• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premier League Suspended Until April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't null and void the league , imagine the shit storm that would arise with clubs coming up and or going down , play will resume in April or May and euros will be binned off to compensate

It's the only way any major league can avoid serious legal action and or greater brand damage

Also lol at Karen Brady for championing the idea of null and voiding the season , would do wonders for relegation threatened West Ham

They can't null and void the league , imagine the shit storm that would arise with clubs coming up and or going down , play will resume in April or May and euros will be binned off to compensate

It's the only way any major league can avoid serious legal action and or greater brand damage

They will complete the season and it will all be down to money. Sky & BT have too much invested just to let them drop the rest of the season. As will all the league/club's sponsors and prize money attached to it.

If they cancel the rest of the season you'd see half the lower league clubs go to the wall. They need the crowds in to keep surviving.

I think the domestic cups should be scrapped for 2 or 3 seasons. With the World Cup taking place in November/December 2022 and this suspension the whole schedule is fucked up for years.

Finish this season in May & June. Start the 2020/21 season in September breaking in January and February for the Euros & AFCON. Play the rest of 2020/21 between March and July 2021.

Play the 2021/22 season between October 21 and June 22. The 2022/23 season starting September 2022 and break in November & December for the World Cup and kick back off in Jan 23 and finish it at the end of May.

The 2022/23 can then start again in August 2023. Back on track.

I think the domestic cups should be scrapped for 2 or 3 seasons. With the World Cup taking place in November/December 2022 and this suspension the whole schedule is fucked up for years.

Finish this season in May & June. Start the 2020/21 season in September breaking in January and February for the Euros & AFCON. Play the rest of 2020/21 between March and July 2021.

Play the 2021/22 season between October 21 and June 22. The 2022/23 season starting September 2022 and break in November & December for the World Cup and kick back off in Jan 23 and finish it at the end of May.

The 2022/23 can then start again in August 2023. Back on track.

Yeah I think the domestic cups being scrapped is crucial. If you did that for a couple of years that would probably compensate.

Yeah I think the domestic cups being scrapped is crucial. If you did that for a couple of years that would probably compensate.
Premier league would have to give the FA and the various sponsors some serious money for them to ditch the cups.

The lower league clubs would be the issue for me. The revenue they get from the fa & league Cup is significant for them.

If the PL agreed to a genuine trickle down of funds, at least whilst this goes on, that could work.

Would they? Nothing about the cups screams serious money to me. But, whatever, they should do it then. They've got enough ffs

The lower league clubs would be the issue for me. The revenue they get from the fa & league Cup is significant for them.

If the PL agreed to a genuine trickle down of funds, at least whilst this goes on, that could work.

It's reliant on the draw isn't it? Lower league clubs aren't reliant on the money because it only comes round once every 10 years or so.

They can’t budget for cup games because they may get a Gateshead or Oxford United away and lose in the first round. It’s a lottery that they’ll get far or a big club which should be invested in long term benefits like the stadium or training complex.

Karren Brady is pushing for the premier league to be Null and Void. Along with Daniel Levy.

If that happens, wow.. I think I'll officially be done with football.

She’s a fucking man headed cunt.

[article]
Karren Brady, the West Ham United vice-chair, has called for the English football season to be declared “null and void” in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, after the Premier League was suspended until 4 April at the earliest.

England’s top-flight clubs are due to hold an emergency meeting on Thursday to discuss potential next steps, but Brady has courted controversy by calling for the season to be scrapped in The Fucking Scum.

“There is no dodging the possibility that all levels in the EFL, as well as the Premier League, will have to be cancelled and this season declared null and void because if the players can’t play the games can’t go ahead,” Brady wrote.

“The Premier League hopes that an interlude of three weeks from now will enable it to restart but that may well be dreamland. Perhaps scrubbing Euro 2020 could provide more time to complete the season into the summer but that is also a giant ‘if’. What if the league cannot be finished?

“As games in both the Premier League and in the EFL are affected, the only fair and reasonable thing to do is declare the whole season null and void. Who knows who would have gone down or come up if the games have not actually been played in full?”

Brady conceded that any cancellation would be “a huge blow to Liverpool, who might be robbed of their first title in 30 years,” and that it would cause financial issues for many clubs, and the possibility of legal battles over relegation, promotion and European places.

“There are, of course, financial implications, wages and transfer debts must be paid and there is lost broadcast revenue, lost matchday income but this pales into insignificance as the health and wellbeing of everyone must come first,” Brady added.

“Further down the [football] pyramid, the greater the threat to future existence. But I suspect that by hook or by crook, most will survive.”

Brady’s comments have attracted criticism on social media, with BT Sport presenter Des Kelly labelling them “shameless”, although Piers Morgan tweeted his support for her stance, saying it was “the ONLY fair thing to do”.

West Ham are 16th in the suspended Premier League table with 27 points, and outside of the relegation zone on goal difference
[/article]

And that is why she wants the league to be declared void.

[article]“As games in both the Premier League and in the EFL are affected, the only fair and reasonable thing to do is declare the whole season null and void. Who knows who would have gone down or come up if the games have not actually been played in full?”
[/article]

Well given that the games can't be played in full I think the only fair and reasonable thing to do would be to sort the teams into five categories:

- Teams with > 60 points
- Teams with 51 - 60 points
- Teams with 41 - 50 points
- Teams with 31 - 40 points
- Teams with 0 - 30 points....

And then sort the teams alphabetically within each category.

Teams start the league in alphabetical order, after all. They can end it that way!

See it like this.

Euros goes ahead (money)

Qatar goes ahead (money)

There's a bit of season left. It can go after euros and then start new season in January. Finishes for world cup.

Next season starts after a break in eg April and they edge it forwards. Seems this is Europe fucked until June

See it like this.

Euros goes ahead (money)

Qatar goes ahead (money)

There's a bit of season left. It can go after euros and then start new season in January. Finishes for world cup.

Next season starts after a break in eg April and they edge it forwards. Seems this is Europe fucked until June
No way Euros goes ahead. Domestic season before International. CL/EL/Euros all UEFA. If it was FIFA world cup year, I would be a bit more sceptical.

One option is to restart the season in August but with everyone given 38/9 x their ending points, so you scale up the current league table for 38 remaining games rather than 9.

That would mean us starting with a 93 point lead.

Of course it'd still probably cost us a league title, but it's better than just voiding the season.

Euro 2020 & the Olympics have to be put back a year.

Re-start the league whenever it’s safe to and play it to a finish, then re-start next season as soon as possible after it - potentially scrapping the cup competitions - or certainly replays & two-legged rounds; and scrap friendly international weekends in order to catch up by the end of next season.

Euro 2020 & the Olympics have to be put back a year.

Re-start the league whenever it’s safe to and play it to a finish, then re-start next season as soon as possible after it - potentially scrapping the cup competitions - or certainly replays & two-legged rounds; and scrap friendly international weekends in order to catch up by the end of next season.

Common sense at last. Simply finish current competitions when able and reschedule future ones as necessary. We've all accepted delay anyway.

Also lol at Karen Brady for championing the idea of null and voiding the season , would do wonders for relegation threatened West Ham

Chris Sutton isn't taking that kind of cynicism lying down. He wants Celtic to made champions now, because they're 13 points ahead and the season can end here as a result. But he says LFC can't be made champions now because they're only 25 points ahead so the season should be declared null and void. That's top, top, fuckwittery, Chris!

He's become a great disappointment. As an occasional pundit he was top notch, I thought, but having taken the broadcasters' shilling he's become a shallow parody of his former self.

Chris Sutton isn't taking that kind of cynicism lying down. He wants Celtic to made champions now, because they're 13 points ahead and the season can end here as a result. But he says LFC can't be made champions now because they're only 25 points ahead so the season should be declared null and void. That's top, top, fuckwittery, Chris!

I fucking genuinely, no joking, utterly despise Chris Sutton.

As I said in an earlier discussion, he's the sort of Dad who starts a fight at a BBQ.

He's just clever enough to realise he isn't totally thick, but thinks that is enough to allow him to have an opinion, and makes him special.

Despite the fact that his captain at Blackburn was fucking Tim Sherwood, and Robbie Savage is a more famous and respected broadcaster; so his natural environs are rather skewed. He's not totally retarded as long as you consider the company he usually keeps.

If Chris Sutton wasn't good at football, he's the sort of cunt who was average at school, belligerent, didn't go to University or learn a trade, and then opened a DIY shop where he could put on a sort of uniform and sneer at people coming in to buy fuses, spanners and padlocks.

Cunt.

He really said that?

Surely not even Tim Sherwood would come out with this gibba nonsense.

I fucking genuinely, no joking, utterly despise Chris Sutton.

As I said in an earlier discussion, he's the sort of Dad who starts a fight at a BBQ.

He's just clever enough to realise he isn't totally thick, but thinks that is enough to allow him to have an opinion, and makes him special.

Despite the fact that his captain at Blackburn was fucking Tim Sherwood, and Robbie Savage is a more famous and respected broadcaster; so his natural environs are rather skewed. He's not totally retarded as long as you consider the company he usually keeps.

If Chris Sutton wasn't good at football, he's the sort of cunt who was average at school, belligerent, didn't go to University or learn a trade, and then opened a DIY shop where he could put on a sort of uniform and sneer at people coming in to buy fuses, spanners and padlocks.

Cunt.

Ha Ha !!!! - this is brilliant,

He really said that?

Surely not even Tim Sherwood would come out with this gibba nonsense.

I think because there is fuck all on in terms of football, these cunt pundits (esp. Sutton and Shearer) are coming out with all sorts of ideas to get a proper full on cunt reaction from LFC supporters. I think we just stay quiet, and everything falls into place nicely for us, and if it don't, then a collective don't give a shit about the PL from next season till the end of the world is in order.

You can update this now...

Suspension extended until April 30th

HOWEVER there is a desire to complete the season.

Last edited:

Dan Roan

@danroan

FA agree for football season to be “extended indefinitely” & will be further postponed until no earlier than 30 April.
Joint statement by football bodies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom