• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suárez return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Rumour mill says he wants to come back.

Would you take him at 32?

I think he’d fit into our style perfectly anywhere across the front 3 but most definitely as a rotation with Firmino.

He would be a good option for bringing on as a sub. On the condition that he doesn't bite nor racially abuse anyone.

I would take him if he is a freebie which I doubt he is, as his current contract ends in 2022

He wouldn’t bite anyone. He only used that to get the moves he wanted.

Notice he hasn’t done it at Barca.

If he's OK with a bench role and 100k less a week. Sure.

Thats why it wont happen though. Hes supposedly on £290k a week at Barca for another 2.5 years. Given that hes clearly declining in ability and hed be 33 during this season the club isnt going to offer him a long enough contract on a high enough wage for him to consider it.

Thats why it wont happen though. Hes supposedly on £290k a week at Barca for another 2.5 years. Given that hes clearly declining in ability and hed be 33 during this season the club isnt going to offer him a long enough contract on a high enough wage for him to consider it.
Maybe a short enough contract on high enough wages? He’d be worth it.

Of course you’d take him back...

...on a free with Barca paying a chunk of his wages (let’s work out something over the money owed for Coutinho).

At the very least - we still have to play Norwich away - that’s about 4 goals guaranteed from him!!!

Just realised Suarez's scoring rate for Barcelona is better than Messi's. Since he moved there, he's scored more goals than Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and David Villa. He's scored more goals for them than any other player bar Messi for more than FIFTY years.

Simply staggering, and I think there's no argument at all he's been the third best player on the planet in this last decade. Remarkable player.

I'd absolutely take him, even aged 32.

Maybe a short enough contract on high enough wages? He’d be worth it.

We'd have to give him a 3 year deal on $300k a week for it to be worth his while. Thats just never going to happen, thats a Man Utd signing. Hes not the player that he was 5 years ago, Barca are trying to get rid of him cos nobody wants a 35 year old on the books for £15m a year.

When he did negotiate that contract? His agent played a blinder.

Just realised Suarez's scoring rate for Barcelona is better than Messi's. Since he moved there, he's scored more goals than Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and David Villa. He's scored more goals for them than any other player bar Messi for more than FIFTY years.

Simply staggering, and I think there's no argument at all he's been the third best player on the planet in this last decade. Remarkable player.

I'd absolutely take him, even aged 32.

That'd be great if it was true.

Messi has scored 176 goals in 177 games (league) since Suarez got there.

Suarez has scored 134 in 168.

Unless you mean something else?

That'd be great if it was true.

Messi has scored 176 goals in 177 games (league) since Suarez got there.

Suarez has scored 134 in 168.

Unless you mean something else?
The stats I saw were Suarez 180 goals in 191 games.

Messi has 603 goals in 690 games, which is fucking insane of course.

So that's incorrect after seeing a few sources. Suarez does have 180 goals, but in 253 appearances.

Dont read too much into those Spanish stats, they would not get that many goals in our league...not consistently every season anyway.

Dont read too much into those Spanish stats, they would not get that many goals in our league...not consistently every season anyway.

Yeah Messi would never score in England ....., Oh but Ronaldo would be shit ... Ah well Suarez, he'd have no chance ....

Total fucking bollocks

Yeah Messi would never score in England ....., Oh but Ronaldo would be shit ... Ah well Suarez, he'd have no chance ....

Total fucking bollocks
Not its not, they would never score season after season at the rate they have been doing in Spain.

Same as we give others : subsidised. If Barca want rid and to save some money then us paying £100-150k and Barca picking up the balance of his salary could work.

That’s how I thought these sales work. If a player doesn’t request the move the selling club picks up the difference in wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom