• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match: Porto (H) Wed 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no, I'm not bladdered. Didn't even drink before/after game tonight.

I reckon we'll fall short in the League for obvious reasons, but genuinely don't think anyone can be arsed with us/Anfield in Europe and I think this current crop have one more major trophy in them before we'll see a bit of a rebuild within the team / squad.

I love Joël
83b42caf361c988ca2f398e04b138292.jpg

My thoughts on the game, Thiago is finally starting to look like the world class player we thought we were signing. Salah never takes a day off from being immense. Morton looked like he was more than ready for this level.

Konate is starting to look really cumbersome on the ball and his positioning is woeful, deserves time obviously but no way is he better than Gomez at this stage of his development.

My thoughts on the game, Thiago is finally starting to look like the world class player we thought we were signing. Salah never takes a day off from being immense. Morton looked like he was more than ready for this level.

Konate is starting to look really cumbersome on the ball and his positioning is woeful, deserves time obviously but no way is he better than Gomez at this stage of his development.

Don't you think we saw that late last year when we managed to get into top 4 with him and fabinho in the middle?

Don't you think we saw that late last year when we managed to get into top 4 with him and fabinho in the middle?

He had some good games last year no doubt,but I think he still largely played below his best. He never looked like the best midfielder in the world which is what he was billed as. I think the Arsenal game was probably the best I've seen him play in a red jersey, hopefully we are starting to see him step outside his comfort zone and really take control of games.

Utter Shite : Mane, Tsimikas
Shite : Ox, Minamino, Mo, Neco
Average : Ali, Konate
Good : Morton, Matip
Excellent : Thiago
OK 2nd half was much much better than the first half (above) so these are 2nd half ratings :

Below Average :
Konate.
Tsimikas (but much better than the 1st half), Ali (for that dangerous situation he created).
Hendo (constantly misplaced the ball, bar his 'assist')
Minamino (he constantly makes the wrong choice ... keeps hold when he should have passed, passes left when he should have gone right, is too late/too early with his attempted pass, and so on), unlucky with his well taken goal being chalked off.
Origi - did he do anything positive?
Mane - not sure he did anything right the whole game (bar a lovely goal that was unluckily VARed) with his usual mish-mash of poor control, poor passing and throwing himself to the ground.

Average :
Neco (upped his game - he's usually quite good in attack but defensively he's lacking)

Good :
Ox (stopped giving the ball away and missing tackles).
Mo - great goal, again, but this wasn't a vintage Mo evening. Porto's LB was very decent.

Very good :
Morton (this lad is going to be very good, he was tonight)
Matip

Superb : Thiago - easily MotM. Totally controlled the midfield. And what a goal !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom