• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically rotating back from Milan to the game before is 'rotating the squad' but would be interesting to see whether the likes of Tsimikas or Ox/Minamino get a run out.

Stolen from reddit:

Klopp’s pre match press conference quotes :
Klopp on Firmino: "Not ready, Bobby hasn't trained with the team yet. That will be some time next week."​
Klopp on Salah contract: "There's nothing to say, especially from me, I am not involved. Obviously I am interested in how sharp he looks. He's spot on. Really good. Nothing else to say."​
Klopp: "Massive [difference] in Palace. A proper football side. Patrick has a clear idea of how to set up and use the players. Incredible how strong they are pu front. Edouard came in and scored twice. Ayew, Benteke, Zaha...quality. Gallagher in midfield, a talent."​
Klopp: "We spoke about the schedule, this one is normal for us, 3 games a week, Sun, Weds, Sat is a tough one so you have to think about this. We came through [so far] and the boys did really well. We'll make changes again, that's clear."​
Klopp: "I am not too much in the other teams' situations, but it's a good start for us. Some good football but if you want to be around the really top spots you have to and you cannot waste points. That's how it is. We just keep going. Not surprise by other teams' results."​
Klopp on Mane: "Sadio is really sharp. We talk about this when a striker misses chances but the amount he had is important. He's in a good moment, he'll get there [to 100] goals one day. It would be nice [to do it Sat]. In a really good moment physically and mentally."​
”He's an exceptional player so he has to perform that way. That's what we expect from him."​
Klopp on Origi: "It was exceptional coming in and playing like this [v Milan]. We play a lot of games now and train a lot. Div was with us in int'l break, so he could train and show up. We could see it. That's why I decided to start him. Still a possibility it's not so easy."​
”His nice little chip for Mo was an important moment. He had cramp so we will see what that means for tomorrow."​
Klopp on Van Dijk: "If you like we're still in extended pre-season for him. I don't want to talk about injuries, but Ibou, Joe, Joel all have had injuries. Now we just make sure we have a proper pair on the pitch."​
Klopp: "I cannot help people who don't see the quality of Joel. He was unlucky with injuries. He's tall and it can look a bit edgy but he's always been incredible for us. We need his quality, we have 4 or 5 top-class CBs and that is good and necessary."​

So who's had a 'rest' (inc. subbed off early) in the past couple of games ? VvD, Hendo, Thiago, Mane, Jota ... all cert starters then. Keita too but I can't see Klopp resting Fabs or Hendo now.

Who else needs a rest? Matip for sure. Mo? Can't see Klopp resting him but his pre-match conference maybe says otherwise. We have a backup for Robbo but what about Trent? I guess Mo and Trent will get their rest vs. Norwich in the Milk Cup.

I've gone for Konate to pair up with VvD but it is just as likely to be Gomez. Against Palace I'd prefer Konate's aerial strength.

--------------------Alisson------------

Trent -- Konate ------ VvD ----- Tsimikas

------------------ Fabinho

---------- Hendo ------- Thiago

Salah ----------- Jota ----------- Mane

If we're doing OK then I can see Milner, Jones & Minamino all getting minutes.

I don't think Curtis Jones will start but wouldn't be surprised if he was given at least 30 minutes. I mentioned last week that I was disappointed that he looked the same player as he was on his debut and that he hasn't begun to evolve yet. I posited that maybe he will have been inspired by the was Harvey Elliott got his chance and made an immediate impact by trying to influence the game positively rather than just keeping possession and trying not to make mistakes.

I also think Elliott's apparent promotion ahead of Jones in the pecking order will give Jones a kick up the arse because he has so much ability but at some stage he has to start becoming the player we know he can be.

All that said....when he came on against Milan he instantly looked a more composed and proactive player than we've previously seen. I think Klopp might have noticed this too and be tempted to put him in ahead of the likes of AOC, Minamino, Keita etc.

I don't think Curtis Jones will start but wouldn't be surprised if he was given at least 30 minutes. I mentioned last week that I was disappointed that he looked the same player as he was on his debut and that he hasn't begun to evolve yet. I posited that maybe he will have been inspired by the was Harvey Elliott got his chance and made an immediate impact by trying to influence the game positively rather than just keeping possession and trying not to make mistakes.

I also think Elliott's apparent promotion ahead of Jones in the pecking order will give Jones a kick up the arse because he has so much ability but at some stage he has to start becoming the player we know he can be.

All that said....when he came on against Milan he instantly looked a more composed and proactive player than we've previously seen. I think Klopp might have noticed this too and be tempted to put him in ahead of the likes of AOC, Minamino, Keita etc.

You'd hope that would be Curtis' reaction to being surpassed by Elliott. This is his year to break through and, if he doesn't, his future is likely to lie away from this club. He needs to seize his next opportunities with both hands and make the most out of them.

Liverpool: Alisson; Milner, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Jota
Substitutes: Kelleher, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Robertson, Origi, Phillips

That back line is a bit concerning. Not individually, putting any one of them in with the other 3 regulars wouldn't be a worry. But VVD + 1 fella on a debut, a novice and and oul' fella is a concern.

Hopefully we just blast them away with the forward line l.

Fucking hell Milner vs Zaha, last time he got sent off and Klopp must rate Nico the international way down the order.

So who's had a 'rest' (inc. subbed off early) in the past couple of games ? VvD, Hendo, Thiago, Mane, Jota ... all cert starters then. Keita too but I can't see Klopp resting Fabs or Hendo now.

Who else needs a rest? Matip for sure. Mo? Can't see Klopp resting him but his pre-match conference maybe says otherwise. We have a backup for Robbo but what about Trent? I guess Mo and Trent will get their rest vs. Norwich in the Milk Cup.

I've gone for Konate to pair up with VvD but it is just as likely to be Gomez. Against Palace I'd prefer Konate's aerial strength.

--------------------Alisson------------

Trent -- Konate ------ VvD ----- Tsimikas

------------------ Fabinho

---------- Hendo ------- Thiago

Salah ----------- Jota ----------- Mane

If we're doing OK then I can see Milner, Jones & Minamino all getting minutes.

Damn. I got 10/11, only Millie at RB and I bet no-one in the country got that one right.

That back 4 is a balls on the line call from Klopp, if it fucks up you can't blame the players. Let's hope there's enough quality in front of them to make it irrelevant.

Matip needed a rest now, and Gomez wouldnt play two games in 3 days.
TAA getting sick is out of Klopps hands, but the Robbo rotation is ballsy

That back 4 is a balls on the line call from Klopp, if it fucks up you can't blame the players. Let's hope there's enough quality in front of them to make it irrelevant.
Why ? Robbo + VvD no course. Konate has played well and has tons of BL experience and Millie is a very experienced, quality, player who has played there before. I've no doubt Fabs has got extra instructions to cover that side anyway ... for Zaha. I don't see it as being overly risky, especially considering we'll likely have 60-70% possession.

I'm more interested in seeing how we adapt to not having any TAA crosses. I imagine we'll see Hendo taking on that role and being more RM centric to link up with Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom