• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

She's dead

Private, or privatised?

Probably a good time to relaunch this petition:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/18914

Responsible department: Cabinet Office

In keeping with the great lady's legacy, Margaret Thatcher's state funeral should be funded and managed by the private sector to offer the best value and choice for end users and other stakeholders.

The undersigned believe that the legacy of the former PM deserves nothing less and that offering this unique opportunity is an ideal way to cut government expense and further prove the merits of liberalised economics Baroness Thatcher spearheaded.

I sincerely hope the funeral is a private matter, it could get ugly.

Of course it won't be. She did many things wrong and she also got things right too. I didn't live in Liverpool at the time so I can't comment on the stuff she did, but of course her tenure oversaw Hillsborough and its glaring that she got that wrong.

We needed a strong, no nonsense leader. We got that. Many suffered, many prospered.

Tony Blair took us to war on a lie. Will we be having parties when he dies? I respect that to some people she was the devil incarnate and they can celebrate her passing as its a free country. But does that make it right? For 23 years the people of Liverpool showed class, dignity, fortitude and strength over their challenge of the injustices of Hillsborough. For which they have many more people's respect.

Having street parties to celebrate a death? Well, I'm not sure that's the answer. But I'm not Liverpudlian and I didn't personally suffer under it. In my view the best way to deal with this situation is with a dignified and classy silence on the whole matter, but its personal choice.

I am OK with a state funeral as long as it is put out to tender and the cheapest bid wins . This may result in a load of miners burning her in a skip but it is what she would have wanted .

I know this is a bit of a craggy issue. BUT!!! I'd have had Thatcher over anyone like fucking Arthur Scargill running this country.

cannot believe what people are saying on here about a sodding politician, very childish and makes yo sound like fucking savages. She was an old woman/granny who has family who are hurt today

Grow up, get over it

cannot believe what people are saying on here about a sodding politician, very childish and makes yo sound like fucking savages. She was an old woman/granny who has family who are hurt today

Grow up, get over it

ok lets show the same concern that she showed for people shall we? sounds fair?

Fuck off Fox you blert

fuck you, she is not Hitler, just because you don't agree with what she did in her job does not mean you should laugh and cheer at an old woman's death, she was someones gran, mum ETC

Amazes me supposed intelligent people on here are talking like fucking savages

She did a lot to break the power of the unions, so that was one good thing. I'm sure there are many others, and plenty of bad.

RIP

Fox has already fucked my good mood. Fox stop being a fanny. You're being a massive fanny. She was a cunt. She's dead. Good. It's dead good. An everyone thats soubd an funny is made up. An you're not. Fuck off.

go away again twat

ok lets show the same concern that she showed for people shall we? sounds fair?

It does if you want to show yourself as heartless as she was. I had no more time for her domestic policies than most of the rest on here, but for me anyone actively celebrating her death risks reducing themselves to her level.

fuck you, she is not Hitler, just because you don't agree with what she did in her job does not mean you should laugh and cheer at an old woman's death, she was someones gran, mum ETC

Amazes me supposed intelligent people on here are talking like fucking savages

such a caring mum to her daughter as well.

I have to agree with Vlad, she was what the country needed at that moment in time. I lived in Ireland and can remember the BBC News in the 70's which reported, almost daily, on the latest strike. I would love to know how many working days were lost to strikes in the last few years before Thatcher took the reigns.

The binmen went on strike for weeks and rubbish was piled on the streets, the grave diggers went on strike and bodies were being stacked in morgues, prison officers, postmen, miners, etc, etc.....the country was grinding to a halt.

I'm not going to defend some of her poorer errors of judgement, Hillsborough, Pinochet, the Poll Tax, etc but she was a conviction politician who took tough decisions and wasn't afraid of making enemies BUT she turned Btitain's economy around and she became a pivotal politician in many worldwide events.

I think many on here and other such forums will be disappointed to find out that the majority view of Thatcher will be that; although she made mistakes, overall her tenure was beneficial for this country and for world politics.

thing is folks if this thread is to talk about what she did in govt and what affect she had on your families lives that is one thing. If this thread is simply a laugh at an old lady dying then that is wrong

Maybe start the thread again and just debate her working life

I'm going to duck out of this thread.

Respect the fact that some need or want to celebrate, but that's not for me.

thing is folks if this thread is to talk about what she did in govt and what affect she had on your families lives that is one thing. If this thread is simply a laugh at an old lady dying then that is wrong

Maybe start the thread again and just debate her working life

That's not going to happen Fox. And if you thought your appearance and thoughts weren't going to attract the comments you have then you're being very naive on a Liverpool supporters website.

*leaves*

*again*

I'm going to duck out of this thread.

Respect the fact that some need or want to celebrate, but that's not for me.

A debate on her working life on a different thread mate would be nice, this thread is for the thugs to celebrate an old woman dying because she did not do her job how they would like her to

I'm out

Back
Top Bottom