• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Southampton (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
Some nice rotation in the CL with important players getting more minutes back to fitness. Now we are ready to go against Saints. I'd personally love to see the team that beat Arsenal start again but Jota may be the only one to miss out injury dependent.

----------------Alisson-----------------
Trent----Matip----VVD----Tsimikas I'd like to see Robbo fully fresh for Wednesday's derby
-----------------Fabs--------------------
----------Thiago-----Ox---------------- Hendo is back, but Ox is playing well at AM.
Salah---------Jota------------Mane I would expect Minamino or Origi to replace Jota if injured.

Tsimikas had his worst game for us whilst Robbo came on and looked really really REALLY up for it. Robbo will start.

If Hendo is fit then he'll start in place of Ox. Jota's was only supposed to be a very minor injury and probably that's why he was rested yesterday, to ensure he's fit for the weekend.

-------------------Alisson-----------------

Trent----Matip---------VVD----Robbo

--------------------Fabs--------------------

----------Hendo-----------Thiago------

Salah--------------Jota----------------Mane

Win 3-0

Kostas played for his country and then started back to back for Arse and Porto. Has not been called upon to do so for a while, so he was understandably leggy. We can and should rotate between two high quality players. It's certainly put the rocket boosters back into Robbo's feet- now let's see if Kostas can do the same when he gets back in.

Yeah, Robbo definitely looked like he had something to prove, he came on and started tearing around like a man possessed

Robbo definitely looked very switched on yesterday. Absolutely want him to start in the derby, so just have to manage his minutes against Soton.

Kostas played for his country and then started back to back for Arse and Porto. Has not been called upon to do so for a while, so he was understandably leggy. We can and should rotate between two high quality players. It's certainly put the rocket boosters back into Robbo's feet- now let's see if Kostas can do the same when he gets back in.
I hate it when our players have to go play for their country. But its even more galling when they play for our opposition, does my head in

@neiljonesgoal
Klopp confirms no new injuries ahead of Southampton game. Firmino, Keita, Jones, Gomez and Elliott all still sidelined.

OK, excited for this one then. The boys will be hungry after smashing the Arse and then having a break, and quite a few rested midweek.

I'm predicting another good performance.

Southhampton are one of those teams that might be having a shitty season, but can always turn up and give you a really tough game. I'm expecting one of those today.

Tsimikas had his worst game for us whilst Robbo came on and looked really really REALLY up for it. Robbo will start.

If Hendo is fit then he'll start in place of Ox. Jota's was only supposed to be a very minor injury and probably that's why he was rested yesterday, to ensure he's fit for the weekend.

-------------------Alisson-----------------

Trent----Matip---------VVD----Robbo

--------------------Fabs--------------------

----------Hendo-----------Thiago------

Salah--------------Jota----------------Mane

Win 3-0
Nothing has happened to change my belief in the above. All players got a rest or were brought off early. Klopp will bring in Robbo and Hendo. Maybe the only question mark is on Jota, and that would be a fitness issue.

Nothing has happened to change my belief in the above. All players got a rest or were brought off early. Klopp will bring in Robbo and Hendo. Maybe the only question mark is on Jota, and that would be a fitness issue.

Do we know how far away Bobby is from fitness?

Diogo Jota
Klopp was handed another injury concern following the victory over Arsenal as Jota hurt his knee following a collision with Aaron Ramsdale.
The Portuguese underwent lengthy treatment but was able to play a further 15 minutes before he was substituted for Takumi Minamino.
The club assessed Jota's fitness - but he seems to have suffered no lasting damage as he was on the bench for Wednesday's clash against Porto.
On Thursday, Jota was pictured taking part in full team training and will be in contention to start against Southampton as Klopp confirmed there was no fresh concerns in his press conference on Friday.

Some nice rotation in the CL with important players getting more minutes back to fitness. Now we are ready to go against Saints. I'd personally love to see the team that beat Arsenal start again but Jota may be the only one to miss out injury dependent.

----------------Alisson-----------------
Trent----Matip----VVD----Tsimikas I'd like to see Robbo fully fresh for Wednesday's derby
-----------------Fabs--------------------
----------Thiago-----Ox---------------- Hendo is back, but Ox is playing well at AM.
Salah---------Jota------------Mane I would expect Minamino or Origi to replace Jota if injured.
I want to say something +ve about Ox but I'll end up proven to be wrong.

Last edited:
I’m out on the lash and will be missing this. It seems for the first time in years I’m missing a game. Then I remembered I missed Chelsea and Fulham defeats last season.

Does anyone know if any boozers in town shows the 3pm games anymore? DM so it’s not advertised on here and sky grasses get wind of it.

I’m out on the lash and will be missing this. It seems for the first time in years I’m missing a game. Then I remembered I missed Chelsea and Fulham defeats last season.

Does anyone know if any boozers in town shows the 3pm games anymore? DM so it’s not advertised on here and sky grasses get wind of it.
Haha I just made a thread about it - if I find out I DM you or vice versa then!

Predicted line up : Ali Trent Konate VVD robbo Hendo fabulous thigao mane Jota mo #LFC

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Jota.
Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Matip, Williams, Morton.

We have to keep focusing on all the games and gain maximum points till the AFCON and take it from there to rely on Klopp's magic to get us through that period.

Am I right in thinking that this match is not available to watch in this part of the world?

Here you go lads. I'll try and find a proper stream as well. :)

Liverpool matches being shown live on UK TV : www.live-footballontv.com/liverpool-on-tv.html (& www.live-footballontv.com)

Liverpool matches being shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) : www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/liverpool (& www.livesoccertv.com)

^ the 'Some useful info for following the football + TV, Streams, & Highlights etc' thread is updated once a month : 60+ stream sites for watching any football match.

LFCGlobe.co.uk Streams : https://lfcglobe.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc-live-stream-online

For Live Audio / Radio Commentary : https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_wx0n9muc or www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070hx6/broadcasts/upcoming or https://talksport.com

For live scores, line-ups, fixtures & results, tables, in-game comms, and more... : www.flashscore.co.uk/team/liverpool/lId4TMwf (& www.flashscore.co.uk)

Liverpool Season 2021/22 Fixtures & Results (& also any UK TV channels showing the match live) : www.liverpoolfc.com/match/2021-22/first-team/fixtures-and-results

Liverpool goal videos (and other incidents, saves, skills etc) often appear here minutes after being scored : www.reddit.com/r/soccer/new & www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/new

LFC TV Channel Listings (for full match replays, highlights & other game content etc) : www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv & https://twitter.com/LFCTV (& https://twitter.com/LFC)

Upcoming live matches to be shown on the LFC TV channel - www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-lfc-tv.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom