• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shrewsbury (A) - FA CUP - post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was shite. I was happy just seeing us knock it about. Even when we went one nil up I felt we’d just keep knocking it about. More fool me.

I knew Klopp would go ape shit about the replay. He made a comment the other week about no winter break for those who got a replay.

does klopp realize how shit we are with long breaks in between games ? you know what ? - many managers of note who have won more than him have coped well with this schedule, just wish he would stop fucking moaning. If anything these kids and possibly our non first 11 team members need these extra games.

I said after the Everton game that the difference between that and the Villa game was Lallana. The same applies today.

Lallana was doing his best Henderson impression against Everton and worked his ass off to help us control the game.

We didn't have anyone performing that role today and I guess the one thing we can hope to take away from this performance is that next year in the cups we know we need a player or two in the middle of the park that are going to stand up to be counted.

I haven't heard what Klopp said but from what's been said here it feels like a bit of a childish reaction. We were put in an impossible situation with the League Cup and we ended up throwing the game to get out of it. This time though the fault is all ours. We've got no-one to blame. I don't give a shit about the FA Cup this season either but blatantly throwing the game doesn't sit right.

If nothing else, Klopp should be there. I don't see any argument for sending the reserve coach.

The worst players were probably the senior players that started today. Hopefully this doesn't fuck our winter break and we only play the kids again for the replay, not arsed with the FA cup.

Most season ticket are in the cup schemes so you've got to buy a ticket. You'd have thought the least the staff could do would be turn up. Very poor from Klopp this

It's the opposite of a strop, it's a plan, with priorities, informed by his sense of what his players need.

It's clearly a fucking strop.

Fine, most of the players need a rest. But Lallana, Shaqiri, Keita? Minamino? Lovren?

Bollocks. They could actually do with the games.

I'd keep Origi and Ox.
Lallana, if he goes, will go on a free.
Shaq and Lovren will get us 40-50 million imo ...

Why keep Origi or the OX..?

Origi may have scored some valuable goal but he has done so far too infrequently, and has have way too many below arverage performances

The Ox when starting matches goes missing after 15/20 mins and when coming on preforms for 10/15 mins that is one of the reasons Wenger did not rate him

We need to sell both and move on

It's clearly a fucking strop.

Fine, most of the players need a rest. But Lallana, Shaqiri, Keita? Minamino? Lovren?

Bollocks. They could actually do with the games.

Some of those could do with playing for someone else.

According to the BBC the replay only eats into 4 days of the winter break so it's not a world ending thing.

Why keep Origi or the OX..?

Origi may have scored some valuable goal but he has done so far too infrequently, and has have way too many below arverage performances

The Ox when starting matches goes missing after 15/20 mins and when coming on preforms for 10/15 mins that is one of the reasons Wenger did not rate him

We need to sell both and move on

Watch Ox before his injury against Roma - he was a really really good player.
Origi needs to played like he was against Everton - in the middle.

Watch Ox before his injury against Roma - he was a really really good player.
Origi needs to played like he was against Everton - in the middle.

That was the honeymoon period for the Ox, when He was tring to get his feet under the table. He does that now excpet it is for 15-20 mins in a game

Origi seems to have forgotten how to run at and take on players. Today is typically what we have been see from Origi since the start of the season

The ‘stroppy one’ the shrews will be right up for this now, I hope it ain’t the same team that we played v villa as we’ll get beat, play same as the Everton game and we’re through to the 5th round ffs

[article]”We intend to honour the original idea of the break,” the Liverpool manager said. “We have respect for the players’ welfare and they need this time off. We got a letter from the authorities in April last year asking us not to organise anything during the week of the break and we haven’t. We have given the players the time off, and some are going away. They will still be keeping fit, but they do not have to play football that week and they do not have to come in to Melwood.”
[/article]

It looks like there isn’t even a warm weather camp in Spain.

That was the honeymoon period for the Ox, when He was tring to get his feet under the table. He does that now excpet it is for 15-20 mins in a game

Origi seems to have forgotten how to run at and take on players. Today is typically what we have been see from Origi since the start of the season

the honeymoon period he was actually shit - and arsenal fans were mocking us. He then turned it on and we'd have likely smashed Real if we had him on the pitch. We probably would have beaten them if we'd kept Salah on the pitch too.

Origi, like all the seniors, had a terrible game. Again, watch the game against Everton ... He's shown he can score goals, and you can't 'sell that' unless you replace that.

It's a bit of an over-reaction from many of you on here, and I think @Modo is right, the youngsters have not played in this setup since the Everton game, and to be fair having ago at Origi, and the Ox is a bit too much. Some of the shit on here regarding Origi and his performances this year is a joke, the guy hardly gets that many minutes but you all expect him to score whenever he does play ? - fuck right off. We have to accept that there were 3 seniors coming back from injury having their first full game in a while, it was telling, plus a new guy in Mini, makes the whole thing a challenge to play as a team. Also lets not forget, that one of their goals - being a penalty would not have happened with VAR. I am sure with the home imperial crowd behind them the same boys will crush this Spartacus uprising when they have their day out in Rome.

If we are going to send the kids and Neil Chrictley, then we should lower the ticket prices.
Although that may be harsh on Shrewsbury if they get a cut from the ticket sales.
Still, shouldnt have to pay top dollar to see the kids play.

Most season ticket are in the cup schemes so you've got to buy a ticket. You'd have thought the least the staff could do would be turn up. Very poor from Klopp this
If the club don't reduce prices I can see people seriously kicking off.

If they do this for adults £20 & kids a fiver or something then fair enough, but if it's full price it's completely taking the piss.

the honeymoon period he was actually shit - and arsenal fans were mocking us. He then turned it on and we'd have likely smashed Real if we had him on the pitch. We probably would have beaten them if we'd kept Salah on the pitch too.

Origi, like all the seniors, had a terrible game. Again, watch the game against Everton ... He's shown he can score goals, and you can't 'sell that' unless you replace that.
Salah on the pitch vs Real yes, had Marcelo pinned bad the whole time he was on the pitch, then as soon as we loss him Marcelo was streaming foward...

Origi has been so poor this season and shows no sign of returning to the Origi of old let along the Origi of last season...Sell

It's a bit of an over-reaction from many of you on here, and I think @Modo is right, the youngsters have not played in this setup since the Everton game, and to be fair having ago at Origi, and the Ox is a bit too much. Some of the shit on here regarding Origi and his performances this year is a joke, the guy hardly gets that many minutes but you all expect him to score whenever he does play ? - fuck right off. We have to accept that there were 3 seniors coming back from injury having their first full game in a while, it was telling, plus a new guy in Mini, makes the whole thing a challenge to play as a team. Also lets not forget, that one of their goals - being a penalty would not have happened with VAR. I am sure with the home imperial crowd behind them the same boys will crush this Spartacus uprising when they have their day out in Rome.

Getting games or not has nothing to do with Origi running at defenders or trying to take on players... This is something that has all but disappeared from his game...
And No, I don't expect him to score everytime he plays, but I do expect him to run at players, knock the ball pass them and take them on

As for the youngster do you really believe that they have forgotten the system since the Everton game..?? Unlikely

I believe that in that game they were pimped because it was Everton and believe that they perfomed so well vs Everton that this game would be a cake walk and after the first goal they would score at will

Salah on the pitch vs Real yes, had Marcelo pinned bad the whole time he was on the pitch, then as soon as we loss him Marcelo was streaming foward...

Origi has been so poor this season and shows no sign of returning to the Origi of old let along the Origi of last season...Sell

Origi has barely played. The one game he started in his favored position he was unreal, one of the best attacking performances of any player this year.

When Klopp put out a junior team against Villa I backed him 100%, the FA had put us in a ridiculous position andins into a hectic schedule and he was well within his rights to treat it like a farce. He absolutely did what was best for the club.

This is a totally different situation, we have lots of senior players like Fabinho, Keita, Lovren, Matip, Shaq and Milner who are in need of competitive games to sharpen up. There isnt another game for a week and a half. He can still send all the first XI away on a weeks holidays and put out a strong team.

Binning this off is not whats best for the club. Its him proving a point, if he does it he will get absolutely destroyed in the press, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom