• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who is winning the superbowl this year?

Lombardi winner 2019

• New Orleans Saints

• LA Rams

• LA Chargers

• Chicago Bears

• Houston Texans

• Dallas Cowboys

• Kansas City Chiefs

• New England Patriots

• Seattle Seahawks

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ha. To be quite honest, I love that people hate on the Patriots - because we are winners. There is nothing else really to hate. We don't buy titles (the salary cap sees to that), we don't even have the best players really in any given position. We don't cheat*. We just know how to fucking get it done.

And Tom Brady is a hell of a model American too. How can you not love this dude.

*Any more than anyone else. Deflategate is a non issue. I'm sure people are checking the ball PSI regularly now and Tom still just goes out there and wins.

The cheat arguments. I hate the term Cheatriots. Pure jealousy.

Tuck Rule - everyone brings this up, as if Patriots cheated. Fact of the matter is, we were on the wrong side of the call earlier in the year (think it was vs Giants). Bill remembered it so challenged the call. It was only magnified because it was in the playoffs. And even Patriots thought it was a bullshit rule, so it was abolished that off season.

Spygate - fair cop, but if any one believes that other teams didn't do similar things. Or not STILL doing similar things, then it's naive at best. Who forgot to press delete?

Deflategate - Brady knew.. but again, we've probably had it done to us. You can see teams checking the ball much more now. Especially after Brady is picked.

Onto Patriots next year...

It's going to be an interesting off season for sure. Around 30% of the roster is hitting free agency + is Gronk going to retire.

As for key players, I don't think we will keep both T.Brown and Flowers. We may end up keeping neither, since open market value is between $15m-$20m per season for them.

I read it's a deep draft for offensive tackles. So it wouldn't surprise me at all that Brown is one and done with us. Flowers has got better and better over his 4 years with us, so would be gutted to see him go.

Like you say, we don't have the most talented roster. We do have the most coachable one tho. Hungry players eager to get 'paid'.

Im happy to say I hate them because they are the man utd of American football to our Liverpool.
Now we both have 6.

I hate that. I hate that a team who won nothing 15 years ago has fucking record equalling superbowls.

They earned it. They are THAT good.
But I dont fucking like it.

Worse still you are in FAR better shape to do a United and now take the actual lead.

And yes Tomlin is fucking Rafa the fucking blag artist.

Im happy to say I hate them because they are the man utd of American football to our Liverpool.
Now we both have 6.

I hate that. I hate that a team who won nothing 15 years ago has fucking record equalling superbowls.

They earned it. They are THAT good.
But I dont fucking like it.

Worse still you are in FAR better shape to do a United and now take the actual lead.

And yes Tomlin is fucking Rafa the fucking blag artist.
Will be interesting to see what happens with AB and Bell. You have players behind them though who are showing signs of being just as good. JuJu is phenomenal.

Best names of draft 2019.. I usually expect these from Rosco.. there are probably a few others out there.

Demarcus Christmas
Evan Butts
Sheldrick Redwine
Gardner Minshew
Soso Jamabo
Porter Gustin
Freedom Akinmoladun
Bunchy Stallings
Brock Ruble
Squally Canada
Shy Tuttle
Hamp Cheevers
Greedy Williams
Clifton Duck

And my personal favourite..

Rock Ya-Sin.

Ha. To be quite honest, I love that people hate on the Patriots - because we are winners. There is nothing else really to hate. We don't buy titles (the salary cap sees to that), we don't even have the best players really in any given position. We don't cheat*. We just know how to fucking get it done.

And Tom Brady is a hell of a model American too. How can you not love this dude.

*Any more than anyone else. Deflategate is a non issue. I'm sure people are checking the ball PSI regularly now and Tom still just goes out there and wins.

Why did Edelman miss the start of the season ?
He's on the TB12 program with Tom's dodgy trainer isn't he ?

Best names of draft 2019.. I usually expect these from Rosco.. there are probably a few others out there.

Demarcus Christmas
Evan Butts
Sheldrick Redwine
Gardner Minshew
Soso Jamabo
Porter Gustin
Freedom Akinmoladun
Bunchy Stallings
Brock Ruble
Squally Canada
Shy Tuttle
Hamp Cheevers
Greedy Williams
Clifton Duck

And my personal favourite..

Rock Ya-Sin.

I don't get most of them

I think hes saying dont claim you dont break the rules when you do.
Oh I don't think we don't break the rules - hence the asterisk and the footer at the bottom of the original post. Like I said back then, I just think that we don't do it any more than anyone else. We just have a bigger target on our arses.

Well that was Easy.

A823171B-C5FB-443B-8493-AEB4F4B8A7B2.png

I only pop in here once in a while - usually around Superbowl - but Tom Brady winning six titles is quite phenomenal. Is that a record? How fucking old is he?!

Also, how does anyone decide on who to support? The team the Pats were playing have bounced between LA and St Louis, and the only thing consistent is being called "The Rams". And where the fuck are the Raiders? Oakland? I don't even know where that is.

What happens if the "franchise" moves? Do you follow it, or switch support? It's dead weird.

Oncy has answered most of your questions. Agree on the franchise moving aspect. It is a really weird aspect of US sports. Main reason being sports franchises here expect the city to build them or pay a significant portion of a new stadium on taxpayer monies. If the city disagrees then they move to a location which offers them that deal. However, it is a bit of a complicated process as they have to get approval from other owners etc.

As for deciding whom to support. I took my time deciding which team to support. I started following college football for a number of years and then slowly started watching NFL. I picked Steelers mainly because I can identify myself with Pittsburgh. I have lived in several locations in the US and Pittsburgh was one city which I relate to closely - the working class background, the history etc. Also there is zero chance of Steelers moving their franchise elsewhere.

Ok I left this hoping someone else would answer as there is a lot going on in there, but it seems not.
So here we go (even though I doubt you will return to read this until next years superbowl)
Yes its phenomenal. Hes 41. But Belechick (head coach) is the talent. He plays the game to favour Brady, hes a genius, and Brady is brilliant enough to execute his brilliance in the field.
I cant speak for everyone but I decided on the Steelers for the same reason I decided on Liverpool, when I was very very young an Aunt (same one who bought me a liverpool shirt) visited the US and bought me a Pittsburgh T-shirt, this co-incided with channel 4 showing a game and that was it. I had to wait 20 years to win anything but have been lucky enough to see 2 superbowl wins in 2005 and 2008
Yeah the Rams left LA and went to St louis and returned a couple of years back.

Yeah the Raiders are in Oakland. Its near LA
I think.

I think fans follow their team.
Although I saw on the programmes around the London games them interviewing LOADS of fans in England who all said they would abandon their current allegiance if the Jacksonville Jaguars (as muted) move to London.

I wouldnt, although id probably get a season ticket and go to the games, I wouldnt change my team.

Kinda same as I follow Wycombe as I live round here.

Fans follow their team? When they move somewhere else? Surely not? There's no way those St Louis fans now support the LA version of the Rams. Are they left with NO team to actually support now?

Isn't the whole point to be able to go to the local stadium to watch your team play? You can't do that if they up sticks and fuck off to a different state. Or do you just hope some other franchise comes along?

Fans follow their team? When they move somewhere else? Surely not? There's no way those St Louis fans now support the LA version of the Rams. Are they left with NO team to actually support now?

Isn't the whole point to be able to go to the local stadium to watch your team play? You can't do that if they up sticks and fuck off to a different state. Or do you just hope some other franchise comes along?
I think the fans follow their teams a lot, I know for example that Seattle fans are great travelers and go to all away games. If you think in the regular season there are only 8 home games and 8 aways its not that much a leap to travel to all games.
4 hour flight from St Louis to LA is pretty much quicker than I can get to Anfield, and although the flight is probably $150 the match tickets are peanuts.
Im sure a lot of the fans chose to keep following the team even when they move. Especially as St Louis (eg) now have no team.
Whats the other option for an NFL fan? Switch allegiance to a local team? Hardly likely given how much they must hate Chicago and Indianapolis. Wouldnt you still be a Liverpool fan if the stadium moved to (i dunno) surrey? I think I would. I couldnt see me supporting Everton.

Anyway. I dunno, im sure a load of fans give up, but they seem to fill the stadium and considering the Los Angeles Chargers are already there and theres a FUCKLOAD of Raiders fans they are certainly being supported somehow.

Rams are a special case as they were in LA for nearly 50 years and moved to St Louis for 20 years. I highly doubt STL folks will still support the RAMS.

Normally, franchise moves are associated with a lot of hurt and anger from the fans perspective. Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis. Folks in Baltimore are pissed about this to this day. Espn did a documentary on it once. Later on, the Cleveland Browns owner moved the franchise to Baltimore in 1996. But I think Cleveland was given a new team in the NFL expansion and the Browns again started playing in Cleveland in 1999. The Sonics move from Seattle to OK City was very controversial. From whatever I know, most Sonic fans hate OK thunder now.

One of the reasons some of my friends, and to a certain extent me also, prefer college football is because there is no franchise moving aspect.

It also helps that in US, there are three major sports with well defined seasons with a college equivalent. I assume a lot of the RAMS fans would have been following Kansas State, Univ of Kansas, or Mizzou football as well and they will put in more energies onto that.

Don't forget too that, over here, because of the college game, many college fans follow their favourite college players through the draft and adopt the pro team that drafts them. They'll follow them around as they change teams too... I know several lads who change NFL allegiances as often as their fellow (insert college nickname here) change teams.

all's well mate - hope life is treating you well ... we just Oncy and I'm glad part of that vacuum has been filled by MR. Jason (the authentic one!)
Good to be back. Been too many years. Life’s good. Got three kids now...still trailing you in that department, though.

Back
Top Bottom