• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack race – first casualty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible from Spurs, they should be investing in Nuno and questioning the star players. I think the opportunity to take a step forward was by selling Kane this summer and starting the rebuild, his value is going to start falling off a cliff with his form since the summer's shenanigans.

Surprised he flopped so badly.

Player power or just up to it without a Portuguese back bone?

He didn't. He's been in charge for 10 games and won half of them. That's better than Pochettino did in his first 10 games. His sacking is an absolute joke.
Ya but the squad haven’t bought into his ideas at all or at least not his seniors players.
Just surprising, I expected him to flourish.

He was the wrong man for the job, and probably why he was their 7th choice or something.
They fucked up so bad, or Levy fucked up insanely bad.
Feel for Nuno. Seems like a great person and obviously a good manager but just didnt fit this time.

Getting Conte will see them get some good results and they should be up there for 4th next season. After that he'll fall out with Levy and leave so they will be looking for a new manager in 18-24 months time anyway.

Couldn't have sat well with Kane that he wasn't scoring. He's a dead man walking even if Spurs were to grind 1-0 wins and Kane doesn't score.

They could see results have been getting worse by the week and had the fear United would sack Ole and remove a top end manager as an option. So they pulled the trigger early on Conte.

Hopefully Conte will struggle without the massive budget he demands.

[article]
Antonio Conte is set to be appointed Tottenham coach after being close to taking the Manchester United job. Here’s how Fabio Paratici managed to reunite with the former Inter and Juventus coach.

Conte and Paratici worked together at Juventus from 2011 until 2014, winning three Serie A titles and one Italian Super Cup.

Conte, who resigned as Inter coach in the summer, was supposed to take a sabbatical but agreed to take over in North London after negotiating with Manchester United.

The 52-year-old was in talks with the Red Devils at the end of October, but the Red Devils decided against sacking their coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer giving him time until the November break.

The former striker is backed by Sir Alex Ferguson, who pushed for his stay at Old Trafford.

The Red Devils would be forced to pay a full year’s salary as a severance package in case of sacking.

Oddly, United’s 3-0 win over Tottenham convinced Tottenham to part ways with Nuno Espirito Santo, paving the way for an agreement with Conte.

According to Sky Sport Italia and Sportitalia, Conte will fly to London in the coming hours to sign a one year and a half deal with Spurs.

Tottenham sit 8th in the Serie A table, with 15 points in ten games.

Conte left Inter in the summer after winning the Serie A title with the Nerazzurri. The first one in 11 years for the Serie A giants.

Tottenham opened talks with the coach only a few weeks later, but the former midfielder snubbed a move to North London.

Back in June, he explained what he expected from a new job.

“Generally, I like the challenges and I’ve accepted many of them during my career,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Even the top clubs I coached were never the favourites when I arrived. However, if there’s something that doesn’t convince me I prefer not to accept regardless of the money.”

According to Sky Sport Italia, one of the reasons why he changed his mind over the Tottenham job is the club’s decision to invest in new signings in January.

Conte is a very demanding coach in terms of transfers and left Juventus and Inter over disagreements with the clubs about their transfer strategies.

Conte’s first game in charge of his new team should be on Thursday when Tottenham host Vitesse in the Conference League.
[/article]

Pretty odd that Conte would reject them in the summer, only to take the job a few months later.

Aside from Klopp and Pep, Conte is probably the most highly regarded manager around at the moment. Why would he go to Spurs? Just wait a month or two and take the United job.

Ha Ole was rumoured to be getting the boot if he lost to Nuno with Conte a prime target to replace him.
Instead he beats Nuno who then gets sacked and Spurs take Utd’s primary target should Utd actually sack Ole.

Ole masterclass :D

This is on the players. It has to be. Nuno was fine at Wolves when he didn't have a squad full of overpaid wasters led by a talisman with his nose out of joint.

Or on Levy, who keeps fucking up.

Should have kept Poch, also not fucked about with Kane but sold him and reinvested.

I'd be happy with Rodgers at Man U, he will have trouble containing all that ego. With in 2 seasons, the players will start disrespecting him

I'd be happy with Rodgers at Man U, he will have trouble containing all that ego. With in 2 seasons, the players will start disrespecting him

Is there anyone this unruly mob hasn't disrespected within 2 seasons?
They need to be put in their place.

In fact, we already know three of them are going to let Rodgers down, and their names are in an envelope.

Is there anyone this unruly mob hasn't disrespected within 2 seasons?
They need to be put in their place.

In fact, we already know three of them are going to let Rodgers down, and their names are in an envelope.
Yep the names are easy in terms of who’s going to let him down should he go there.
The Players
The Staff
The Fans

I hadn't realised Nuno was manager of the month in August, only took two months to go from there to sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom