• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard & Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamie.... it’s a 50/50 chance to win the league regardless of how bad or how good you are.

I’m sure you’re aware of the last manager to win the SPL outside of The old firm.

Let me put into context... the last time a non Old Firm team won the SPL, we, as in Liverpool fans, were looking forward to a European Cup Final against Juventus at Hysel.

If that doesn’t clinch it.

Everton have been Champions of England more recently than a non-old Firm team has been champions of Scotland.

So... a really shit season for Celtic is finishing second and getting beaten by anyone other than Rangers in either of the domestic cups.

Being shit in Europe is a (Shay) given.
50/50 lol.

If Everton win the league again before a non old firm side win the SPL then it should liquidate itself.

Dreamie - it’s been 36 years since Aberdeen were the last non-old firm side to win the league.

In those 36 years - Celtic have won the league 18 times.

Do I need to tell you how many times Rangers have won the league in those 36 years?
There maybe only two teams that can win it but one is a huge fav over the other.

Rangers 8/15
Celtic 6/4

Aberdeen 80/1 if you want an outsider, can they even be classed as an outsider?

E9v3E_6WEAUVjw5

Feels like both Scottish teams and Leicester have tough groups (using only name recognition as my 'research'), and West Ham should be ok..?

Good game, Celtic missed some good chances and Rangers were much better second half.

Has Ange won an away game yet?

I read somewhere that Celtic haven’t won an away game since February- that has to be bullshit, surely?

Has Ange won an away game yet?

I read somewhere that Celtic haven’t won an away game since February- that has to be bullshit, surely?
Nah they won their qualification game a couple of weeks ago away from home.

So good you had to reply twice.

Differently.

Have they won away from home domestically since Feb?

They’ve lost their first 2 league away games this season - or is it 3?

So good you had to reply twice.

Differently.

Have they won away from home domestically since Feb?

They’ve lost their first 2 league away games this season - or is it 3?
Internet issues…

Correct 7 games no wins.

2 losses to Rangers 2 other losses and 3 draws.

The worst start to a league season in 23 years. No domestic away wins in seven months. Six losses out of seven on the road in all competitions this season. A fourth defeat in five games.

The statistics do not make pleasant reading for Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou, with the 1-0 reverse at Livingston leaving his side languishing in sixth place in the Scottish Premiership after six games.

Yet, throughout the campaign last season Celtic only lost five league games - three of which were to Rangers. They have now suffered three defeats already this season. Alarmingly they have not won away from home domestically since 14 February. That's nine games, six of those defeats.

Yep. Clearly Ange Postecoglou is the elite manager Dreamy believes him to be. He won't last the season, though to be honest who the hell are Celtic going to go for if he is the best they could get first time around? Has to be a former player.

The worst start to a league season in 23 years. No domestic away wins in seven months. Six losses out of seven on the road in all competitions this season. A fourth defeat in five games.

The statistics do not make pleasant reading for Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou, with the 1-0 reverse at Livingston leaving his side languishing in sixth place in the Scottish Premiership after six games.

Yet, throughout the campaign last season Celtic only lost five league games - three of which were to Rangers. They have now suffered three defeats already this season. Alarmingly they have not won away from home domestically since 14 February. That's nine games, six of those defeats.

Yep. Clearly Ange Postecoglou is the elite manager Dreamy believes him to be. He won't last the season, though to be honest who the hell are Celtic going to go for if he is the best they could get first time around? Has to be a former player.
We’ll see.

Would be a serious gamble.

I actually watched that video you posted of the Neville interview.

He wants to manage again and is free.

He can’t do any worse than Ange is doing or Lennon did, and he’d at least might attract decent players and command the respect of players there - in much the same way Gerrard has at Rangers.

Ange is out of his depth there.. he’d have been better cutting his teeth at a mid-table Championship side that would give him time and space to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom