• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match CL final vs Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna keep reading this continually to try to keep my nerves in check as the day approaches.

I may have to get it printed I'll need to read it that much.
If we win i’ll get that tattood on my ribs

Yeah but how much do they really want it....

Theyve won it twice in the last 2 years... will the hunger be there?

I mean come on, theyve been there done it, but surely our boys will want it more?

Yeah but how much do they really want it....

Theyve won it twice in the last 2 years... will the hunger be there?

I mean come on, theyve been there done it, but surely our boys will want it more?
The mentality has to be there for them to have won it twice in a row and gotten to their third CL final in a row.
We’ll just be better than them.

We'll be hungrier than them. I suppose the issue might be the logical argument that they're more likely to be able to handle the occasion, and bring their A game whilst we falter, being crippled by nerves. I think we've got on top of our nerves in really key moments this season, and I don't see it being a problem. The way the team came out after a battering in the first half at the Emptyhad and took the game to City was a real sign of character. The whole 180 minutes of that fixture was incredibly pressured and we were very big underdogs going into it. I didn't doubt us then and I don't now. Things go wrong for us when we relax a bit. We're at our best when playing under supreme pressure. I think this will bring the best out in us. And the best of us is quite a fucking thing.

That's the beauty of this side.

We don't actually need to be better than than them for ninety minutes. We could be the better side for twenty minutes & score enough goals to ensure we win.

We have the ability to not just score explosively on the counter, but to turn that into a twenty minute period where any side in the world is torn to pieces.

It's a European Cup Final so both sides will be right up for it...especially as this is a proper final between European royalty, none of your Jonny come lately rich boys.

Basically, it comes down to which defence is less shit on the night. I think that will be ours.

I'd love us to batter them.... not only to say we won the European Cup, but also to announce to the world that maybe the Barca / Real Madrid hold on football might be coming to an end.

If Klopp recruits correctly again this summer I really can see us starting to get back to where we used to be 30 odd years ago...

We really are only 1 very good window and a CL win away from the promised land again....

That's the beauty of this side.

We don't actually need to be better than than them for ninety minutes. We could be the better side for twenty minutes & score enough goals to ensure we win.

We have the ability to not just score explosively on the counter, but to turn that into a twenty minute period where any side in the world is torn to pieces.

Six.

Six minutes.

I genuinely believe we have been the best team in all of Europe since the turn of the year. We know how good City are... getting 100 points is no joke. However they’ve not been the same since the league game at anfield.
Real Madrid are lucky to be in the final. PSG and Munich never get any competition in their domestic leagues so when they play in the latter stages of the champions league, they often get found out. Barca... well look how bad Madrid have been in La Liga, again no real competition then Roma knock them out.
We’ve had to battle big teams on a more regular basis. I honestly agree that it is down to us. We play our game how we know we can and they won’t know what hit em. We had a few dodge results in the league, but when you play twice a week for 2/3 months with essentially 13/14 players that will happen.

See the difference a week off before Brighton made?

It’s time for number 6 people

Look at it this way. Spurs were by far the better team in the two games in the group stage. That includes RM being on home soil. We all know we are a much better team than Spurs. This is going to be a few thousand mile away in a stadium packed to the rafters with Liverpool fans. And then they have our forward line to contend with. I really do believe this is ours for the taking unless stupid mistakes drop to that horrible crying self absorbed Portugese twat.

Quiffing.......spanish teams have won 12 of the last 18 European finals, it's hard to be overly optimistic.

I don’t see how that’s relevant. I’m interested in the here and now. I appreciate it’s a strong statistical point you make but that has nothing to do with these two particular teams playing each other on the night.

I don’t see how that’s relevant. I’m interested in the here and now. I appreciate it’s a strong statistical point you make but that has nothing to do with these two particular teams playing each other on the night.
I'm looking for as many reasons to be pessimistic as possible, it's a pre-match routine that hasn't let me down this season yet. We are gonna get mullered.

I'm looking for as many reasons to be pessimistic as possible, it's a pre-match routine that hasn't let me down this season yet. We are gonna get mullered.
Bullish confidence has been my way, right up until the day before the match when I start shitting it and knocking down the bastion of certainty I had created in the preceding period.

I've been a bag of shit mixed cement for at least a week.

I'm currently overworked and under heavy stress but by god this ones factoring in too... 27th could be one of my favourite days of the year just for being so smashed I dont know what work is any more.

I managed to take on an extra weeks work in a weekend so I'm up at 6am on a Friday. Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom