• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sheffield United v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scalping sounds like the kind of thing the new guy would often fuck up and end up with half of a scalp in hand

Maybe WE were the scalpers.

We took the scalp of the mighty Sheffield United at Bramall Lane, where they have beaten a team once and lost three times so far this season!

Reactions: Ijg
Can you be half-scalped?

Do we have anyone with Comanche heritage who can help out here?

Native Americans didn't always take a full scalp, sometimes only a part was taken.

Fun fact. This fucker survived scalping by a Sioux chief as well as being shot with a bullet and two arrows. No word on whether he'd call that a draw though.

main-qimg-8454d58690957c1a9ba628c1804dd421

Our game is not about attacking midfielders..

You could probably fit one AM in there..

Keita will get you goals too..

Our supply lines comes from the wings, we have the two full back backs who contribute to goals more than any fullbacks in the world

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Native Americans didn't always take a full scalp, sometimes only a part was taken.

Fun fact. This fucker survived scalping by a Sioux chief as well as being shot with a bullet and two arrows. No word on whether he'd call that a draw though.

Frank Lampard in his after-match interview discusses being half-scalped by the Mighty Sheffield Comanche tribe in his home territory

That's not the best angle for him.

You too are fighting over semantics. Seriously...like who gives a fuck if it's a scalp or not.
That's why I stopped replying, bar the cheap dig.

Point was they've been a surprise package and they've made a few shock results already. We all know Brendan knows this, but he's always got to make a fucking scene, bless him.

Can't we just agree on the fact that we were a bit spawny to get that win, whilst simultaneously agreeing that we weren't exactly in the Neu Camp..?

Man that was a tough fuckin slog. Wasn't too worried with it being 0-0 at HT as I fully expected Sheff United to quickly run out of steam 2nd half but that never really happened, fair play to them, they really put it up to us and don't think any of us could've said they didn't deserve to get something but we all know you need a bit of luck so we'll happily take it.

Thought the keeper, back 4 and Fabinho were excellent. The rest never got into it but again, have to credit Sheff United for playing their part in that.

7 from 7, 2 hard aways games ticked off in the space of a week and now 2 home games to look forward to. What a start to the season this has been.

Can't we just agree on the fact that we were a bit spawny to get that win, whilst simultaneously agreeing that we weren't exactly in the Neu Camp..?

True. I mean, we've won at the Neu Camp before. But Brammall Lane (after football started in 1992) ... different story altogether.

Great photo, Matip is one of those guys whose somewhat ungainly so he always looks as if hes about slip or over run the ball, which he very rarely does. Hes been exceptional this season, as he was again yesterday. His ability to bring the ball out from defence and go on a charge combijed with Virgs long passing game gives us tremendous variety when building from the back.

When Allison gets back into the team I expect we will go up a level, his distribution is incredible and he allows the 2 CBs to play a little bit further forward which allows us to go from defence to attack that little bit quicker.

Great photo, Matip is one of those guys whose somewhat ungainly so he always looks as if hes about slip or over run the ball, which he very rarely does. Hes been exceptional this season, as he was again yesterday. His ability to bring the ball out from defence and go on a charge combijed with Virgs long passing game gives us tremendous variety when building from the back.

When Allison gets back into the team I expect we will go up a level, his distribution is incredible and he allows the 2 CBs to play a little bit further forward which allows us to go from defence to attack that little bit quicker.

Unpopular opinion - I’d prefer Gomez there.

I was watching the City game thinking "jammy cunts" until I then thought back to our game!

One of us is going to lose again soon, so nice for us to have a buffer should it be us.

Anyone know if Maddison will be out for the game next weekend? Leicester are good but not as good without him so could do with that being the case. What a game this looks to be building up to be.

I was watching the City game thinking "jammy cunts" until I then thought back to our game!

One of us is going to lose again soon, so nice for us to have a buffer should it be us.

Anyone know if Maddison will be out for the game next weekend? Leicester are good but not as good without him so could do with that being the case. What a game this looks to be building up to be.
He'll be fit.

I think we’ll beat them comfortably enough as Rodgers has zero defensive intelligence.

What's that coming over the hill? Is it the ratings? Is it the RAAAAAAAAAAAAATIIIIIIINGS?

What do they call this? Grinding out a win? Winning ugly? Playing quite shit and still getting a result? Sheffield United and their walking-talking-Yorkshire-cliche manager seemed to think this was an opportunity missed to claim a big scalp - or even just a draw - but there was some merit to that claim; if not quite "there for the taking" we did miss chances, looked tentative at times, and our passing was horrible. And they missed some big chances of their own.

But still, a win's a win's a win. Three more points.

Adrian (5) This might seem harsh, but he was fucking lucky on occasion, with one cross he left alone, which should have led to a goal. He seemed a bit flappy in general really - some rubbish kicking too, and while he did make one good save, he didn't make me feel at all comfortable and the clean sheet was a miracle.

TAA (4) Oh dear, this was waaaaay below par. Defensively he was poor, but he also was unsure in possession and just kept giving it away, which isn't the first such display this season. He got a bit better in the second half, in that he seemed to remember some of the basics of defensive positioning.

Matip (6) Didn't help the defensive malaise with a few terrible passes, but overall did pretty well, if not at his best.

Virgil (9) The main reason we didn't drop points. Won almost everything in the air and on the floor, and strode about the pitch like a dark, angry Titan, looming large over everyone and screaming his head off. Also made the pass of the game, which Mane duly fucked up. So, so good.

Robertson (5) He's not been consistent enough this season, great one game, mediocre the next. Perhaps my expectations are unfair, but he wasn't on form today, with some poor passing and woeful crosses, even if he put in his usual energetic display and made a few vital blocks. Disappointing from both full-backs.

Fabinho (6) Dropped back to help out when needed, and did his best to get the midfield firing, but was often crowded and, not for the first time, left almost on his own at times centrally.

Henderson (5) He worked very hard, as expected, but the captain - and Klopp's first-choice midfield in general - can look agricultural at times, and this was one of those days when Henderson just couldn't supply any quality balls from the midfield, even if the players ahead of him seemed lethargic and there was little quality support from the full-backs either. A struggle.

Wijanldum (4) Well, as ever, and extra point for the goal, however fluky, but at least he got it on target, unlike his other efforts. He was fucking dreadful, really. A classic Invisible Shithouse away display, like the bad old days. He was caught in possession a few times, when he was actually doing anything with the ball, and his passing was atrocious.

Salah (4) What's missing? He just isn't quite there right now. His passing, movement and shooting just seem off. Missed one glorious chance, and otherwise very quiet as the game passed him by.

Mane (5) On another day he could have had a hat-trick, but this was one of those other days. Missed two brilliant chances, including almost an open goal, and was fortunate that they didn't cost us points. He at least was making runs, but shooting boots were left at home.

Firmino (4) Did absolutely fuck all in the first half, and looked slow and devoid of ideas. Got better as the game went on, but nowhere near good enough. How we will regret not buying another attacker, when the front three play like this.

Firmino (4) Did absolutely fuck all in the first half, and looked slow and devoid of ideas. Got better as the game went on, but nowhere near good enough. How we will regret not buying another attacker, when the front three play like this.

He put a chance on a plate for Mane who duely fucked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom