho might miss out - huge loss if so, but fingers crossed he makes it into the lineup

Presser made it sound like Fabinho might miss out - huge loss if so, but fingers crossed he makes it into the lineup

Sounded more like he did some recovery work yesterday and would be back in full training today.

The chances of someone smuggling a bomb into Anfield are about 100,000 to 1. The chances of two separate people smuggling bombs in are 10 billion to 1!!! So err on the side of caution and bring one with you to reduce the chances

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-jurgen-klopp-zeljko-buvac-25501255
[article]There has been only snippets of information regarding his exit, with Mirror Sport revealing the two had a row after Buvac had been approached by Arsenal.

Then sporting director Sven Mislintat was reportedly eyeing Buvac for the vacant manager’s job and Klopp was said to be incensed that he was left in the dark regarding the talks.

In a rare interview at the end of last year, Buvac, 60, offered a telling response when asked about his relationship with Jurgen Klopp.

As the lights flickered in the studio, he joked: "It's a sign that this isn't a good question! Everyone asks how and why, but people live together for 30 years and then they break up. It happens."

Little is known about his two-and-a-half year stint at Anfield, with Pep Ljinders filling the void superbly as the Reds lifted the Champions League and Premier League in their first two seasons without the Bosnian.

But he suggested that he played a major part in Liverpool’s resurgence, claiming that to all intents and purposes he was as much of the manager as Klopp himself.

"I did the job of a manager, except speaking in public and giving interviews," he explained. "Apart from that, I had all the functions and tried to influence my team as much as I could to help them succeed. But I didn't need that kind of attention.

"I don’t want to be a manager now. If Barcelona calls me, then I’ll think about it, but otherwise no.

"You say I’m here just to stay occupied and wait for a better chance.

"But if you knew what kind of offers I had rejected during the pause in my career, you wouldn’t have said that. But I won’t tell you which clubs."

[/article]

Would we take him back post Klopp?
Not for me. I'd like to see Pep Lijnders given another chance at management. A lot of time has passed since his NL sojourn and his integral position at the club and with the players, and huge experience, would do a lot to offset the depression that will naturally follow Klopp's departure, amongst fans and players alike, and bring stability in playing style, training & management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom