• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-Season Game 7: AS Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that pressing when an opposing player receives it with his back to goal? That's pure Klopp's gegenshit right there. even the centre backs are doing it, saw Wisdom come charging at someone in midfield there to try and win it back. It's gonna catch some sides out massively this year.

2-1 Roma. Mig suspect for the goal.

My personal highlight of the game thus far was when Moreno had a chance to hit 4 or 5 team mates who had flooded the box, only to miss the box completely and overhit the ball towards the right touchline.

How should he not have saved it and how can you not blame him?
Shouldn't have been able to save the first attempt. It was point blank. Didn't even know it hit him. What he did afterwards, yeah possibly suspect.
Wisdom was just as stand offish

Last edited:
Can't really blame Mignolet for that goal, I agree.

Markovic has looked good.

Kevin Stewart playing CB if you missed it.

Haha, well can't really blame him for that one tbf. Shouldn't even have saved the first attempt.
It was a decent save for the first one, but he had to come for the second ball. He made a move as if he was going to come, and then stopped dead like an indecisive twat.

This is a really dire game. Just shit from both teams.

Markovic looks one of our sharper players

Can't blame Mignolet for the goal. The first header was a blaster and the 2nd ball was two yards out.

Unsurprisingly, goalkeeping has been the difference in the match. Match started brightly and then tailed off badly. Hope Mignolet doesn't start vs Barcelona. What little confidence he has needs to be protected ahead of Arsenal.

Have yet to see anything from wijnaldum or Mane to make me think they're gonna improve us much. Hope I'm wrong.

We missed a player like Lucas at the first goal, a DM that protects the back four. Shit defensive job by Coutinho at their second. He didn't even try to block the cross.

Ojo will be a better player than Sterling.

Cheers for the updates lads. I haven't seen any of the pre season and the new players but from what I am reading it sounds like same ol same ol. Don't think I can put myself through another season of Moreno at LB. Surely we have got something lined up and not James Milner?

I haven't seen any games either, but Klopp said his attitude is to use most of the games as an extension of training sessions, so I'd take the results and performances at this stage with a pinch of salt. Hopefully the last couple before the season starts will be a bit more competitive.

“In all of the [pre-season] games, we will play out full training. So, if we play our best in pre-season [games], I’ve done something completely wrong. It’s another [training] session, it’s not about beating our opponents.”

There's only one game left, against Barca. I guess that will give us an idea of the lineup against Arsenal. We need to get our shit together defensively though, that second goal was typical of the sort of goals we've conceded for years through crappy marking.

There's only one game left, against Barca. I guess that will give us an idea of the lineup against Arsenal. We need to get our shit together defensively though, that second goal was typical of the sort of goals we've conceded for years through crappy marking.

I was more pissed of by the first goal. The ease with which Roma transitioned from their half to Dzeko and then our central defenders backing off and off and allowing him to take the shot.

Watched the 1st half and most of the 2nd. I think Roma has deserved this victory overall; they played their strongest team and clearly took this game more seriously as they are getting ready for an early start in the CL qualifiers.

I thought Mane was our best player – really don't get the whole "I don't see how Mane and Wijnaldum improve us much" thing. Mane already clearly added another dimension and his understanding with Sturridge and other teammates is growing by the day; they only thing that's been missing is a goal. Wijnaldum played in a midfield 2 with Can, which obviously didn't give us the right balance – but individually Wijnaldum played a decent game, sharper and more active than against Milan. Don't judge him though until you see him in a more attacking position.

Like Klopp said, the biggest problem was the space between the lines (particularly midfield and defense) – the defenders dropped too deep and midfielders didn't have enough legs to cover the space. Worrying signs from Lovren – the way he got turned so easily by Dzeko for the chance from the right flank and also for the goal was reminiscent of his performances in the first season for LFC, when he allowed himself to be beaten in the way no top defender should.

I thought Milner had a very good half at LB – very involved in the attacking play and his right-footed cross was always a danger. He had a lot more touches of the ball than Clyne on the other side.

There is another pre-season game after Barca, against Klopp's former team FC Mainz.

We missed a player like Lucas at the first goal, a DM that protects the back four. Shit defensive job by Coutinho at their second. He didn't even try to block the cross.

Ojo will be a better player than Sterling.

What is it with you banging on the same drum in every single thread... :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Last edited:
Roma havent played a pre season game for 14 days while we played against Milan 48 hours ago. Add in some intensive training sessions and its quite clear why we were slow to react and gifted them to much space. They also played what will be their starting eleven.

Its all about fitness though so no point in overanalyzing this game. But a decent first half despite a lot of chances created against us.

But Milner looked good. Mane and Wijnaldum add another dimention to our play and will be great for us.
Sturridge was more involved and the goals will come.
Henderson continues to be good.
A CB pairing of Stewart and Wisdom was never going to be good, but that goal against was poor. Both from Wisdom and Ming. No communication at all.

All in all, we looked tired. But will be interesting to see how we line up and the performance against Barcelona.
That will tell us a bit more about how ready we are.

Being worried in pre season is a bit pointless. As is being overly confident after winning every game.
Doesnt mean much bar game fitness.

If we are not desperately trying to buy a left back it's plain dereliction of duty.

Louvren shite for first goal. Yes he improved last season, but we're still going to concede plenty this season I reckon. No proper DM and a defence still involving too much shite.

Why the fuck are both teams wearing their second kit?

Balotelli , pictured yesterday on a yacht, showing just how desperate he is to turn his career around:

36C5064500000578-3717944-image-m-52_1470046957697.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom