• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (h) - Mon - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for context, I seem to recall we had 3 or 4 draws in the first half of last season. So all is not lost just yet but it sure makes it hard to compete with City - you need to be pretty much perfect from the get go.

There is maybe a case to be made that Darwin should play on the left of the front 3, which would allow him to run onto things more, use his pace and just play with less thought or nuance. Him being the main middle point of our attack isnt helping him. Our system was designed for the goal threat to come from the wide forwards, and the central striker to be the deep clever link. Him as the central striker makes us no more unique than Wolves or Palace.

But this might be Rafa Benitez overcomplicate-it type of thinking.

So in other words you haven't seen much (anything) of him but have been convinced by Twitter / Bluebell that he's the second coming anyway. Gotcha.
The guy plays for his national team , so he is in good company to be picked for them. Regardless, we just need someone who can stay fit, and his injury record is good. I suspect if Wolves use him well, he will shine, and Klopp will regret not signing him. I think its appalling that we have taken such a risk with this team going into a season, when we know half of them spend more time on the treatment table, and are unreliable.

[article][article]
Harvey Elliott reveals bad mood in Liverpool dressing room and admits Man Utd concerns
Harvey Elliott has revealed that Liverpool were left frustrated by Monday night's draw with Crystal Palace and that the Reds are determined to bounce back against Manchester United

By
Dan MarshSports Reporter
  • 11:33, 16 Aug 2022
Harvey Elliott has revealed that Liverpool are determined to kickstart their season against Manchester United after being left frustrated by Crystal Palace on Monday night - but conceded that getting a result at Old Trafford will still be "tough".
The Reds were forced to settle for a point at Anfield after Darwin Nunez was sent off during the 1-1 draw for headbutting Joachim Anderson. Wilfried Zaha had fired the Eagles into a shock first-half lead, but Jurgen Klopp's depleted side battled back to clinch a share of the spoils courtesy of a stunning solo goal from Luis Diaz.
Although Liverpool managed to salvage a point, they already sit four points behind Manchester City in the race for the title after they were held to a 2-2 draw at Fulham in last weekend's season-opener. And Elliott admitted that the Reds were frustrated that they were unable to make amends against the Eagles.

1_GettyImages-1242487074.jpg

[h2]Liverpool fans fume at Matheus Nunes transfer decision as Reds stand firm on stance[/h2]

Speaking to Liverpool's official website, Elliott said: "I think the mood in the changing room sums it up really. We came here to win, unfortunately we couldn’t do that today but it's a point. We haven’t been beaten, which is the main thing, and we're just going to take it into the next game. Hopefully, we can put it right."
Liverpool dominated proceedings for the majority of the match but went in behind at the break after Zaha finished off a slick counter-attack for Palace, who were content to soak up pressure and try to hit their hosts on the break - something that frustrated Elliott, who starred for the Reds in midfield alongside James Milner.
The youngster continued: "Palace came here with a game plan and it worked for them. I think the boys showed great resilience and great fight and desire to come back and grab the goal from Luis – a bit of magic from him. We need these players in these tough times.
Join the debate! What did you make of Liverpool's performance against Crystal Palace? Let us know here.

0_Screenshot-2022-08-16-at-110737.jpg

Harvey Elliott has admitted that Liverpool were left frustrated after their 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace (
Image:
LFC TV)
"It was a sucker punch, to be honest. I felt like we were all over them. We had so many chances, including myself, that we couldn't put away. It's a learning curve and we're taking it into the next game and making sure next time we can take these chances to make sure we come away with a win."
[bcolor=unset] [/bcolor]
Liverpool will be searching for their first win of the new Premier League campaign against a Manchester United side who are currently rock bottom of the table following a nightmare start under Erik ten Hag.
But Elliott is under no illusions about the task Liverpool will face at Old Trafford and insists that getting a result against United will be anything but easy.
He added: "Man United is always going to be a tough game away at their place. We’re just going to be fully focused and with full fight and hopefully, we can go in and put it right this time."
[/article][/article]

[article][article]
Harvey Elliott reveals bad mood in Liverpool dressing room and admits Man Utd concerns
Harvey Elliott has revealed that Liverpool were left frustrated by Monday night's draw with Crystal Palace and that the Reds are determined to bounce back against Manchester United

By
Dan MarshSports Reporter
  • 11:33, 16 Aug 2022
Harvey Elliott has revealed that Liverpool are determined to kickstart their season against Manchester United after being left frustrated by Crystal Palace on Monday night - but conceded that getting a result at Old Trafford will still be "tough".
The Reds were forced to settle for a point at Anfield after Darwin Nunez was sent off during the 1-1 draw for headbutting Joachim Anderson. Wilfried Zaha had fired the Eagles into a shock first-half lead, but Jurgen Klopp's depleted side battled back to clinch a share of the spoils courtesy of a stunning solo goal from Luis Diaz.
Although Liverpool managed to salvage a point, they already sit four points behind Manchester City in the race for the title after they were held to a 2-2 draw at Fulham in last weekend's season-opener. And Elliott admitted that the Reds were frustrated that they were unable to make amends against the Eagles.

1_GettyImages-1242487074.jpg

[h2]Liverpool fans fume at Matheus Nunes transfer decision as Reds stand firm on stance[/h2]

Speaking to Liverpool's official website, Elliott said: "I think the mood in the changing room sums it up really. We came here to win, unfortunately we couldn’t do that today but it's a point. We haven’t been beaten, which is the main thing, and we're just going to take it into the next game. Hopefully, we can put it right."
Liverpool dominated proceedings for the majority of the match but went in behind at the break after Zaha finished off a slick counter-attack for Palace, who were content to soak up pressure and try to hit their hosts on the break - something that frustrated Elliott, who starred for the Reds in midfield alongside James Milner.
The youngster continued: "Palace came here with a game plan and it worked for them. I think the boys showed great resilience and great fight and desire to come back and grab the goal from Luis – a bit of magic from him. We need these players in these tough times.
Join the debate! What did you make of Liverpool's performance against Crystal Palace? Let us know here.

0_Screenshot-2022-08-16-at-110737.jpg

Harvey Elliott has admitted that Liverpool were left frustrated after their 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace (
Image:
LFC TV)
"It was a sucker punch, to be honest. I felt like we were all over them. We had so many chances, including myself, that we couldn't put away. It's a learning curve and we're taking it into the next game and making sure next time we can take these chances to make sure we come away with a win."

Liverpool will be searching for their first win of the new Premier League campaign against a Manchester United side who are currently rock bottom of the table following a nightmare start under Erik ten Hag.
But Elliott is under no illusions about the task Liverpool will face at Old Trafford and insists that getting a result against United will be anything but easy.
He added: "Man United is always going to be a tough game away at their place. We’re just going to be fully focused and with full fight and hopefully, we can go in and put it right this time."
[/article][/article]
Jesus Christ - do you have to post Red Top shite? Talk about a misleading headline. Awful newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom