• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t know who is buying him for the money we’d want.

Real? They’ve just spent 150M on Hazard.

PSG perhaps if one of Neymar or Mbappe go... but would Salah wanna go there?

They are supposed want to bid for Mbappe. No doubt they'd be able to afford Mo. Move a few players on, cook the books to meet FFP

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

Salah seems to be klopps main man. Salah wont leave unless he pushes for a move and you cant rule that out if we another major trophy this season. He looked sharp against city.

Previously I don't think Klopp has been in this kind of position...to willingly sell players at the peak or just after to build again. We will find out...

I dont think Salah will leave either but when I think back to the players that Klopp lost whilst he was at Dortmund it does make me think that as good and lovable as Klopp is that it could happen. I guess with Dortmund, Bayern simply had too much money and were always guaranteed to be in a shout for trophies but it still rankles me why a player playing for a great Klopp team would leave Dortmund for Bayern as Lewandoski and Gotze. That's like losing a Salah and Mane to Man City, horrible.

I dont think Salah will leave either but when I think back to the players that Klopp lost whilst he was at Dortmund it does make me think that as good and lovable as Klopp is that it could happen. I guess with Dortmund, Bayern simply had too much money and were always guaranteed to be in a shout for trophies but it still rankles me why a player playing for a great Klopp team would leave Dortmund for Bayern as Lewandoski and Gotze. That's like losing a Salah and Mane to Man City, horrible.

Bayern - Dortmund is nothing like Us - City.

That’s not the same at all.

I think it was a very good comparison.
Not really, Bayern are 5 time European Champions, so in that respect they are like us in terms of trophies in the German League. The dynamic I would say is more like Man U and Arsenal back in the day when Wenger was winning stuff and an annoyance to Fergie.

It is constantly in the back of my mind that Salah will be sold in the summer to bring fresh blood in to the team, Sancho, Havertz, people like that.

I have no real basis for this but it has been there for a while.

Same. Also have zero evidence, just what I think

Salah deserves some slack for his dip in form. He has done extremelly well for two seasons and has been involved in the summer break for both seasons.

Sure, but it could be that he wants to move if he continues to be miserable and in poor form.

Sure, but it could be that he wants to move if he continues to be miserable and in poor form.

Seemed in good spirits against palace when he didn’t come on from the sidelines.
Most importantly, still recovering from
that moronic tackle against Leicester and may not till recover till summer surgery. He’s earnt himself a lot of slack. The front three in general over the last month haven’t been in great form so not sure why Salah bears the brunt of it.

Last edited:
Maybe his selfishness on the ball?

Part of his natural game, don’t get the numbers he has without having that as part of his game.
He setup Chamberlain twice yesterday.
Thought lately he has been trying to lay off too much, rather he just play his natural game nd take the chance himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ignorance showing, when you say it's not the same do you mean our city rivalry is worse?
Bayern are historically far more successful than Dortmund (they’ve got something like 30 league titles along with a load of European Cups while Dortumund have less than 10 and a single European Cup). Bayern also have a far bigger global audience.
Now how many domestic and European titles do we have compared to City? Also take a look at the crowds and fan reaction when LFC tour the world. If anything we’re far more Bayern than City are. So no, the two situations don’t compare. And you’re certainly not going to be seeing our best players cherry picked season by season by City the way Bayern have done over the years, and what made Klopp ‘fail’ in his final season there (I reckon he lost at least half his side due to forced sales to Bayern and Madrid, along with Kagawa to United).

Not really, Bayern are 5 time European Champions, so in that respect they are like us in terms of trophies in the German League. The dynamic I would say is more like Man U and Arsenal back in the day when Wenger was winning stuff and an annoyance to Fergie.
But aren't we the annoyance to City and Pep?

Edit: ignore...just read juniormembers post that explains it

Bayern are the rich club with seemingly unlimited funds. Dortmund have to do shrewd business to come close and often find their best players wanting to leave.

If you base it on this, the comparison is perfectly fine.

Bayern are the rich club with seemingly unlimited funds. Dortmund have to do shrewd business to come close and often find their best players wanting to leave.

If you base it on this, the comparison is perfectly fine.

It really isn’t. You underestimate just how big a club we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom