• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Record breakers - Burnley post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I always think about us. We are the PL equivalent of that clever twat in school who has a load of mates that back him up . He's a bit of a cunt but he's there for his mates if they need him. When deserted though and has no back and shit gets real - Lilly livered whopping tart. Fucking zero balls.

If I'm going with the school analogy what I would like in the squad is a proper grunty cunt. A snarler. Someone who crunches into things but is smart enough to get away with it (see Ramos) How about one of those massive whopping cunts that hide behind the big boys but are the first to pin the victim down while some else smashes the shite of them. So basically what I'm say is we need a couple of cunts in the team to shake tings up. Robbo does a fucking sterling job so gets a pass. More like him please.

P.s Forgive the violent pipe dream but I'm missing my Gibson ES-335. Headstock snapped last night just as we lost. Fucking cunt of a night. I'm off for an elderflower cordial. Fucking bollocks!

Diego Costa on a free then.

We're an ace counter attacking side and do well against the teams that come at us. Yesterday Burnley defending brilliantly for the most part and their keeper is great. As has been said, the lack of fans puts even less pressure on these sides to step up so they play their well drilled anti football with zero stress, and while our more creative players are out of form and knackered it's working. What it isn't is the end of the world. We've had a few shit draws and two defeats all season, with an injury list the size of Jupiter. We're more likely to score against more ambitious teams so I wouldn't worry about this next set of fixtures as much as the last few.

Still think he should have started Minamino over Origi though.

Our counterattacks have not been that good for a while. We get into fairly high percentage situations every once in a while that would have almost always at least resulted in a decent chance in the past, and they get fucked up due to poor decision making.

Shaq is a more experienced player and a better set piece taker. Also Trent was having a mare.

Trent has about 3 times more appearances for the club than Shaq and he was made captain in the CL a few weeks back. Hes our regular set piece taker. Trent has been off form for a while, but its not like Shaqiri is red hot. You're making something out of nothing here.

We don't have the players, or the ability to play against the low block. We are trying the same thing over and over against expecting a different result - madness.

We did last season. So we haven't been 'found out'. We're just playing really badly and missing some key players.

We've been found out. When teams are stretched and open we are unplayable and unbeatable. We have proven that our players and our style can't deal with a team sitting back and saying "come on then, if you think you're hard enough". Game after game of barely throwing a punch.

Firmino is excellent at making space and playing a role that helps others score more - when the game is open and stretched. Salah & Mane work best when running with the ball or running into space.

We don't have the players, or the ability to play against the low block. We are trying the same thing over and over against expecting a different result - madness.
Except we faced that last year and over and over again found a way. We haven’t been found out just lack the hunger that is so often the case for champions in their defence.

Trent has about 3 times more appearances for the club than Shaq and he was made captain in the CL a few weeks back. Hes our regular set piece taker. Trent has been off form for a while, but its not like Shaqiri is red hot. You're making something out of nothing here.
So? Shaq is still a better set piece taker and he's also won a whole lot more and again more experienced. If you're comparing careers Trent ain't got shit on Shaq...yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom