• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
Mignolet - 7. Did everything that was asked of him.

Moreno - 3. Sometimes he looks like a player when he's on the ball. But he's braindead and a complete liability at the back.

Matip - 7. Solid, and good with the ball too.

Lovren - 5. Very shaky, we're lucky he didn't cost us.

TAA - 7.5 - loses a point for the goal we conceded. Did a hell of a lot right though.

Henderson - 6. Just alright.

Wijnaldum - 5. Deserves credit for the second goal, but lacklustre overall.

Can - 6. Had a busy game, but just wasn't effective enough.

Salah - 6. Always running, always available for a pass. But he didn't make the most of the chances that fell his way.

Firmino - 6 - lovely pass for the second goal, but only had fleeting moments in the game and really should have scored early in the second half.

Mane - 7.5 Played as though he was offended its Coutinho that Barca are chasing. A constant threat.

Subs: Milner - 7. Gets a little bump for the goal but i liked how he looked in the middle tonight.

Solanke & Grujic - not on long enough to rate. But i fuckin loved Grujic's challenge on the no.10. Thundering

Mignolet - 7
Moreno - 3
Matip - 7
Lovren - 4
TAA - 8
Henderson - 5
Wijnaldum - 5
Can - 5
Salah - 6.5
Firmino - 6
Mane - 7

Subs: Milner - 7

OMG. I'm almost on the same page as Rosco, that'll be a first.

I'd give Can an extra point for taking that yellow when Moreno wouldn't commit to a tackle.

Ming 7

TAA 7.5
Lovren 4
Matip 6
Moreno 4

Hendo 5
Can 6
Gini 5

Salah 6
Firmino 6.5
Mane 8

Ming 8

TAA 8
Lovren 6
Matip 6
Moreno 3 - the guy is an idiot, and even Heather Mills isn't as one-footed as he is.

Hendo 6
Can 6
Gini 6

Salah 6 - frustrating, and surprising that he couldn't escape the defender when he was off into the box. I don't think there's much point in him being on the right if he can't shoot with his right foot.
Firmino 5 - another player who looks shattered almost before the season's started. Has he got some scandal about to break? He's playing like he has.
Mane 6 - He's a strange one, he doesn't seem to back himself to really use his pace. Even his great run past several players had a look of 'what the hell am I doing' about it. Probably our most dangerous player but I wish he'd make the most of his strengths.

I'm really bewildered by those players. We should have lost tonight, and we looked so NERVY in the first half. I've seen too many pre-seasons to take them that seriously, but there was no sign of the implosion in character there's been in the Watford game and this. Something is really up. Maybe in part it's the chaos that Coutinho has caused but there are some really brain-addled players in that team.

Mign - 8 - some excellent saves -> nothing could be done on goal.

TAA - 7.5 - besides turning off in the last second, it was a really great performance. That run where he got fouled/dove at the edge of the box was what I loved best. Confidence, speed, power and desire.

Matip - 7- calm presence but he needs a powerful, loud, consistent partner it seems.

Lovren - 6.5 - peno was a bad call imo but overall he was ok. I think he's more consistent when he has a LB not named moreno on his side.

Moreno - 5 - some really great clearances but he's so utterly stupid sometimes it's unreal.

Henderson - 7 - some good runs, some good passes and far less tentative than he was against Watford.

Can - 6 - great effort, but little else today.

Gini - 4 - invisible most of the game. I'd have rather put Firmino into the middle and played Solanke up front.

Salah - 6 - seems a bit heavy - but his pace and constant presence in the box will see him score 15-20 goals this season.

Firmino - 6 - also seemed a bit heavy. Some really nice moves started with him but he seems tired.

Mane - 7.5 - best attacking outlet. Just odd how he doesn't seem to trust himself at times.

subs:

Milner - 6 - solid appearance.

Solanke/Grujic - n/a - both will contribute this year. talented kids.

Grujic is already threatening to take over from Lucas as our reliable contributor of clumsy tackles just when we need to avoid giving away free kicks in dangerous areas. He's already been publicly admonished by Klopp and that was in pre-season. He looks a tantalisingly promising player but blimey he's raw and his discipline has got to improve at a dramatic pace if he's not going to be liability when he comes on.

Guys can we have a thread just for games video highlights. Have not seen any do far and just do not wanna go through every page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom