• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Southampton vs Liverpool 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Really need to get to winning and this Southampton team will attack us which should help.

Thiago straight in please, he was superb when he came on.

Thiago won’t start. I doubt he’d start against villa but will against the scum.

Yep. I think I counted 4/4. His stats at Bayern suggested as much though. HIs timing must be near perfect because he's only 1.74

Not just his leap, but his strength as nearly all of them someone was jumping into him.

I expected him to crumble.

Meh. Don't care anymore. Not even in a "we're shit, fuck them all!" kinda way (obviously we're not shit). I'm just not really feeling footy this year, as previously mentioned.

But yeah, more dropped points. This one will be a loss. Not a draw like the others.

----------------Allison--------------
Trent--Williams--Fabs--Robbo
---------------Thiago---------------
---------Henderson--Gini--------
--Salah------Firmino------Mane
I'm not sure about Thiago at 6. Yes of course he can play it, and be ace, however against Newcastle Hendo was sitting deeper and Thiago then had the space to go forward and play those defence annihilating little chips with the accuracy of a darts world champion without having to worry as much re. defensive duties (though he still got involved).

SOUTHAMPTON
PREDICTED XI (4-4-2):
McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Romeo, Walcott; Ings, Adams
UNAVAILABLE: Vestergaard (Injured)
QUESTIONABLE: Redmond (Injured)

Vestergaard missing is a real bonus for us. Decent defender, excellent header of the ball but plays numerous very accurate VvD-esque balls out of defence direct to his forwards.

Hoping Thiago starts this and just gets subbed early if he needs easing in.

i would prefer to see Rhys against Ings & Adams as Nat seems a lot slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom