• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (h) - Sat - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1975

I know it's early, I know it's non-conformist to do this now, but we need to exorcise some demons here.

What do we change against Bournemouth? We need to avoid another slip up and get a confidence-boosting decent win.

For me, we don't have a lot of options to change many of the issues that were our undoing last night. Personally if it was up to me, I'd drop Trent or put him in midfield.

---------------------Allison----------------------
?????????--Gomez-VVD----Robertson-

-------------Fabinho---Bajcetic--------------
---Elliott----------Carvalho--------Diaz-----
----------------------Salah--------------------

or

Gomez----Phillips----VVD----Robertson-
--------------------Fabinho--------------------
--------Trent--------------------Elliott--------
----Diaz------------Salah-------Carvalho-

I don't want Milner or Firmino near the team this weekend, neither are capable of playing at this level any more.

I'd either go:

Trent-----Gomez-------VVD----Robertson-
-------------Hendo---Fabinho--------------
---Elliott----------Bobby/Carvalho--------Diaz-----

or

----------------------Fabinho--------------------
----------Trent-----------------Henderson-----------
-----Elliot-----------Salah-------------Diaz-

Bobby shouldn't start, and if he has to it shouldn't be as the 9. We look toothless when he's there.

I'd probably go with marks first team, but with Millie at right back. I'd also start Kostas

I'd either go:

Trent-----Gomez-------VVD----Robertson-
-------------Hendo---Fabinho--------------
---Elliott----------Bobby/Carvalho--------Diaz-----

I think this - although Trent or Robbo could do with a benching.

Hopefully with Mark starting this it will give us some new mojo and luck. We need it.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo
Fabs Hendo
Elliott Carvalho Diaz
Salah

4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2

I dont like chopping and changing again at the back even though a benching could easily happen to Trent and Robbo. They are that good that we need to play them into form, and that back 5 needs games together with injuries to Matip and Konate.

------------------Alisson

Trent----Gomez------Van Dijk-----Robbo

----------Fabs------Hendo
---------------Bruno Mars
Salah--------------------------------Diaz
---------------Firmino

Give Fabs jr a start and go with the tried and trusted.
NEVER EVER PLAY HENDERSON AS A DM AGAIN!

---------------- Alisson
TAA ----- Gomez -- VVD --- Robbo
----- Hendo /Bajetic --- Fabs
-- Diaz -------- Elliot --- Carvahlo
---------------- Salah

Interesting idea to move Diaz to the RW and Salah to the middle. I think one advantage of playing Carvalho at LW is that he is excellent at linking up with his full-back, time and time again he will hold the ball up and almost force the LB to make an overlapping run, then casually slide the ball to him.

Dropping Hendo for Bajcetic would be quite a statement, but at this point anything is possible and worth considering.

The last thing we need to do is start moving players around mid season. We did that last time we had a injury crisis, with Fabs and Hendo playing in defence instead of Philips. Let's not go down that path again.
So no, I don't want Salah upfront, no to Trent in midfield and a big fucking no to a midfield with two midgets in Carvalho and Elliott in it.

The last thing we need to do is start moving players around mid season. We did that last time we had a injury crisis, with Fabs and Hendo playing in defence instead of Philips. Let's not go down that path again.
So no, I don't want Salah upfront, no to Trent in midfield and a big fucking no to a midfield with two midgets in Carvalho and Elliott in it.

Salah has played up top for us a lot so it wouldn't be anything new. We need an alternative to the static Firmino.

Judging from Klopp’s post match comments— we were unlucky and had one or two moments gone our way, we’d have won— he’s unlikely to make major changes.

I know it's not going to happen, especially at home to Bournemouth but.....

----------------------Alisson----------------------

-------Gomez------Virgil-----Robbo----------

Trent--------Hendo------Fab--------Tsimikas

-------------Carvalho-------Diaz--------------

---------------------Salah-----------------------

I'd honestly even maybe think about Putting Fab in a back 3, pushing Trent more inside and giving Robbo more room to manoeuvre on the wing.

Gomez and Trent covering the right hand side together with Hendo is a disaster waiting to happen.

I can't see this.

Let's be honest, whatever line up and formation we go with we're getting smashed 4-0 anyway so lets all enjoy the World Cup and roll on summer 2023 Yaaaaaay.

I know it's not going to happen, especially at home to Bournemouth but.....

----------------------Alisson----------------------

-------Gomez------Virgil-----Robbo----------

Trent--------Hendo------Fab--------Tsimikas

-------------Carvalho-------Diaz--------------

---------------------Salah-----------------------

I'd honestly even maybe think about Putting Fab in a back 3, pushing Trent more inside and giving Robbo more room to manoeuvre on the wing.

I know you get a lot of stick for your football opinions on this forum, but honestly that’s not such a bad suggestion. Klopp won’t do it, but another manager (like Tuchel) probably would. Robbo, for one, would probably extend his career in a LCB role and if we had enough attackers, you could even imagine Diaz at LWB in some games.

I know you get a lot of stick for your football opinions on this forum, but honestly that’s not such a bad suggestion. Klopp won’t do it, but another manager (like Tuchel) probably would. Robbo, for one, would probably extend his career in a LCB role and if we had enough attackers, you could even imagine Diaz at LWB in some games.

I think it's more the way I exert my opinions that I get the stick for as opposed to the idea itself.

& because I've built this "reputation" here that whatever he says he must be talking bollocks or it's just a kneejerk/wind up reaction, that no one wants to side with me as a resort of guilty by association where others feel they may get singled out if they did despite knowing deep down you all agree....probably why I get so many private messages from you guys saying how knowledgeable I am surrounding the club and football in general....but we can leave that be for another time.

Either way, couldn't give a fuck so long as I see Liverpool get back to winning games.

That front 3 however looks sterile, not unlike Chelsea’s current one. If we leave Diaz at LWB, I would play Mo on the right, Nunez up top and Jota/Carvalho on the left (when everyone is back, obviously). Sub Thiago for Hendo and it’s a good-looking 3-4-2-1 as any.

...probably why I get so many private messages from you guys saying how knowledgeable I am surrounding the club and football in general....but we can leave that be for another time.

Who are these posters? Name and shame...We haven't had a purge in some time.

Just kidding, binomial. Don't take my posts seriously.

--------------------Fabinho--------------------
--------Trent--------------------Elliott--------
---------------------Fab C---------------------
-----------Salah--------------Diaz-------------

????

That front 3 however looks sterile, not unlike Chelsea’s current one. If we leave Diaz at LWB, I would play Mo on the right, Nunez up top and Jota/Carvalho on the left (when everyone is back, obviously). Sub Thiago for Hendo and it’s a good-looking 3-4-2-1 as any.
They look sterile because they have no space to operate in, and again that comes from the lack of speed and fluidity of the midfield play. Teams don't have to worry about us, no Mane to fight for the ball in midfield, or speed to counter, no players to make that cute pass to the forward men before the opposition get back to position. Of course they look sterile, Diaz Salah have three me on them by the time they get the fucking ball. If we content to play like this, goals will look very unlikely or we score to late to make up any shortcomings.

Anyway - we’re smashing Bournemouth.

I’m personally staging an intervention to re-set the cosmic balance and get our season back on track.

I’m at Anfield for not the second time ever - the last being in 1999.

There will be no possibility of a jinx on this game - we’re winning, that is all, thank me later.

If we lose - I will offer myself as a sacrifice to the Gods of Jinx.

After this game though - Any of you fucking jinxy fuckers get jinxy, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!

Let's be real, Klopp isn't changing the formation. So assuming there's no fitness updates, I hope the front six looks something like

Henderson Fabinho Carvalho
Elliott Salah Diaz

Haha I was also thinking of starting this thread - it's a banker to get the thread-starter off on a run !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom