• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solanke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
Just a quick one... have we ever done a club so scandalously as we have over this chump?

I was never a fan, as if you ever gave him a passing glance you could tell he was just a rubbish footballer. But despite that, and after 21 appearances for us and 1 goal, we still managed to get £25m. Twenty-Five MILLION pounds. He even got capped by England.

Now, after 31 Premier League appearances in all and a grand total of 1 premier league goal (that's a poor ratio for a defender, nevermind a club's number 9 striker), he can't get a game at Bournemouth.

It's times like these I wonder how people in football don't see the obvious. Best bit of transfer business we've ever done?

In fact, it's even worse than that... since he moved to us, then subsequently moved to Bournemouth, he's made 37 first team appearances and scored one goal. And that one goal was a bit of a fluke/wonder strike from what I can remember. Poor the Bournemouth.

Haven’t we sold a few players to Bournemouth over the last few years? Ibe and Smith?

Source players from Southampton, sell our duds to Bournemouth.

Love both those clubs.
Bournemouth more so after today.

Ibe was probably worse. I remember i used to be high on him when he was first coming up but man, he’s been terrible.

Ibe was probably worse. I remember i used to be high on him when he was first coming up but man, he’s been terrible.

Ibe showed the occasional flash with us but we did well to get as much for him as we did.

Solanke was just poor all around.

When he signed for us a number of Chelsea fans were up in arms about it, he did well for England U-21s when they won their World Cup and he got me on his side in a pre-season game (against Barcelona?) when that yarddog Vidal began throwing his weight around, only for Solanke to muscle in and push him away like he was a paper bag. It didn't work out for him on the field with us, but I wish him well and hope he comes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom