• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Short Club Founder Biographies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGriff

6CM Follower
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find short biographies of football club founders all in one place. I want to read more after reading about the founder of Barcelona. He was a Swiss guy who wanted the club to remain small so he didn't make money from it but later on if life committed suicide. I know its grim but also fascinating.

Here's a biography of a short football owner:

ea49fbec8c4ffe2593465395077434f414f4141_v5.jpg

There's a book about Liverpool's founder, written by David Kennedy, called The Man Who Created Merseyside Football: John Houlding, Founding Father of Liverpool and Everton - which will be published this autumn.

I don't think there's one source for these figures. Your best bet for British founders would probably be via the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Further afield, try looking here:

https://www.sportspages.com/shop/football/football_books/football_club_histories_(i_p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom