• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rumour mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Fergie refuses to pay the £16M Villa want and the January spend has convinced Young of the seriousness of our intent.

Let's face it, who wouldn't wanna play with Suarez? Young also know the lads from the England set up so his integration will be seamless.

I really don't want Barton, I understand the poster before saying adding young and Barton will beef up the squad and then a marquee player or two will sign for the first team but there are definitely better players who are not animals who would come in for the same kinda price as Barton.
I would be 'ok' with young cos he is a decent player and I don't believe he would be our most prominent signing in the summer but still a player who can improve and benefit the team at times.
Barton is a nutter and I don't want him in the team cos of that

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=44988.msg1341095#msg1341095 date=1306878720]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44988.msg1341094#msg1341094 date=1306878644]
What concerns me about Young is that, whilst I admit I've not paid much attention to Villa, I've never noticed him do anything.
[/quote]

My mate from uni is a Villa season ticket holder and he says Young flatters to deceive.
[/quote]

Out of interest , any idea who he'd be more upset at to lose , Young or Downing ?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44988.msg1341101#msg1341101 date=1306880082]
Carroll and barton could be a recipe for disaster!
[/quote]

and goals

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44988.msg1341101#msg1341101 date=1306880082]
Carroll and barton could be a recipe for disaster!
[/quote]

Hardman Street will be paved with gold after 1 season...

Carroll is still a potential type signing. We need pure class to push on. No more Joey bartons, Ashley youngs, Robbie keanes or young French wingers that begin with m. Several marquee signings and the club will recoup in shirt sales and CL qualification! Please!

[quote author=keniget link=topic=44988.msg1340619#msg1340619 date=1306829645]
Have people been crying doom and gloom or have people just argued against buying average players?

I think people are are getting the two mixed up.

I remember the summer we bought Pennant it was only really myself and Ryan that were quite vocal about what a shit summer we'd had. Everyone else was incredibly busy trying their best to write really well thought through and reasoned posts outlining why there is room to be optimistic whilst decrying the naysayers as doom mongerers.

It's the same thing again. I don't think anyone is calling NESV shit or being unnecessarily negative. There is just a debate about particular players and the scenarios of signing a combination of them. If you're not interested in that, why not close the forum until the end of the transfer window so we can all only talk about signings once they're holding a Liverpool scarve above their head at Anfield - ya'know in true Liverpool Way style.

I also take particular issue with certain posters who rarely post and dip in only to say "just wait until the it's all confirmed before commenting". If everyone did that, there would be no debate, no lurking and nothing for you guys to dip into at all.
[/quote]

All dat.

Here's a couple of other favourites of mine that get churned out regularly at this time of year too:

- "Well, I'm going to wait and see how he performs in a Liverpool jersey until I judge him properly."
Naive, amateur wank. Why do you fucking need to see Jermaine Pennant in our shit to be able to satisfactorily judge him as a plodding usless cunt? Similaaly that cunt Barton. He's not good enough to displace Kevin Nolan from Newcastle's centre midfield, but you want us to sign him? What's the fucking point, we've had close to 10 years of this cunt in the Premier League now to know he's not good enough.

And this peach...
- "Well, so long as we sign Benzema and Aguero, then I'm happy with a summer of Benzema, Aguero, Barton, Dann, Enrique etc etc etc... I can live with the last three if we get the first two."
I'm sorry, WHAT? So, you'll excuse the fucking bullshit waste of money signings that we'll sell at a loss in 12 months time, because we got two decent players and that somehow compensates for the shit? I'll tell you what constitutes a "good summer" - and it's NOT buying Christain Poulsen, Paul Knonchesky, Brad Jones, and a bunch of other hapless deadwood shit.
You don't see Ferguson going 'well, I've got Modric and Nasri, so I've got room for a few useless jokers to pad out the squad with' do you?

Since this thread is all over the place, and is pretty much a forum in itself, we're locking it. Too many topics worthy of discussion are being lost amongst everything else. If you've got a rumour about a player, start a thread about that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom