• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Serious Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
Have we had a worse left back than Alberto Moreno in the last 30 years?

Sure, he's more technically gifted than, say, Djimi Traore. But Djimi won stuff. There was Konchesky, but he was fucked off after a few months. Dossena? Same again.

Moreno has been here 4 years or so? He's consistently cost us games with no sign of improvement, he's even cost us finals. We bought him for a decent price, too. No fucker wants him either.

All things considered, is he THE worst? Some going given the absolute bilge we've had play there.

Who plays there in the ressies/U19s now? They surely cannot be as bad as Moreno. And even if they are, there's the chance they might improve and learn - something Moreno has proven he's incapable of doing over the length of his entire contract.

Yeah, in terms of time spent at the club, he’s easily the worst left back ever. Quick, not that good at attacking, shite at defending, shite at positioning, shite at passing. All round shite fella.

See I didn't go with ever because I'm only 31 and haven't seen them all.

But in terms of direct negative impact, longevity, lack of improvement... I can't think of a worse left back. You could say there hasn't been anybody as braindead and hopeless in any other position over such a period.

The fact he's apparently been a model pro around the club and helped others settle gets him off the hook in terms of worst ever.

I hope he never plays again for us though.

He was OK start of last season but yeah pretty shit.

But the worst ever?? Worse than even Aly Cissokho, Emiliano Insua, Jose Enrique (tbf I love him), Gregory Vignal, Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena, and Paul Konchesky???

Really?

He arguably has more talent than all of them, but have any of them cost us so many games - finals included - over such a long period of time?

He was OK start of last season but yeah pretty shit.

But the worst ever?? Worse than even Aly Cissokho, Emiliano Insua, Jose Enrique (tbf I love him), Gregory Vignal, Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena, and Paul Konchesky???

Really?
Degen and Insua weren’t left backs, and the rest didn’t last long. The dickhead’s been with us how many seasons? 4 or 5 I think. Scary.
So amongst those that were in the first team squad for a solid amount of time, I’d say he’s easily the worst. He hasn’t improved AT ALL since his debut.

Watching that game tonight and I was laughing to myself thinking some of these characters would be in our strongest 11 not too long ago. Mignolet and Moreno can leave and not one fan would care. Pair of children.

Moreno is the footballing Forrest Gump. Can run up and and down all day but hasn't got clue number one between his ears. His ability to consistently miss the ball and throw his whole body around at situations without any kind of rationale is unerring.

Was it Aly Cissokho who played an awful ball to Hendo that led to him being sent off at the end of 2013/14?

Moreno is useless - he used to be confident going forwards and you could potentailly forgive the odd moment of being out of position. Now he occupies space high up but doesn't threaten, just plays hopeful passes that don't come off or immediately passes it back to where it came from - all whilst being caught out of position.

Was it Aly Cissokho who played an awful ball to Hendo that led to him being sent off at the end of 2013/14?

Moreno is useless - he used to be confident going forwards and you could potentailly forgive the odd moment of being out of position. Now he occupies space high up but doesn't threaten, just plays hopeful passes that don't come off or immediately passes it back to where it came from - all whilst being caught out of position.
Nah that was Moses.

Tbf I think we've had more shit full backs than any other position I remember

Left back has had some absolute belters hasnt it, perhaps only goal keeper has been as disasterous in terms of recruitment over the years

He seems to be impervious to coaching.

I reckon if there was a plus/minus goals stat which valued a player by the amount of goals they added or cost to a team Moreno would be a huge minus. He seems to be worth a goal a game to the opposition.

Granted he has stiff competition for the title but some of the others have excuses or redeeming qualities.

Even more so if we weighted the importance of the goal and importance of the game.

That Scandinavian left back we had..

Bloody awful.. him and that Scandinavian cb we also had..

Summed up everything I hated about the Evans era..

I guess he served some sort of purpose as Countinho’s mate, keeping him happy, but since he left, he has no function.
There’s shit players you put up with for a while, then there’s shit players you start to despise, he’s firmly in the latter category.

That Scandinavian left back we had..

Bloody awful.. him and that Scandinavian cb we also had..

Summed up everything I hated about the Evans era..

Bjørneby. I guess he still was better than Kvarme and Piecknic (the scanidnavian CB's). He was ok solid but never spectacular. Played a gazilion games for Norway as well.

Today he is Sportsdirector for Rosenborg. They fired their coach in July (when they were top of the league and heading for the 3rd double in 4 years under this coach. Also doing well to qualify for EL 3 of the seasons he was there). I think the reasoning behind was that a club of Rosenborgs size and reputation should see more progress than they did (winning the League 3 times in a row after not winning it for 4-5 years). So they spent last part of 2018 asking every man and his dog if they wanted to become the new coach with noone bothering to accept. Around xmas they finally got their man. A guy noone knows and who coached the team ending number 4 in Norway and never won anything. Unluckeee for Bjornebye this guy turned out to be under a contract and they managed to announce him before they had agreed a fee to buy him out of the contract. This Whole saga leading Rosenborg to a January where they faced one legal case from the coach they fired and one from the club they signed the new coach from.... So I guess not so solid anymore but more spectacular than he used to be.....

No one has been worse than Moreno. The likes of Konchesky just weren't very good, but at least they knew the basics as to how to play the position. Moreno doesn't know where he is, where he should go, what he should do. His discipline is a joke, his concentration is worse than a cat's, and his positional sense is atrocious. And aside from his debut he's shown all the attacking ability of someone who doesn't know where the goal is or where his teammates are. I'd happily slam a door on his head repeatedly from now until next Christmas if I ever encountered the smiling stupid midget. You might as well offer places in the team via Groupon if wretched wastes of skin such as Moreno get a game. Write off his contract, throw him out and change the bloody locks.

No one has been worse than Moreno. The likes of Konchesky just weren't very good, but at least they knew the basics as to how to play the position. Moreno doesn't know where he is, where he should go, what he should do. His discipline is a joke, his concentration is worse than a cat's, and his positional sense is atrocious. And aside from his debut he's shown all the attacking ability of someone who doesn't know where the goal is or where his teammates are. I'd happily slam a door on his head repeatedly from now until next Christmas if I ever encountered the smiling stupid midget. You might as well offer places in the team via Groupon if wretched wastes of skin such as Moreno get a game. Write off his contract, throw him out and change the bloody locks.

Couldn't agree more.

You know a lot about the ressies and that. Any promising left backs waiting in the wings?

Enrique, really? He's nowhere near amongst the worst left backs we've had, he wasn't bad at all. Frustrating occasionally but that's it. Moreno is utter shit.

Couldn't agree more.

You know a lot about the ressies and that. Any promising left backs waiting in the wings?

Yes, deffo: Adam Lewis. He's got it all - pace, poise, intelligence, good technique, solid in defence, decisive in attack, and a good leader. Gerrard worked with him last season and raved about him.

Reactions: C/O
Yes, deffo: Adam Lewis. He's got it all - pace, poise, intelligence, good technique, solid in defence, decisive in attack, and a good leader. Gerrard worked with him last season and raved about him.

You'd think Klopp would've looked to get him involved this season seeing as he's not reluctant to blood the kids through. All Moreno is doing is blocking his progress and costing us games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom