• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match: Atletico Madrid (a) CL - Tuesday 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
Not sure about anyone else but I’ve lost the ability to open this site on my laptop and assumed @SummerOnions had forgotten to pay the bill.

anyway, big game with a win putting us in a glorious position. Fabinho coming into this fresh too. Would also be a good chance to rest the odd player ahead of a huge trip to Old Trafford, notably Robbo & Mane who played a lot in the internationals and maybe Naby too, keeping him fresh.

Alisson

Trent
Tsimikas
Matip
VVD

Fabinho
Henderson
Milner

Jota
Salah
Bobby

I don’t think Milner will start after playing at the weekend. Naby did alright on Saturday, more than enough to keep his place. I think Robbo will start as he has was taken off too. Get a win here then we can think we can take it easy for the rest of the group games.

I agree with the rest of the team.

I don’t think Milner will start after playing at the weekend. Naby did alright on Saturday, more than enough to keep his place. I think Robbo will start as he has was taken off too. Get a win here then we can think we can take it easy for the rest of the group games.

I agree with the rest of the team.

I'm thinking more about keeping Naby fit for United as we know he can be fragile and 3 in a week after internationals might be pushing it. Guess we are still a bit bare unless Jones or Thiago are likely to return. If Jones was fit i'd love to see him play at Old Trafford.

We don’t play till Sunday so I think he’s be fine.

Thiago could be a fair distance away from being involved. When the club was releasing training pics last week he was posting London tourist pics. I’ve no idea how Jones is recovering.

These games are a bit of a balancing act, away with little time to prepare and then another big game at the weekend. I can't see Milner playing 2 games in 4 days, we would be asking for trouble starting him in Madrid. Hopefully Jones is able to make the bench as we may need to keep some legs fresh for the weekend. Fabinho Keita Jota and Tsimikas to start.

I’d play a weakened side.

We are getting out of the group anyway and Sunday is far more important

I’d play a weakened side.

We are getting out of the group anyway and Sunday is far more important
Might ruin our momentum, but I kinda agree although "weakened" is a bit strong.
Give Konate a run, play Jones and Tsimikas.
Dunno if Thiago will be ready but if he is, he should start alongside Fabs.

Maybe this lineup:

Alisson

Trent - hasn't actually played that much lately
Konate
Matip
Tsimikas

Fabinho
Thiago
Jones

Jota
Origi
X

X being the wing forward we should have signed this summer, but fuck it. Play Ox.

I'd thank you for a point with a smile on my face in this match. They're always a nightmare to play against, and they were given the weekend off by La Liga to prepare for this game.

Curtis Jones will miss Liverpool's Champions League trip to Atletico Madrid, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

The No.17 remains sidelined with the minor injury that forced him to sit out the victory at Watford on the weekend.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Monday, Klopp said: "Unfortunately Curtis was only with us in the warming up and will be here in Liverpool to hopefully make the final steps to full training.
"Today he did only warming up and then did his stuff, but still individual training and we decided to leave him here to continue that. And then hopefully he is ready for United."

--------

No return date has been set for Thiago, who has missed the last four games, with Klopp admitting prior to the trip to Watford that the situation was “a bit disappointing.”

Not sure about anyone else but I’ve lost the ability to open this site on my laptop and assumed @SummerOnions had forgotten to pay the bill.

anyway, big game with a win putting us in a glorious position. Fabinho coming into this fresh too. Would also be a good chance to rest the odd player ahead of a huge trip to Old Trafford, notably Robbo & Mane who played a lot in the internationals and maybe Naby too, keeping him fresh.

Alisson

Trent
Tsimikas
Matip
VVD

Fabinho
Henderson
Milner

Jota
Salah
Bobby

Pretty much agree with momoWASboss@,But I believe you have to start mane a head of Jota. He is very much inform now and Alt Madird are not to be taken ligthly...

Yes there are 5 days after this before the United game but we still need to rotate, the effect is certainly cumulative by the time we get to the final stages of the PL/CL.

With Thiago, Elliott and Jones out we are back to bare bones in midfield. I can see some youngsters in the CL squad making the bench (Morton, Balagizi, Cannonier).

Whilst it would be nice to win it is by no means a must-win and although Atletico have had the weekend off they are by no means playing as well (yet, perhaps) as last season. We can afford to gamble a little with team selection with the United game in mind.

Both Konate and Philipps are in our CL squad. I'd give Konate a start and rest Matip, the most delicate of our CBs. Upfront we need to rotate, Mane or Mo? I'd start Mo and if all goes to plan rest him after 60 mins with Ox or Origi coming on.

Millie, Neco, Morton, Origi, Ox., Firmino .... could all come on for game time in the later stages.

----------------------------- Ali

Trent ------ Konate ----------- VvD ------------ Tsimikas

--------------------------- Fabs

---------------- Hendo ---------- Keita

Salah ------------------ Jota -------------- Minamino

Pretty much agree with momoWASboss@,But I believe you have to start mane a head of Jota. He is very much inform now and Alt Madird are not to be taken ligthly...

Agree with Mane in form, but he played two games in the break and I think is someone worth keeping fresh to go all-out against United. Wouldn't mind seeing him start for obvious reasons but we have a nice situation where we don't need to play the same three forwards every game now.

No return date has been set for Thiago, who has missed the last four games, with Klopp admitting prior to the trip to Watford that the situation was “a bit disappointing.”

Given how Klopp always tries to put a positive spin on things (an injured player is always “in a good way”), this is not good. Let’s face it, Thiago is probably dead.

Agree with Mane in form, but he played two games in the break and I think is someone worth keeping fresh to go all-out against United. Wouldn't mind seeing him start for obvious reasons but we have a nice situation where we don't need to play the same three forwards every game now.
I agree, but It would be nice to get this game in the bag. Klopp could always tell Mane that we will play him for 55-60 mins and give jota the shout after that.
But I believe that having the midfield fresh, and Fab will serves us better vs Man Utd, and help for TAA vs Ronaldo will be key

Atletico possibly missing Gimenez, Llorente and Savic. Weaker in defence if they are out.

I missed the Thiago injury, did someone injure him or did he injure himself?
Also, I can't come down that hard on Thiago for last seasons injury, that fucking Everton player tried to chop off his leg.

Thiago has spent about 3 quarters of his career injured. We should never have placed such faith in him coming in and being a consistent fixture at 29. But hey, just another thing I was right about

I missed the Thiago injury, did someone injure him or did he injure himself?
Also, I can't come down that hard on Thiago for last seasons injury, that fucking Everton player tried to chop off his leg.

Calf injury at the end of the Palace game. The time frame was after the international break, so he's probably back this weekend or next week.
Has been pictured back in training by himself, so its close I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom