• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sit down Arn, put any machinery away

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll finally play for a club that finishes top 3 year after year ...

45446101_lucasred_220_get.jpg

Rumours of Lucas to Besiktas earlier this week however nothing on the Echo website so ... what's the source ?

I have said a billion times or so that I don't care who we sign or sell as long as Klopp have the last say.

If Lucas leaves then I will wish him all the best because he worked his socks off for the club in every game. He always put the club first. Many posters hate him, yes it is hate. How on earth that you can hate a player that always given his all for the club is beyond me. I will never understand that.

If he stays he stays, if he leaves, he leaves. I can't care less.

It will always be a fact that he was our player of the season last season and in the maybe toughest league in the world he is the player that made most tackles the last decade and at the same time almost never got sent off or gave away a pen. That is fantastic stats every day of the week.

Lucas will always be one of us and he is a lot better fan that many of the posters here that is real shitholes.

Well, I'll be sorry to see him go even if I think the time is right. I think he's been a much better player than he's been given credit for by some, he's been an excellent servant. I hope we replace him with someone who has positional intelligence but with more quality in linking defence to attack.

Well, I'll be sorry to see him go even if I think the time is right. I think he's been a much better player than he's been given credit for by some, he's been an excellent servant. I hope we replace him with someone who has positional intelligence but with more quality in linking defence to attack.

Better, yes. "Much better" is pushing it IMHO but his attitude has always been top notch and I deffo wish him well.

I have said a billion times or so that I don't care who we sign or sell as long as Klopp have the last say.

If Lucas leaves then I will wish him all the best because he worked his socks off for the club in every game. He always put the club first. Many posters hate him, yes it is hate. How on earth that you can hate a player that always given his all for the club is beyond me. I will never understand that.

If he stays he stays, if he leaves, he leaves. I can't care less.

It will always be a fact that he was our player of the season last season and in the maybe toughest league in the world he is the player that made most tackles the last decade and at the same time almost never got sent off or gave away a pen. That is fantastic stats every day of the week.

Lucas will always be one of us and he is a lot better fan that many of the posters here that is real shitholes.

Posters don't hate him Arn, very few anyway and those that express it that way do so out of frustration for his positive points being undone by moments of rash stupidity.

No one can deny he's a great pro, a steady player and that he loves the club. Those are what were once minimum requirements, yet they are now starting to become a rarity in the modern game, so he deserves the greatest of wishes for that and I'll always want to see him do well, wherever he goes.

I haven't seen a single poster on 6CM ever questioning his attitude, work rate or his commitment. I know I don't and never will.

For me it is his complete lack of skill in the final third of the pitch, his lack of pace and agility which often have led him to commit stupid fouls. He is not particular strong in the air either and he is often easily bullied as well physically. All in all too average in too many aspects of his game.

I wouldn't mind him staying in the squad as a say 4th or 5th choice midfielder, but he has never shown enough quality to be relied upon as a certain starter in a club competing for top honors in a top 4 league year in and year out. Which is also probably why so many fans have grown very tired with him, but it's never been his fault. You can only expect so much from a player and we have been way too reliant on Lucas for too many Seasons for my liking.

Well, it's like this myth that Rafa ruined this amazing attacking midfielder. Sorry, but if those are your natural instincts as a player, then it comes to the surface every now and then. It never really has, has it? He's a tidy passer and is occasionally great at playing first time, forward passes through congested midfields, but other than that he's always been fairly low in terms of assists, goals and direct involvement in attacking moves.

Well, it's like this myth that Rafa ruined this amazing attacking midfielder. Sorry, but if those are your natural instincts as a player, then it comes to the surface every now and then. It never really has, has it? He's a tidy passer and is occasionally great at playing first time, forward passes through congested midfields, but other than that he's always been fairly low in terms of assists, goals and direct involvement in attacking moves.
I can't see how anyone can blame Rafa for his shortcomings in that department either - as you say he looks so uncomfortable and out-of-depth whenever closing in on the opponents goal. He may or may not have made an end-to-end run or two back in his day in Brazil but we never got to see that.

But yeah his passing can be tidy and precise and he can on his day be a cog in the wheel too.

Rafa deserves some credit for salvaging a player out of what Lucas arrived as.

Its a lesson that virtually anyone can be passable as a limited DM.

Yeah, always said that Benitez deserves a lot of personal thanks from Lucas, but not from us, because he's never been good enough. Not ever.

All it takes is a few good games before an injury and you can dine out for life

Rafa played a blinder.

"Hate" is a strong word. I don't think many people actually "hate" him? I think he's a decent defensive midfielder but he has his faults, which have been mentioned already, like being weak in the air, tendency to commit stupid fouls in dangerous areas and lack of goals (for a midfielder it's actually pretty awful goals:games ratio). But no one can deny his work rate and commitment to the club. I for one wish him all the best and I hope his career finishes on a high.

Secondly, Arn, shut the fuck up.

I really felt dillusional watching him play his first years here. However I give him credit for developing into something that looked like a strong midfield maestro for a period before he got injured. Did not really come back to same standard later, but whoever buy him will probably get a good leader with a good footballhead. A player who will take a bullett for the team and inspire others to do the full workload together. They probably get him for a fair price as well....

He was outstanding last year when deputising as a CB, especially when shifted there in the League Cup Final when he put in a MOTM performance, which everyone recognised. He didn't let us down once at any other stage throughout the year either. You don't play 220+ games for Liverpool, and get 20-30 caps for Brazil if you're shit. He's been a very good player for a long time.

It's cooler to be a fucking nonce though and deride him based on your own limitations.

He's just an average footballer. He's show up well on many occasion, above his abilities. He's always been a terrific guy for many managers, and he's been extremely loyal. We owe him a big thanks. and he will be missed. But we can and will do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom