• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Six Nations

Jürgen4PM

Well-Known
Six Nations Championship 2010 Team Guide

England
England have never found their feet following their 2003 Rugby World Cup win, it is true that they played out of their skin to reach the final of the 2007 World cup, but that apart, they have disappointed season upon season. They have not won the championship since the 2003 Six Nations but they do finally look like they are improving under Martin Johnson as they proved with a good 2nd in the 2009 Six Nations. They looked in decent shape and will be hoping to go one better in 2010 to end that drought that has gone on far too long for England fans.

England will start as 5/1 fourth favourites in the betting to win their first Six Nations title since the halcyon days of 2003. They begin their campaign with a match against Wales at Twickenham on February 6th (see England Fixtures Below), for which they are 8/13 odds on favourites to win.

Manager, Martin Johnson has included former Kiwi Rugby League star, Shontayne Hape and Northampton Full Back, Ben Foden for the first time in the senior squad.

France
France, like England are suffering from inconsistency and have had an indifferent time of it since the Rugby World cup in 2007. They had high hopes in 2009 but they went onto lose twice including a heavy defeat at Twickenam which meant they finished 3rd in the Championship. The French are always dangerous and will be a big threat in 2010.

France warmed up for the Six Nations with three international matches in November, in which they won two but were soundly beaten by New Zealand in the third. Their most impressive performance came in the 20-13 victory over World Champions, South Africa in which they were always in command with a performance that sent huge warning signs to their Six Nations rivals.

They start their 2010 campaign at Murrayfield against Scotland in a fixture where they have had the upperhand over the last few years and end it with a home game against their greatest rivals, England at Stade de France.

They start the tournament as 7/4 favourites but these Six Naions odds could change easily due to several injury worries that have already ruled out three players for the start.

Wales
2008 Grand Slam Champions Wales have been strong for several years as they showed when winning the Grand Slam in 2005 as well. Coach Warren Gatland has got the team playing excellent rugby and although not seeming to improve against the Southern hemisphere sides over the last few months, they are still a team that is more than capable of winning any match they play and they will be extremely dangerous in 2010 once again.

Wales will start this year’s Six Nations as third favourites with odds of around 9/2, behind France and current Grand Slam champions, Ireland. They have a very tricky start however with an away game at Twickenham against England on February 6th. (see Wales Six Nations Fixtures Below).

Head coach, Warren Gatland has been forced to name a scrum half newcomer, in Richie Rees, of Blues, due to the long term injury worries concerning Mike Phillips and Dwayne Peel. He has called up four newcomers in total.

Ireland
Ireland are the current Grand Slam Champions having swept all before them in 2009 including a vital 1 point win over England which proved to be the difference.They will find it difficult to repeat that feat again but they must be one of the favourites as they have retained the majority of the Grand Slam winning squad.

Ireland will start as 5/2 second favourites in the betting to win back to back Six Nations titles, although they are only rated a 6/1 chance to win a second successive Grand Slam. The Irish begin their campaign with a match against Six Nations whipping boys, Italy, at Croke Park on February 6th, which should see them get off to an emphatic winning start. See all Ireland Six Nations fixtures below.

Coach Declan Kidney has named a 44 man squad for the tournament including hooker, Rory Best and prop, Marcus Horan, who are both returning from long term injuries. The squad also includes a total of nine uncapped players.

Scotland
Regarded as outsiders again this year, Scotland have struggled for several years now in the Championship.. They have a good crop of players and as long as they continue to improve they could easily upset the rugby betting odds and beat one of the more fancied teams although on paper they look to be fighting it out with Italy once agin forr the Wooden Spoon.

Scotland surprise winners over Australia in one of their three warm up matches in November come into the 2010 Six Nations with renewed confidence and with a team who, if they can’t win the tournament, can certainly register themselves as a force to be reckoned with.

Under new coach, Andy Robinson, there seems a greater sense of purpose and the team have become adept at stopping the opposition from playing and taking advantage of attacking positions gained. Despite the obvious improvements, Scotland have been given generous odds of 20/1 to win the tournament, which although is unlikely it certainly cannot be ruled out. Any bet on Scotland can be accessed by clicking any of the Bookmaker links on this page.

There will be many that think that the Triple Crown may be a distinct possibility, although that task will be made difficult with away games against both Wales and Ireland. Nonetheless they can be backed at 28/1 with Ladbrokes to win their 11th Triple Crown.

Italy
Italy have still yet to bridge the void in International class rugby, they have won the odd game here but they have finished bottom in eight out of nine seasons since they joined the Six Nations in 2000. There is no reason to think that they won’t do again this year.

2009 saw the Italians once again claimed the wooden spoon when they finished without a win which was disappointing to their fans. They look set to be fighting it out with the Scots once again for last place although you never know and they should start improving at some stage.

While they have been fighting it out for the wooden spoon ever since in recent years their performances have improved, nevertheless their ground just demonstrates where this game stands in Italian sporting rankings and that is very much as the poor relations as the Stadio Flaminio creates very little atmosphere and has a capacity of just under 25,000 and while many people for the home countries travel to Rome this is mainly for an excuse to have another six nations venue to travel too but this novelty may well wear off over the next few years unless Italy performs at a better level.

So anyone looking forward to it?

Fancy a team for a Grand Slam this season?

Players to watch out for?

Six nations winners?

Will the king of English rugby get the sack?

Who's getting the Wooden spoon?

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=38718.msg1046462#msg1046462 date=1264882922]
So anyone looking forward to it? Yes - always loved the Five Nations as a kid and that's not changed over the years.

Fancy a team for a Grand Slam this season? Any of France, Ireland or Wales could do it. Were I having a bet my money would go on the Irish (sorry!).

Players to watch out for? If Simon Shaw is picked and plays like he did for the Lions, there won't be a better forward anywhere out there. My second row would be him and the youngster Lawes. Fortunately for England's opponents, Johnno's loyalty to Borthwick makes that far less likely, barring injury, than it should be.

Six nations winners? I'll stick with Ireland.

Will the king of English rugby get the sack? If the team looks as clueless as it did at times last season, it's a possibility. If they tighten up and play with some purpose, probably not.

Who's getting the Wooden spoon? Getting harder to predict, this, but I'll go with Italy.

[/quote]

I rate Lawes from what i've seen (Only around 4 games mind), but the last time i watched him play (V Munster in the HC) he played at 6 and looked good. Is he definitely a second rower in your eyes JJ?

Fancy a team for a Grand Slam this season? No

Players to watch out for? Dan Biggar and possibly the youngest Welsh international of all time (Tom Prydie 17)

Six nations winners? France

Will the king of English rugby get the sack? No. I actually expect England to come 2nd

Who's getting the Wooden spoon? Italy

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=38718.msg1046503#msg1046503 date=1264887399]
I rate Lawes from what i've seen (Only around 4 games mind), but the last time i watched him play (V Munster in the HC) he played at 6 and looked good. Is he definitely a second rower in your eyes JJ?

[/quote]

His best position may well be in the back row, but second row's where we need him most. If only Johnson saw it the same way.

Is that Biggar lad any relation to Alistair Biggar who played for the Jockoes way back when?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=38718.msg1046507#msg1046507 date=1264887882]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=38718.msg1046503#msg1046503 date=1264887399]

[/quote]

His best position may well be in the back row, but second row's where we need him most. If only Johnson saw it the same way.

Is that Biggar lad any relation to Alistair Biggar who played for the Jockoes way back when?
[/quote]

No idea mate. He plays Fly-half for the Ospreys (He's kept Hook out of this position) and seems to be coming along nicely.

I've got my tickets for the Italy game next week so yeah it's fair to say I'm looking forward to it.
The competition is fairly wide open at the moment, albeit with France and Ireland having the pick of the recent form.

I can see Wales, England, Ireland and France all being capable of beating each other. Ireland have to go to Paris and London this year so it's going to be pretty tough for us. On account of that France are rightly favourites and the only weakness they really have is their coach, Lievremont, who is prone to some downright weird selections.

England - you just never know with them. You've got a massive pool of players to pick from but for the most part they're virtually indistinguishable in terms of quality. You've got lots of good international players but arguably very few great ones. That in itself leads to inconsistencies in team selection and that's why I just don't have any idea how they'll do. I've got no idea who will be starting in the key positions for England. Is Wilkinson going to start at 10 ?

Ireland - we're only missing one player through injury, Luke Fitzgerald. He'll be missed but he's likely to be replaced by Earls who has been having an excellent season so far. There are only a couple of selection issues, mainly at 10 and 12. I think Sexton should get the nod for the Italy game and if he plays well he should continue. Both Wallace and D'Arcy have been playing well lately but for me D'Arcy is the better option on account of his line breaking skills which are probably the best in the Irish squad right now. He gets through holes that other players don't even see and when you've got an inside centre like that it takes pressure off those inside and outside of him and creates a hell of a problem for an opposition defence. Our only concerns are keeping the squad injury free, because we don't have the depth other sides do and the perennial issue of the scrum.

Wales - They still have a good squad but have become less impressive with each year that Gatland has been in charge. I think they could be the tournaments big disappointment this year unless something changes massively. The backline was once the most feared in the Northern hemisphere, now it contains an unbalanced midfield, and an underperforming Shane Williams. The pack is still pretty good, but they need Ryan Jones back on top form.

Scotland - may take a scalp against England or Wales, they are improving but they're clearly still the fifth best team right now.

Italy - we'll see their usual toughness up front and every trick in the book being used to slow down games. Parisse will stand out and the world of rugby will take pity on him for having to play for Italy.

In answer to the Wilkinson question, I'll be surprised if anyone else starts at no.10. At the moment it's harder to call who his half-back partner will be. Neither Care nor Hodgson has made the shirt his own while Ellis, who was Johnno's first pick there, is available and may be the value bet to get picked again. Full-back isn't nailed on either - I think Armitage will get back in, but Foden's having a good season and I expect him at least to come close to selection. If he's not in the team he'll most likely be on the bench IMO.

England are the clear dark horses here, who should have enough quality to beat the likes of Wales, Scotland and Italy. If they manage that then who knows? Starting with a win will be massive to the English, as it will encourage consistency and boost confidence.

France and Ireland in particular are ahead in terms of quality, though, and by rights they should be the teams to beat.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=38718.msg1047801#msg1047801 date=1265059185]
England are the clear dark horses here, who should have enough quality to beat the likes of Wales, Scotland and Italy. If they manage that then who knows? Starting with a win will be massive to the English, as it will encourage consistency and boost confidence.

France and Ireland in particular are ahead in terms of quality, though, and by rights they should be the teams to beat.

[/quote]

I'd like to remind you that we've beaten you consistently over the last few years :p

Seriously though I've got a bad feeling about England this year, i really think your boys have a decent chance of winning the title. France have to be favourites though imo, especially taking into account that it's following a Lions tour.

You won last year without scoring a try. We practically gave the game to you by giving out a ridiculous amount of penalties and Jones lapped it up.

We've made decent strides to cut that out this year, which will level the playing field and hopefully see a proper game of rugby.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=38718.msg1047809#msg1047809 date=1265060378]
You won last year without scoring a try. We practically gave the game to you by giving out a ridiculous amount of penalties and Jones lapped it up.

We've made decent strides to cut that out this year, which will level the playing field and hopefully see a proper game of rugby.

[/quote]

Yeah it should be a good game.

I'd feel a lot more confident about our chances if Byrne and Phillips were playing.

Who's likely to be make up your front row? Have Sheridan and Vickery both been ruled out?

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=38718.msg1047815#msg1047815 date=1265060802]

[/quote]

Yeah it should be a good game.

I'd feel a lot more confident about our chances if Byrne and Phillips were playing.

Who's likely to be make up your front row? Have Sheridan and Vickery both been ruled out?
[/quote]

Peel's also out of contention with a shoulder injury, they are some big losses there, although we have greater ones...

Sheridan's ruled out, unfortunately, as is Vickery. Julian White is also injured for this game, but he might be back in a few weeks. And seeing as we're going up against one of the best front-rows in the game, it's likely we'll struggle up front. One of Worcester's Matt Mullan or Leicester's Dan Cole (both uncapped) is likely to start.

Worsely's another forward we'll greatly miss, TBH. He's been in great form and I remember him dominating Roberts for 80 minutes last year, so he's a big blow. However there are still grounds for optimism in England; Johnson's (finally) gone back to the core group of players which performed so well in 2004, instead of messing around with unknown combinations, and he's reported to have more confidence in this squad as a result. They'll certainly have more leaders, winners and tactically astute players on the field with Wilkinson, Moody, Easter, Shaw and Mark Cueto likely to be among the starters. And with Armitage and Flood also available, I think the England team will be able to look around at each other and know their good enough to do some damage this tournament.

Mathew Tait recalled for England Six Nations opener
RBS Six Nations: England v Wales

Mathew Tait will start at centre for England in their Six Nations opener on Saturday against Wales at Twickenham.

It is the Sale player's second England start since the 2007 Rugby World Cup final in Paris.

Full-back Delon Armitage, inside centre Riki Flutey, number eight Nick Easter and scrum-half Danny Care all come into Martin Johnson's team.

Tim Payne retains the loose-head jersey with David Wilson returning at tight-head and Dylan Hartley at hooker.

The uncapped Leicester prop Dan Cole is on the bench as Johnson tries to cope with the loss of Andrew Sheridan and Phil Vickery with his side up against the Wales all-Lions Test front row of Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees and Adam Jones.

After last year's disappointing autumn Test series where England scored just one try in three games against Australia, Argentina and New Zealand, Johnson's selection for Saturday's game has a more attacking flavour to it.

As well as Tait and Flutey in the centres, Jonny Wilkinson continues at fly-half with Ugo Monye and Mark Cueto on the wings.

There are only five survivors from the team who played Wales in the corresponding Twickenham fixture two years ago - Wilkinson, second rowers Simon Shaw and Steve Borthwick and flankers James Haskell and Lewis Moody.

Johnson was pleased to welcome Flutey, Armitage and Easter back into the side after injury ruled them out of England's autumn plans.

"It is good to get them back," said Johnson. "With Riki and Delon, we picked them all through last year and they took their chance.

"It was a blow to lose Riki in the autumn. He has trained really well over the last 10 days and fitted right back in.

"Nick's leadership has been vital for us. He is a strength in that area and it is nice to get him back into the group because he is playing well for Harlequins."

Tait's career has come full circle since making his infamous international debut as a teenage centre against Wales's Grand Slam side of 2005.

Since then, Tait, who will celebrate his 24th birthday on Saturday, has been moved around the back line, filling in on the wing and at full-back but never really given a run in his preferred 13 jersey except for at the 2007 World Cup.

He has made just one England start since the 2007 World Cup final - at full-back against New Zealand on the 2008 summer tour with his last eight caps as a replacement.

When Johnson announced his Six Nations squad last month, he admitted Tait had been mis-used for too long - and told the Sale player that now is the chance to cement his place in the England midfield.

Johnson also believes that Tait's defence is solid enough to deal with the Welsh midfield and he offers a sharper attacking midfield threat to Dan Hipkiss, who he has replaced.

"There has always been a lot of speculation with Mat. Last season he had his injury issues and he then fitted on to the bench in the Six Nations," said Johnson.

"It is a close call. He is a different player to Dan Hipkiss but he has a good all-round game. His defence is under-rated."

Johnson confirmed Northampton's promising lock Courtney Lawes was not considered for the game because of a slight groin injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England: D Armitage (London Irish); M Cueto (Sale Sharks), M Tait (Sale Sharks), R Flutey (Brive), U Monye (Harlequins); J Wilkinson (Toulon), D Care (Harlequins); T Payne (Wasps), D Hartley (Northampton), D Wilson (Bath), S Shaw (Wasps), S Borthwick (Saracens, capt), J Haskell (Stade Francais), L Moody (Leicester), N Easter (Harlequins).
Replacements: S Thompson (Brive), D Cole (Leicester), L Deacon (Leicester), S Armitage (London Irish), P Hodgson (London Irish), T Flood (Leicester), B Foden (Northampton).

Kevin McLaughlin is the one new cap named in the Ireland team to play Italy this Saturday in Croke Park.
The 25 year old Leinster player will start his first international alongside David Wallace and Jamie Heaslip in the Ireland backrow in the opening game of the 2010 RBS 6 Nations Championship.

Andrew Trimble returns to the Ireland team after winning his last cap against England in Twickenham in March 2008 and he is named on the left wing.

Gordon D'Arcy renews his centre partnership with Brian O'Driscoll while Ronan O'Gara will earn his 94th cap, partnering Tomas O'Leary.

Jerry Flannery starts at hooker alongside John Hayes and Cian Healy while Rory Best is named in the replacements following his recovery from injury.

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v Italy, RBS 6 Nations Championship, Croke Park, Saturday February 6th, 2:30 p.m):

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:
16 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Sean O’Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
22 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)

Unavailable due to injury:
Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=38718.msg1048088#msg1048088 date=1265116688]

[/quote]

I played against him when I was playing for the Midlands and have followed him ever since.

After the WC final in 2007 I thought, along with the SA coach, that Tait should be given an extended run at fullback in the white shirt, because he played a blinder when he came on. But it hasn't really happened, and Armitage has stepped up and done a fine job.

I'm not sure he's big enough to be a successful at centre - personally I'd have him in the 11,14,15 positions. But he's a talented player and it's a big opportunity for him to cement a place.

[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=38718.msg1048110#msg1048110 date=1265118958]
Kevin McLaughlin is the one new cap named in the Ireland team to play Italy this Saturday in Croke Park.
The 25 year old Leinster player will start his first international alongside David Wallace and Jamie Heaslip in the Ireland backrow in the opening game of the 2010 RBS 6 Nations Championship.

Andrew Trimble returns to the Ireland team after winning his last cap against England in Twickenham in March 2008 and he is named on the left wing.

Gordon D'Arcy renews his centre partnership with Brian O'Driscoll while Ronan O'Gara will earn his 94th cap, partnering Tomas O'Leary.

Jerry Flannery starts at hooker alongside John Hayes and Cian Healy while Rory Best is named in the replacements following his recovery from injury.

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v Italy, RBS 6 Nations Championship, Croke Park, Saturday February 6th, 2:30 p.m):

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:
16 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Sean O’Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
22 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)

Unavailable due to injury:
Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)

[/quote]

Pity Sexton's injured-

anybody know how long he's out for?

With Sexton injured why has Ian Humphries not been called into the squad?

Answers gratefully received.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=38718.msg1048115#msg1048115 date=1265119461]

[/quote]

I played against him when I was playing for the Midlands and have followed him ever since.

After the WC final in 2007 I thought, along with the SA coach, that Tait should be given an extended run at fullback in the white shirt, because he played a blinder when he came on. But it hasn't really happened, and Armitage has stepped up and done a fine job.

I'm not sure he's big enough to be a successful at centre - personally I'd have him in the 11,14,15 positions. But he's a talented player and it's a big opportunity for him to cement a place.
[/quote]

How did you get on against him?

He's one of the few English backs that i actually enjoy watching Squiggs. I don't think he was helped by being picked for England at such a young age, when he was clearly not ready (i bet Henson still gives him nightmares ;) ).

It looks quite a decent England team on paper.

Two-thirds of it does, but I'm not happy about the front five. The props don't particularly inspire my confidence, especially if Adam Jones is fit for your boys, and Johnno's persistence with Borthwick is his equivalent of Rafa's Lucas fixation.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=38718.msg1048138#msg1048138 date=1265121845]
Two-thirds of it does, but I'm not happy about the front five. The props don't particularly inspire my confidence, especially if Adam Jones is fit for your boys, and Johnno's persistence with Borthwick is his equivalent of Rafa's Lucas fixation.
[/quote]

It seems strange to say in an "England v Wales" game, but i think our front 5 is probably the stronger out of the two sides, with our half backs being the weak link.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=38718.msg1048134#msg1048134 date=1265121307]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=38718.msg1048115#msg1048115 date=1265119461]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How did you get on against him?

He's one of the few English backs that i actually enjoy watching Squiggs. I don't think he was helped by being picked for England at such a young age, when he was clearly not ready (i bet Henson still gives him nightmares ;) ).

It looks quite a decent England team on paper.
[/quote]

We drew.

He scored a couple, I got one, I think. We were actually targeting him with our 12, because he was fairly weak in the tackle.

But he's gone on to get a lot better and I too enjoy watching him, especially him destroying 7's teams single-handedly at times. I'm not a massive fan of Hipkiss or Flutey. They're too conventional and lacking in pace and creativity. Suitable sub's maybe - but I'm not convinced either are good enough for International Rugby.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=38718.msg1048132#msg1048132 date=1265120908]

Pity Sexton's injured-

[/quote]

It's a pity Ferris is out too. McLaughlin has been doing well for Leinster for a while now but you never know how lads will take to the international game so it'll be interesting to see how he goes.

When the Ireland A team was picked, with Wallace at 10, it was a clear indication as to where Keatley and Humphries stand in relation to the Irish squad. I read and listened to a few different experts this week, and not having watched much of Humphries I don't really have an opinion on it myself, but the general consensus amongst them seems to be that when he plays for Ulster he regularly gets babied defensively. Apparently on defensive set pieces Ulster often put him out wide and put a centre or flanker in his spot. That suggests he's not a competent defender, so they don't think he's suitable for the national side until he proves he can defend at 10. All that being said, we still pick ROG .......

Trimble's inclusion was a little surprising, I thought Earls would have gotten the nod. That said it's great to see him back on top of his game, I never knew the extent of his injury problems until I read an interview he did with the Indo last Saturday.

[/quote]

Pity Sexton's injured-

[/quote]

Sexton should be fit for the French game according to reports likewise with Ferris.
Having Wallace as replacement it appears Kidney doesn't rate Humphreys at all.

[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=38718.msg1048293#msg1048293 date=1265142420]

[/quote]

Pity Sexton's injured-

[/quote]

Sexton should be fit for the French game according to reports likewise with Ferris.
Having Wallace as replacement it appears Kidney doesn't rate Humphreys at all.
[/quote]

Wallace is cover for centre and outhalf. That's risky. And Humphries has been excellent when he's played for Ireland A, and obv. for Ulster this year, so I don't know what Kidney's problem could be.

[/quote]

If you ignore the Leigh Halfpenny try, then yes, Wales beat England last year without scoring a try.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=38718.msg1048346#msg1048346 date=1265149205]
Lee Byrne now cleared to play for us Taffs.
[/quote]

Bugger. ;D

Dallaglio's been quoted as making some fairly unvarnished comments on the Borthwick issue, drawing attention to the fact that the guy didn't even make the standby list for the Lions. Not exactly a fully paid-up member of the Johnson fan club then.

Back
Top Bottom