• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Zenit at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Down 2-0 ... We should have got something away, and Suarez will look to make amends for missing those chances. We're coming off a very good performance. We will come out guns blazing and try and overturn this ...

I think we should line up as follows:

-----------------------------------Reina-------------------------------------
GlenJo-------------Carra--------------Agger---------Enrique---------

-Downing------Gerrard--------Lucas-------Henderson--------------

--------------------------Suarez-----Sterling-----------------------------

It's a shame Sturridge and Coutinho can't play, I think we'd do it if they could. We'll struggle without them unless Suarez is on form.

I think your personel are about right, but not sure if they'll line up like that.

Best team, get an early goal and live in hope we don't concede in first half.

Need a display like we did against Juve a few years ago, Gerrard made a crunching tackle against Emerson in first 30 seconds, which set the tone for rest of the game.

Those were the days......

Without Sturridge in the side I can't see us doing it. Hope I'm wrong. Also think we'll concede. They are a decent side and if they score us getting 4 is not likely. Hopefully the crowd will lift the players, they'll realise just how important this is, and play to their ability instead of shitting out and going out with a whimper.

----------------------------------Suarez---------------------------
-----Sterling------Henderson------Gerrard----------Downing---
------------------------------------Lucas-------------------------
------Enrique-------Carragher---Skrtel------Johnson-------
-----------------------------------Reina--------------------------------------

The only other possibility I can think of is moving Enrique up to LW, like this:

----------------------------------Suarez---------------------------
-----Enrique------Henderson------Gerrard----------Downing---
------------------------------------Lucas-------------------------
------Johnson-------Agger----------- Carragher---------Wisdom
-----------------------------------Reina------------------------------------

There is some justification for it: Enrique has as good an understanding with Suarez as anyone in the team and he must be confident after scoring in the last game. But I would probably start with LTW's lineup. Such a shame, without Sturridge we lose maybe 30% of our attacking threat. Really hope Sterling can recapture some of his sparkling early-season form.

Actually, I like the Enrique idea, he's one of our most effective attacking players, so I'd definitely play him further up the pitch. We need goals.

I thought that, but felt that you limit Johnson's attacking game on the left and he's just as good offensively as Enrique. Also Johnson and Downing have a decent understanding down the right.

In a game where we need goals I think we should trust them to be attacking fullbacks, knowing when it's time to get forward and when it's time to defend. Most of the responsibility is down to the midfielders not giving the ball away cheaply when the FB's are trying to get forward.

Pushing Enrique further forward only makes sense to me if Wisdom can operate at LB.

----------------Reina----------------
Johnson-Carra-Agger-Enrique
---------------Hendo----------------
--------Gerrard---Shelvey-------
-Suso------Suarez-----Downing

If a Souness team containing Tanner & Walters can turn round a 2-0 deficit then it should be no problem for Brendan's army

An early goal will lift the team. As long as we score it of course ;)

I believe we can turn this around and create another magic European night at Anfield. We desperately need that result.

Lucas has just said there are tix still available for this one.......
Its half term.....im off work.....Mollys never been the game.......
SO TEMPTED to try and get two tix for me and the midget.

Lucas has just said there are tix still available for this one.......
Its half term.....im off work.....Mollys never been the game.......
SO TEMPTED to try and get two tix for me and the midget.

I really really hope Molly and the midget aint the one you usually watch the game with?? But I gyess your cock doesnt need its ticket...

Bollocks. I think you have to be a member or some shit.
Foiled.

Dont worry about it mate, its all got a bit complex.
Next time innit.
BERZERKER!!!

Remember when the Berzerker got booted out of the Royal Rumble a million years ago after a few minutes? Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom