• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup 2019

Kolbe's try at the end was lovely , he slowed up in light of the three players closing him down. Goose step , acceleration, side step inside Farrell and it's good night

Saffers show the value of excellent set piece and keeping England on the back foot. Sinkler going off seems to have been crucial, but England froze all over the park. They made so many errors whilst SA were virtually flawless.

I don't like rugby or anything, but fuck England ha!

If only they lost the cricket world cup final, too.

Thankfully the football team are still shite.

Lovely to think of a load of Tory toffs crying into their pints this morning. All the self-righteous patriots will crawl back under their rocks and we'll be spared all the media coverage and fawning. Phew!

Looks like FFF didn't miss anything in the second half.
I didn't! Watching Luke do Muay Thai (got shouted at for calling it Tae Kwon Do, like I know the fucking difference) was much more satisfying. I'm gonna have trouble disciplining this child in a year or two, he can do some proper damage with his kicks, knees & elbows!

Saffers show the value of excellent set piece and keeping England on the back foot. Sinkler going off seems to have been crucial, but England froze all over the park. They made so many errors whilst SA were virtually flawless.

I heard Eddie Jones before the game say they had done virtually no physical work in the run up to the game, just some walkthroughs.
I know Gatland famously fucked up the NZ Lions tour by doing the opposite before the first game, but doing nothing seems equally as risky.

It's hard to know whether that's the reason England's passing was so inaccurate and panicky, but they were poor from the off and it cost them. To give a lead to a team that plays like SA is suicide. There was that one phase of play around the 30 minute mark where England threatened the SA line, where had they scored the game might have been different. But they didn't thanks to a mix of great goal line defence and cynical fouls.

I don't recall a single England back making even a half break. And like Ireland they seem to have forgotten the value of getting the scrum half out of the way and doing some quick pick and go moves from the ruck, getting the defensive line moving backward and sucking in the defence. Every team seems to think they can straight up physically dominate and don't need to be clever about things , which is fine if you can dominate.

Nobody expected to see the Boks playing most of the rugby but they did, and made a lot of breaks off turnovers in the second half in particular.

To go from dominating the All Blacks to being beaten by 20 by anyone is a huge change in fortune.

Great all round performance from South Africa especially the forwards but the midfield, too.

England was pinned back and failed to vary its play. Easy to say this now, but Slade is a better centre than Farrell while Ford is a better first five-eighths. But English rugby is in a good place. There are many good players coming through as well as this squad.

I didn't! Watching Luke do Muay Thai (got shouted at for calling it Tae Kwon Do, like I know the fucking difference) was much more satisfying. I'm gonna have trouble disciplining this child in a year or two, he can do some proper damage with his kicks, knees & elbows!

One of pretty much defensive while the other is alway amount attack

And like Ireland they seem to have forgotten the value of getting the scrum half out of the way and doing some quick pick and go moves from the ruck, getting the defensive line moving backward and sucking in the defence.
I know very little about rugby, but surely that's one of the basics? If the other team has a bigger/stronger scrum than yours then you get the ball out of it ASAP so you can take it away while their scrum are still lying on the ground??

Ths Saffers' scrum is taller, but the England scrum is heavier and should have been able to deal with them. Even the loss of Sinckler in the second minute shouldn't have made that much of a difference as Cole, who came on for him, is actually the stronger scrummager of the two - Sinckler's main selling points are his mobility and warrior outlook. South Africa turned up whereas England didn't. It really is as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom