1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Quaresma on the cheap?

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by keniget, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

Dunno if this has been posted before, but...

Apparently the head honchos at Porto are facing corruption charges. If things worsen for them, perhaps it's worth keeping an eye on the situation - they have some decent players.

2. Ali

Ali Prodigious Member

I would fucking love quaresma in our shirt. Could play in the 'kuyt' position,

3. Squiggles

Squiggles Guest

'Kuyt position' *Sigh*

I reckon there would be a host of clubs in for Quaresma so i doubt there would be a cut-price, Kewell-like bargain to be had but we should of course be one of them.

Who else do they have?

4. cochyn

cochyn Very Active Member

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=22320.msg535296#msg535296 date=1207582943]

Who else do they have?
    [/quote]

you make them sound like a Chinese Restaurant that have stopped doing your favourite meal

5. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

I'm a big fan of Quaresma. He has moves Ronaldo can only dream of .... unfortunately just not enough of them and not frequently enough. But still a damn big YES.

6. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd take a punt but it'd have to be at a great price cause I've not been that impressed with him,but he clearly has some talent and potential.

7. krissr

krissr Active Member

His abiltiy is not in doubt, he just doesnt look interested at times

8. viingx

viingx Very Active Member

Something about not wanting to leave portugal could play a big factor.

9. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Honorary Member

[quote author=keniget link=topic=22320.msg535290#msg535290 date=1207582313]
    Dunno if this has been posted before, but...

Apparently the head honchos at Porto are facing corruption charges. If things worsen for them, perhaps it's worth keeping an eye on the situation - they have some decent players.
    [/quote]

The interesting part of the corruption charges is they are match fixing ones. And guess which manager was in charge at the time ?

10. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

Captain Black?!

11. Sunny

Sunny Guest

I don't see the big fascination with Quaresma. Every time I've seen him I've been distinctly underwhelmed.

12. Fallon

Fallon Very Active Member

Kicking around on a piece of ground in my hometown
    He gets homesick, he wastes opportunties to go forward and stick a cross in because he would rather go down than beat his man and stick a cross in, he can go completely missing in games, he would cost the better part of £20M and there are better (IMO) than him out there.

13. redfromlondon

redfromlondon Active Member

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=22320.msg535473#msg535473 date=1207589527]
    He gets homesick, he wastes opportunties to go forward and stick a cross in because he would rather go down than beat his man and stick a cross in, he can go completely missing in games, he would cost the better part of £20M and there are better (IMO) than him out there.
    [/quote]

Like who?

The only two wingers better than him IMO are Ronaldo and Ribery, the rest are either too young or awful in one way or another.

Quaresma is immensly skillfull, very quick, has a good (not brilliant but good) eye for goal and his crossing is second to none, noone in the world gets the ball in from the angles he does, he is cocky, he is moody and yes he disapears sometimes but alot of players do and I reckon EVRY SINGLE LFC fan will be creaming their pants if we sign him.

20 mil is a tiny bit steep but didn't united pay 18 mil for Carrick? - hardly the most exciting player in the world.

14. Fallon

Fallon Very Active Member

Kicking around on a piece of ground in my hometown
    IMO Silva, he has a better all round game, is faster and scores goals himself.

15. redfromlondon

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=22320.msg535512#msg535512 date=1207591970]
    IMO Silva, he has a better all round game, is faster and scores goals himself.
    [/quote]

I'd definately say he is close up there but for me, for pure joy and excitement Quaresma wins that.

I would hate to be Rafa, trying to find a bloody good RW as there are so few of them around.

16. Sunny

Sunny Guest

[quote author=redfromlondon link=topic=22320.msg535493#msg535493 date=1207590580]
    [/quote]

Like who?

The only two wingers better than him IMO are Ronaldo and Ribery, the rest are either too young or awful in one way or another.

Quaresma is immensly skillfull, very quick, has a good (not brilliant but good) eye for goal and his crossing is second to none, noone in the world gets the ball in from the angles he does, he is cocky, he is moody and yes he disapears sometimes but alot of players do and I reckon EVRY SINGLE LFC fan will be creaming their pants if we sign him.
    20 mil is a tiny bit steep but didn't united pay 18 mil for Carrick? - hardly the most exciting player in the world.
    [/quote]

Well, according to this thread I reckon you're probably wrong - as I count at least two who won't be

17. Peatcheo

Peatcheo Well-Known Member

He is a bit of a headcase but on his raw talent alone you'd have to say yes, just hope Rafa could mould him into someone as consistant as Ronaldo.

18. redfromlondon

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=22320.msg535515#msg535515 date=1207592078]
    [quote author=redfromlondon link=topic=22320.msg535493#msg535493 date=1207590580]
    [/quote]

Like who?

[/quote]

Well, according to this thread I reckon you're probably wrong - as I count at least two who won't be
    [/quote]

I said, if you read it correctly, that IF WE SIGN HIM. That means when the deals done, he is wearing the red shirt, every fan will be excited, I couldn't care what half of the people on here say when we haven't even got a bid in for him yet.

Besides, I'm sick of hearing this shite, you obviously dont watch much european footie or else you would clearly know he is an immense talent. His assists are simply staggering.

And as for he goes missing, judging on what exactly? against Arse last season him and Gonzalez took them apart, against the scum@the bridge he scored and created a handful of chances, against us @ Porto he was decent but like most world class players that come up against Rafas defence, they always look average - Messi, Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Ronaldo (to an extent) Ibrahimovic.

19. Vlads Quiff

Vlads Quiff Well-Known Member

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=22320.msg535515#msg535515 date=1207592078]
    [/quote]

Like who?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not convinced about him myself, I don't think he showed up at the races against us did he? Does that mean he is not a big game player. It's all very well being a trick pony against inferior opposition.
    He is also a diving little twat from what I remember, have I got the right player?

regards

20. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

He scored a cracker against us VQ ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.