• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Record breakers - Burnley post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter tripe. We can argue about how much of an effect the VVD absence is having, but we are defending ok considering. The rest of the team is disfunctional, regardless of Thiago, Shaq, Ox etc being tried. We create next to nothing, we're flat and predictable.

Is this what happened when Dortmund went tits up? The high intensity play took it's toll and his side got found out?

Utter tripe. We can argue about how much of an effect the VVD absence is having, but we are defending ok considering. The rest of the team is disfunctional, regardless of Thiago, Shaq, Ox etc being tried. We create next to nothing, we're flat and predictable.

Is this what happened when Dortmund went tits up? The high intensity play took it's toll and his side got found out?

Probably.

Jota was the only option we bothered our arse to bring in, and we sacrificed him for zero reason

Yup, lots of players believed the hype around them the way he bigged them up in the press. And basically no real plan B. Ever. That‘s the part I hoped he learned to improve.

Injuries and being found out. It's quite similar to our predicament actually.

Yup, lots of players believed the hype around them the way he bigged them up in the press. And basically no real plan B. Ever. That‘s the part I hoped he learned to improve.

I wonder if he'll have enough time, or $$$s available, to rebuild this team ... because if we don't finish 4th, we're fucked.

I'm not sure I can take any more bad news this week.

First Trump surrenders, then Frogfish survives, and now we lose to Burnley

I wonder if he'll have enough time, or $$$s available, to rebuild this team ... because if we don't finish 4th, we're fucked.

Yeah, CL is just insanely important at this stage.
Worst thing is we dont look like we can score a goal either. The players look lost, no confidence and just hit a floated cross to do something.
4 games without a goal. Insane really.

It's surely time to try something new..new formation, some academy players, who knows. If we lose against spurs the title is probably out of reach, all within one month

Matip didn't break.
Our targets for this season are now; win the champions League and ensure a top 4 finish in case we don't win CL. To this end, Matip should not play league games now. If we have Matip and Jota available for Leipzig, we should prevail. Then we gotta pray that Van Dijk is fit for the quarters (1st week April). If so, we might still end up winning the big one. Fuck, I hate grasping at these straws but fuck it, we gotta keep some hope alive don't we?

Probably.

Jota was the only option we bothered our arse to bring in, and we sacrificed him for zero reason

This is absolutely disgusting. There was absolutely no need to send anyone but the U15s to that game. That has fucked our season more than VVD being out.

Our crossing reminds me of the quote, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. It's become a little predictable especially when we try it against teams that can defend crosses well and our lack of variation is what's hampering us which is strange considering the last few seasons we scored all types of goals but now we're persisting with get it wide and cross as if that's the only solution.

And I don't get it - goalie holds mane, no penalty. player creates goal for man city from offisdes position, goal! And today, Barnes stood on a diving keeper after missing his shot, penalty ... but this is not a penalty:

140805660_1278148712559128_4218362585170727911_n.jpg

Trent - every time he sees that a keeper is very quick to anticipate crosses and very good at catching them, he keeps crossing.

Salah - every time he gets the ball on the right, checks inside and hits it with his left and it gets blocked, he keeps doing it.

Robbo - every time he sees one of his low crosses hit a mass of defenders, he keeps doing it.

They're all stuck mentally in stupidville.

As for Thiago, nice as he is to watch, and no doubt they'll do another little video of all his touches, in a real game he's hardly ever playing an incisive attacking pass. The stats always look good but he needs to make a real difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom