• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shrewsbury Town v Liverpool - Match Thread - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's one of the ex-Reds the City forums are going to explode

I do think that teams so used to having so much possession, even at under 23 level, actually don't quite grasp how tiring and soul destroying it is not to have the ball for long stretches of time. They simply don't have the memory of it. So they don't exploit it. Just pass it around.

I do think that teams so used to having so much possession, even at under 23 level, actually don't quite grasp how tiring and soul destroying it is not to have the ball for long stretches of time. They simply don't have the memory of it. So they don't exploit it. Just pass it around.
Yeah, agree completely, we need to just pass these to death & wait for their inevitable mistakes, we keep pushing fo a goal way too much.

Lovren seems to not trust Chiverella much. Reluctant to pass to him in tight spaces - only uses Fabinho. We seemed better against Everton with more youngsters.

Lovren seems to not trust Chiverella much. Reluctant to pass to him in tight spaces - only uses Fabinho. We seemed better against Everton with more youngsters.

I think the derby atmosphere brought some intensity to that match that is missing here. Everyone seems half asleep.

Everton were much more niave than this lot, they kept pressing us & leaving us loads of space which we could exploit, & it encouraged us to play keep ball just to drag them out of position.

These are much more savvy & just drop back & let the kids make mistakes as they're tempted to try going forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom