• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Real Madrid A (CL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisson

Trent
Philips
Kabak
Robbo

Fabs
Thiago
Wijnaldum

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Personally I'd like to see Jota start but, like I mentioned elsewhere I have a feeling that Klopp is picking Firmino.

Normally a fit and in form Firmino would be a great option for an away game in Madrid, but he isn't fit and he isn't in form.

Fucking hell will you ever learn.

Sorry lads a loss is coming, a shame I was confident too
Not my fault nobody bothered to create a thread on the biggest game of the season 2 days out.
Blame Brizzle.
I’m not confident at all.

Alisson

Trent
Philips
Kabak
Robbo

Fabs
Thiago
Wijnaldum

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Personally I'd like to see Jota start but, like I mentioned elsewhere I have a feeling that Klopp is picking Firmino.

Normally a fit and in form Firmino would be a great option for an away game in Madrid, but he isn't fit and he isn't in form.

Fitness? Form? Holy fuck talk about getting ahead of yourself. How about you start off by just praying he is still alive tomorrow, and then if your prayers are answered we can take it from there.

One of the best nights of my life.
Yep. Loved that game. Actually loved every game from Leverkusen to Milan in the final.
Being underdogs during the entire competition, pundits, experts and other fans counting us out.
I'll never forget the 2004-05 season, probably the highlight of my time supporting Liverpool as an adult.
Winning the league was obviously amazing, but the whole covid situation took some of the shine from it. That high from 2005 is unmatched so far.

He's gonna have Benzema in his back pocket tomorrow.
b08ef9b285fb2dc5934bc13d444903e5.jpg

Yep. Loved that game. Actually loved every game from Leverkusen to Milan in the final.
Being underdogs during the entire competition, pundits, experts and other fans counting us out.
I'll never forget the 2004-05 season, probably the highlight of my time supporting Liverpool as an adult.
Winning the league was obviously amazing, but the whole covid situation took some of the shine from it. That high from 2005 is unmatched so far.

and WHAT A PASS by Le Tallent ... ;-)

Back on topic ... Madrid's squad for tomorrow confirmed:

170087902_10157840199142826_7453766513574864316_n.jpg

I haven't seen much of Madrid this year. In the La Liga highlights I've seen Benzema, Ascensio and Vini Jnr look their biggest threats, but the defending was appalling so difficult to judge how threatening they are in the highest level. Phillips is perfectly equipped to counter all of Benzema's threats, in terms of his build-up play and his aerial prowess.

For me in the CL this year the away teams have a huge advantage, and you just have to make it count. Pick a brave side, go out to score goals, and rack up the scoreline in the first leg.

----------------Alisson-----------------------
Trent------Phillips----Kabak------Robertson---
--------------Thiago----Fabinho--------------------
----Salah---------Firmino-----------Mane--------
----------------------Jota--------------------------------

I am sure Klopp is going there with three midfielders. if required he might go for 4-2-3-1 in the end or rather 4-2-4 but I doubt he will start with all four - Salah, Firmino, Mane and Jota together.

Remember Capello saying that Garcia would never hit a ball like that again in his life. And of course he did.

Well... I’ll be fucked if I’m getting up at 5am to watch tomorrow’s shit-show thanks to Dreamdestroyer.

Those games against Juve and Chelsea in the CL was the definition of Rafa-ball for me, along with the Barca games two years later.

Teams weren't allowed to play, and they had no solution.

The 2009 team was an absolute monster too. It didn’t get the trophies it deserved.

For me Jota has to start, he's in form and we need form in this huge game. Klopp did make a comment about Jota & Bobby looking great together too, can't tell if that was a double bluff about starting all 4 or not!

---------------Ali-------------------
Trent---Nat---Kabak---Robbo
------------Fabinho---------------
--------Thiago----Gini-----------
--Salah-----Bobby------Jota---

Benching Mane is a risk, but maybe it would be the kick he needs. Mane against tired legs could be fun too - double reward. Keeping Jota on the bench would show that Klopp is scared of Sadio and that is a dangerous place to be.

The back 5 picks itself. Wijnaldum will come in for Milner. I’m struggling to disagree with Brizzle’s team.

Bobby has been out injured for a little while and played 90 mins on Saturday. If anything it might be him that starts on the bench.
Gini in for Milner will happen yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom