• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rhian Brewster to Swansea on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
I guess a loan move was always the best option for his development. Tammy Abraham's Championship stints with Bristol City and Aston Villa certainly helped.

[article]Steve Cooper's previous relationship with Rhian Brewster as England Under-17 head coach has made Swansea City favourites to sign the talented forward on loan, according to the Telegraph.

Swansea are among a host of Premier League and Championship club interested in taking the 19-year-old in January after his temporary exit was given the green light by Jurgen Klopp earlier this month.

Bristol Live understands that Bristol City have also contacted Liverpool over Brewster's availability as they look to sign two forwards in January and maintain positive dialogue with the Premier League leaders despite the botched loan of Ryan Kent two years ago.

Winger Kent was sent back to Anfield after failing to fulfil a quota of games during the 2017/18 campaign as Robin, with City also having to pay a £300,000 "fine", but CEO Mark Ashton insisted to Bristol Live that has had no bearing on any future negotiations between the two clubs.

Goal reported last week that Klopp's preference is for Brewster to move to a Championship club as, despite interest from Newcastle and Crystal Palace in the top flight, he is more likely to earn first-team minutes as opposed to being an impact player.

Like Eddie Nketiah's situation at Leeds, Klopp and the recruitment team at Melwood feel it will be pointless for the teenager to earn 10-15 cameos in Premier League games, something he can equally achieve at Liverpool.

Therefore Cooper's understanding of Brewster's game and how best to deploy him, having worked extensively with him during his time as U17 coach, stands the south Wales side in good stead with the Telegraph also listing Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston and Huddersfield as known suitors.

When asked by Wales Online earlier this month about the potential of signing Brewster, Cooper said: I know him really well. He’s a good lad and a good player. I follow a lot of players’ careers that I’ve worked with, both at club and international level, and he's one that's had a bit of bad luck with injuries, but it’s good to see him back and fit.

"I definitely like him as a player and a person and I wish him well whatever happens, like I do with all of the boys I've worked with."

Bristol City have a number of attacking targets they are exploring in the January window with Connor Wickham of Crystal Palace and Nketiah still top of their list, should the latter be recalled from his loan at Leeds by Arsenal.

Somewhat ironically, Brewster is seen by Leeds as a back-up loan if they lose Nketiah with the 20-year-old yet to start a Championship fixture and making his 13th substitute appearance of the season during the 3-3 draw with Cardiff, playing for just 13 minutes.[/article]

He should go anywhere as long as he gets game time. He looks nowhere near ready for the first team unlike the other (3) youngsters mentioned by klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom