• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solanke Sold 19 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen C

Well-Known
BREAKING NEWS
Bournemouth have completed the signing of striker Dominic Solanke from Liverpool.

I think £19m will look like great business when they sell him to Arsenal or Spurs for £40m in 3 years time. I wonder if Clyne was a bargaining chip in this deal.

Good move for Solanke and us. Hopefully we've got a nice sell on clause included.

Surprised by Clyne going... I know there are issues but I wouldn't have to rely on Fabinho or Milner there if worst came to worst.

A good fee for Dom, though a loan may have been better if he does have some potential. 9 million profit.

Brewster is getting back to full fitness, so can se him taking over dons role in the squad.

This makes me think we are buying someone else.

Nah

GettyImages-1067686726.jpg

This makes me think we are buying someone else.

Twittertwatter that we’re after Werner. But a summer move though.
Leipzig has told him to sign a new deal or move appaz. Contracted to 2020.

What in the actual fuck is that all about? Soz if I'm quiffing. I've got concussion after falling off my chair when I read this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46763610

35mill for Solanke and Ibe = Giggle Town. Seriously though he's hardly ever played for us or indeed the Chavs. 19mill is absurd! Happy to take it like.

Last edited:
Dont forget 8 mill for Brad Smith as well

The Brad Smith one was astonishing, because he ran down his contract, failed to interest another club, went cap in hand back to us, we gave him a new short-term contract, then we sold him about five months later for that amount. Luck as well as judgement in that little story, but we did good!

As for Solanke, as I said, I think we didn't behave that well from start to finish with him, and I do think he'll become a very good forward, but the deal is a good one. In a micro-managed, hyper-cautious way, I would have preferred us to have arranged a similar deal to Ings, loaning him now with a full transfer in the summer, simply so he wouldn't play against us this season (who knows what luck we may or may not need?). What happened to Solanke, though, is not an encouraging story for any other young kids we might want to sign. Brewster can't start soon enough for us.

Yeah, he came here on the premise that Klopp gives kids a chance and he would get an opportunity. I suppose he did, of sorts, but it was generally in chopped and changed sides when there was nothing on or in a cup game we couldn't be arsed going all out to win. His stock was constantly rising through International games, but he'd get no sort of reward for that recognition via the club. It's a bit similar to Woodburn too I guess.

I think it's a good move for Solanke, but I'm slightly concerned we're leaving ourselves short of options.

We're a Bobby injury away from relying on Sturridge to stay fit for an extended period of time. Which means we're a Bobby injury away from starting Divock Origi, in a title race .

I think it's a good move for Solanke, but I'm slightly concerned we're leaving ourselves short of options.

We're a Bobby injury away from relying on Sturridge to stay fit for an extended period of time. Which means we're a Bobby injury away from starting Divock Origi, in a title race .
As much as I liked solanke, us being an injured bobby away from starting solanke also doesn't fill me with confidence

That's about 100 million from Bournemouth and Palace combined for: Benteke, Sakho, Ibe, Smith and Solanke. Let's see if we can interest them in a bidding war for Moreno....

Great business for them. It looks clear from his u21 form he’s going to be a decent striker and in a market like the current one 19m isn’t much of a gamble.

If we have a decent sell on and buy back clause then it’s goos business for us.

I’m more concerned by Clyne leaving to be honest.

Hopefully this means we are getting someone in this Jan up top of that Brewster is ready to play

The Brad Smith one was astonishing, because he ran down his contract, failed to interest another club, went cap in hand back to us, we gave him a new short-term contract, then we sold him about five months later for that amount. Luck as well as judgement in that little story, but we did good!

As for Solanke, as I said, I think we didn't behave that well from start to finish with him, and I do think he'll become a very good forward, but the deal is a good one. In a micro-managed, hyper-cautious way, I would have preferred us to have arranged a similar deal to Ings, loaning him now with a full transfer in the summer, simply so he wouldn't play against us this season (who knows what luck we may or may not need?). What happened to Solanke, though, is not an encouraging story for any other young kids we might want to sign. Brewster can't start soon enough for us.

Interesting that you put it like that. I always thought LFC have invested long and hard into developing youth talent. It's to our credit that we do. Look at Chelsea who are fucking shit at it. I, of course trust your opinion in such matters but it's a dog eat dog world and to survive and win trophies sometimes you have to cull in order to get some revenue returns. I don't like it but I guess that's modern football. I wish everyone that passes through our door go on to have a great career (just so long as it isn't against us) Look at what a clusterfuck Maureen made of the talent he had at his disposal. Nothing like that has happened to us. You could argue Walsh, Maybe even Sterling, Beardsley. Personally I'm happy to let him go and got 19mill.... Well.... That's ace. :)

When people talk about fulfilling potential - what does that mean for Solanke ?

Will he score 20 in a league campaign once ?
Lots of times ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom