• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premier League : Week 8 (16th Oct - 18th Oct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartak pull 1 back. 3-4

5 mins + stoppage to go.

Rodgers bottle job written all over this.

Still can't quite fathom how Luuk de Jong is a Barca player....not only a Barca player, LEADING THE LINE IN A CL GAME.

I said 40/1 earlier. I forgot about it but got 20 quid on at 37/1 just before kick off. Seems unlikely now.

I'm with a shit bookie because I keep forgetting login details, but they haven't got 5-0 as an option

I'm watching this in a little bit of disbelief. WTF are they doing? The back four look they've just bosched the last of this years mushy harvest. Very funny to watch though.

Actually....It's horrible to watch.... The're going to sack Ole and that sucks. He's the gift that keeps on giving!

Yeah they're trying to tempt me with 93 quid now but I'm banking on the Atalanta coach parking the bus for the second half

Yeah they're trying to tempt me with 93 quid now but I'm banking on the Atalanta coach parking the bus for the second half

I’d give it until 55mins. Utd pen and Ronaldo to score it. 1-3 in the end though. Late Atalanta goal that will go to VAR and annoy the scummers when it’s proven a goal…

I wondered why Klopp took off our FBs at the weekend.

And having watched the Atletico game.. it's now pretty clear.

Atletico play a narrow 5 3 2 and crowded the centre of the park.

Their 3 midfielders picked up our 3 midfielders. And the 2 forwards picked up our 2 CBs. Their back 5 narrowed and picked up our front 3.

It's actually a very good tactic to stifle us and not many teams have the compactness and tactical discipline to carry it out. Nor do they have the quality on the counter to go 2 v 2 upfront against our 2. Nor do they have the technique in midfield to skip past our midfielders (as Lemar/Carrasco (from RWB) showed).

The spaces we had to play in were tight and often the spare men were our FBs, who then had to pick passes to a crowded central area (where we needed rotation/movement). Our FBs were also getting pressed by the CFs (Griezman/Felix) coming over.

Jurgen and the staff knew about Atletico's style before the Watford game and planned ahead. When we were goals up, they took off Trent/Robbo, knowing they were the important players for the Atletico game.

Klopp is playing chess not checkers.

Fcuk Ole. Hopefully he's knackered Ronaldo out and the rest of the team, having to go balls to wall against Lei and Atalanta already this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom