• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suárez return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the flak Aspas gets for his time at Liverpool - I enjoy watching him running the show at Celta Vigo.

He has a brilliant goal scoring record for them.

He's been the best Spanish striker for the past 2 seasons.

In regards to Suarez returning - can't see it happening under Klopp.

Come on there are lots of strikers who were shit hot in Spain and simply couldnt cut it in the premier league. Negredo, Falcao, Morientes, Forlan, Aspas, Soldado.

Even the likes of Suarez and Ronaldo who were prolific in both leagues are indicative of the difference. Ronaldos best premier league season he got 31 goals, his best in Spain was 48. For Suarez its 31 in the PL and 40 in la Liga, thats in a team where he didnt take the penalties or free kicks.

There's an awful lot of bilge in this thread. Someone said Messi wouldn't score as many goals in the Premier League as he does in Spain, and a bunch of eejits have interpreted it as "Messi is shite" and gone off on one.

You know if he came here & scored 30 goals a season for 5 seasons in a row, that would be a fucking awesome record, but not as many as he's scored in Spain,

Forlan was unfairly labeled rubbish.

He matured into a great striker.
Yeah, I'm being a bit mischievous. I don't think he was unfairly labelled at United. He didn't start well, and the pressure just grew and grew. At that time in united he wasn't going to get forever to develop. He turned into a great player, an excellent creative/ hardworking partner in a front 2. I would have had him for us in a minute despite his previous history.

If he played for free, and prostrated himself before Robbo then I'd think about it. He's a supreme cunt, and he's not the same player he was. He showed exactly how much love he has for our club over the two ties with Barca. None. No restraint in his celebration, no respect for our players or our support. That's fine, it is who he is, but fuck him quite frankly.

I didn't really mind the celebration, especially as it was at the Nou Camp, but the kick on Robbo and his general shithousery at Anfield were infuriating. If he was free on a year's contract I think it would be a no brainer but at 32 with a cost plus ridiculous wages it's not worth it at all.

Does the same thought process work for Salah and playing in Italy? There is just too many variables when comparing players scoring records in different leagues. Ronaldo changed his body to full on beast mode whilst at Madrid. That could explain his tremendous record there whilst not scoring as many in the Premier League. Or he just got better as he became more experienced.

Does the same thought process work for Salah and playing in Italy? There is just too many variables when comparing players scoring records in different leagues. Ronaldo changed his body to full on beast mode whilst at Madrid. That could explain his tremendous record there whilst not scoring as many in the Premier League. Or he just got better as he became more experienced.
I didn't ever take PED's. Ever. At all. Honest.

It's a fair point though, look at Aspas FFS.

1 goal whilst he was here, 20 last season in La Liga, 22 the season before, 19 the season before that!

Again it’s variables. Minutes played, team set up, taking set pieces and so on.

Coming out with Messi couldn’t do it in our league is just plain stupid. He’d take most yard dog defenders to the cleaners.

Again it’s variables. Minutes played, team set up, taking set pieces and so on.

Coming out with Messi couldn’t do it in our league is just plain stupid. He’d take most yard dog defenders to the cleaners.
Messi could do it in any league, such is his mercurial talent.

When you're looking at a 32 year old Suarez though, it's fair to say that wondering if he'd have the same success in the Premier League at this age as opposed to La Liga is worth pondering, if we're look at the hypothetical situation at all seriously.

I'd still take him, but I can't help wondering how much of my opinion is coloured by my nostalgia, cos the Suarez we had here would be ideal for this side.

When you're looking at a 32 year old Suarez though, it's fair to say that wondering if he'd have the same success in the Premier League at this age as opposed to La Liga is worth pondering, if we're look at the hypothetical situation at all seriously.

I'd still take him, but I can't help wondering how much of my opinion is coloured by my nostalgia, cos the Suarez we had here would be ideal for this side.

The thing is he doesn’t need to score 30 goals. He just needs to be a great option along with our front three and be better than our bench which he would be by a country fuckin mile. And most importantly could help us land the league. So he’s very much worth it

Reasonable question. But, one of the unique things about Suarez as a forward was that he had average speed. There were umpteen breakaways where a CB caught him quite easily. So, I worry less about age effecting his speed. His game was never based on that. It was all guile and effort.

I’d happily take him. He’d be an ideal replacement or bench option for any of our front 3. He wouldn’t be expected to play 90 minutes week in week out but can easily contribute for 18 months or further depending on fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom