• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack race – first casualty

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit strange. Watford are doing OK and where they can expect to be. At least they should have kept him for the next eight games which includes: us, Everton, Arsenal, Leicester, City, Chelsea & United !

Doing well enough. Have to give time to get the feel of the Prem, the job in hand. What did they expect ater half a dozen games...top 8. It's about survival and they are well clear of the bottom 3. Norwich, Burnley and Watford..my 3 picks to go down..

From Wiki. Not sure as a coach or manager I would want the owner there
[article]
Watford F.C. Edit
In June 2012, he and his father acquired Watford Football Club from previous owner Laurence Bassini.[11] Pozzo became the sole owner in 2014.[12]

Pozzo is often found at Watford's training grounds and has been known to monitor all players through GPS devices that track the players' performance data while in training.[6] He is known to have minimal contact with players and addresses them as little as once per year, yet observes his teams locally on a weekly basis.[1]

All major decisions regarding the trading of players are made between Gino Pozzo, Scott Duxbury (chief executive of Watford Football Club), and Filippo Giraldi (technical director of WFC). They have been known to acquire many players from South America, citing lower wage costs however still being highly skilled athletes.[1][8]

Watford was promoted from the Football League Championship to the Premier League on 25 April 2015.[10] Since 2015, Watford Football Club's annual revenues have increased by more than £100m.[8]
[/article]

Ranieri has been officially confirmed by Watford, his first game will be against us.

It's not even worth learning the names of any of these foreign coaches. They last about five minutes. Never heard of them before and then they are gone...

Any one reckon Rogers will get the boot this season if they don't make top 6 and fail to win any silverware?

Any one reckon Rogers will get the boot this season if they don't make top 6 and fail to win any silverware?
He could easily get the boot well before May. Ranieri was sacked after winning the Prem.

Last edited:
Neither do I. I don't think they will make top 6 but they'll finish top half IMO, plus they're a well-run club overall, not given to kneejerk decisions.

Fair point :D but I remember something Wes Morgan said just after they won the title, about how when Ranieri arrived the squad, who obv.knew about his Tinkerman rep, begged him not to change the winning formula they felt they had going there. He went along with them on it and the rest is history, but the following season he reverted to type and started fiddling around with formations, lineups, tactics etc, and results were suffering. My bet is there was a fair bit of discontent both in the boardroom and in the dressing-room and that there was more going on under the radar in the whole situation than the rest of us realised.

Last edited:
He always peters out, but he usually starts with a win. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly concerned.

He always peters out, but he usually starts with a win. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly concerned.
jU_1576425609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom