• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man Utd (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy there Froggy....45 mins against Norwich in a cup game isn't any real indicator.

Remember when some thought Ben Woodburn could be our Coutinho?
I've been watching him in the U23s. He really looks a player. I'm sure Klopp will be giving him a lot more minutes this season.

I don't think that Atalanta game told us anything we didn't already know. United will be a shambles at the back but a threat going forwards. If we are clinical we can hopefully shut the door on them, I am starting to think this might be a 2-3 2-4 win for us.

The main thing I saw in that game was Rashford brutalising their high line, after our game against AM, thats got me worried, we need to learn to deal with it, Rashford is deadly in those situations.

The main thing I saw in that game was Rashford brutalising their high line, after our game against AM, thats got me worried, we need to learn to deal with it, Rashford is deadly in those situations.
He is going to destroy Trent if he doesn't get help.
I don't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Fabinho is going to be very important for us in this game. Atlanta let Bruno do whatever he wanted infornt of their defence. He's their main link in attack. We need to keep him quiet.

Van Dijk and Matip can handle Ronaldo.
I trust Robbo to do his thing on the left.

Our line up should be:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago - hopefully ( Keita otherwise)
Henderson

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Reminds me of when Madrid destroyed us. The solution - effectively press the players making those passes. Jota ignored Kroos that game in a way Bobby would never. This is why I think Bobby needs to be starting on Sunday.

Watched the Utd - Atalanta game yesterday, and they are shaky at the back as we know. Atalanta were cruising at 2-0. But the inclusion of Rashford saw them go route one on several occasions. From Bruno Fernandes in particular. Rashford was always on the shoulder of the defender and clean through with several chances. His goal came after a poor pass in midfield from Ilicic and they hit them on the break.

We have to adjust that high defensive line from the Atletico game, and the inclusion of Fabinho will give us more balance. But sloppy passes being overhit or lost in the middle of the park will see that route one football from Utd trying to hit us on the break.
Henderson had one against Atletico were he tried a heel flick in the centre of midfield. We have to be concentrated in that area.

Not looking forward to this game. I feel we're a much better team, no doubt. But getting hit on the break is always on the cards with Rashford.
Could be plenty of goals.

Watched the Utd - Atalanta game yesterday, and they are shaky at the back as we know. Atalanta were cruising at 2-0. But the inclusion of Rashford saw them go route one on several occasions. From Bruno Fernandes in particular. Rashford was always on the shoulder of the defender and clean through with several chances. His goal came after a poor pass in midfield from Ilicic and they hit them on the break.

We have to adjust that high defensive line from the Atletico game, and the inclusion of Fabinho will give us more balance. But sloppy passes being overhit or lost in the middle of the park will see that route one football from Utd trying to hit us on the break.
Henderson had one against Atletico were he tried a heel flick in the centre of midfield. We have to be concentrated in that area.

Not looking forward to this game. I feel we're a much better team, no doubt. But getting hit on the break is always on the cards with Rashford.
Could be plenty of goals.

Demiral getting injured changed the game

Rashford went off with a dead thigh or something, can be quick healer, but maybe not , Ole wasn’t sure in his press briefing …

Midfield 3 of Fabinho, Milner & Henderson.

Rest of the team picks itself, apart from Bobby/Jota.

Can’t decide which one.

I think that’s a good sign - the away kit is much more pleasing on the eye than the yellow kit.

No - ugh that's awful. Give me the lucky Yellow Submarine kit any day (we just beat ATM away in it - how can it be anything but lucky)?!

Midfield 3 of Fabinho, Milner & Henderson.

Rest of the team picks itself, apart from Bobby/Jota.

Can’t decide which one.

Bobby for me. He's on form whereas Jota doesn't seem to be, and the way Bobby drops deep could play havoc with their defence. I'd unleash Jota at that defence in the last quarter or so, unless the need arises earlier for some reason.

I think that’s a good sign - the away kit is much more pleasing on the eye than the yellow kit.

Was a bit curious why we hadn't debuted this kit yet (It seems to be universally favoured as one of the greatest away kits of all time).

Hope we win, otherwise this is going to go down as a cursed kit of sorts

Rashford played last time and Trent was the man of the match. He will be fine as long Fabinho plays and midfield do their job.

Was a bit curious why we hadn't debuted this kit yet (It seems to be universally favoured as one of the greatest away kits of all time).

Hope we win, otherwise this is going to go down as a cursed kit of sorts
I must be in the minority that hates it then.

Bobby for me. He's on form whereas Jota doesn't seem to be, and the way Bobby drops deep could play havoc with their defence. I'd unleash Jota at that defence in the last quarter or so, unless the need arises earlier for some reason.

I can’t disagree other than I think both Bobby and Jota are out of sorts ( despite the hat-trick I’d tap ins).

Hopefully he'll do that again and not let them "Brentford his ass".

It’s more of an issue when the whole back 4 looks shakey.
As it was case with Brentford, Athletico and united 2018.
He has been a bit mixed since his injury comeback but hopefully the back 4 as a unit are just more focussed and get protection from
Midfield when they play that high line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom