• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Clear Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
It seems due to not qualifying for the CL the amount Klopp will receive for transfers will be slashed.
If you were Klopp who would you think about selling.
Thiago - a year left, will save £12m on salaries even if we released him, but I think someone would pay £10m
Gomez - just not good enough £30m
Matip - old and injury prone £10m
Adrian - release
Tyler Morton - according to Blackburn rovers fans wasn't good enough. £15m

I reckon last preseason will feel like Prequel Star Wars triology to this season’s Sequel Star Wars trilogy …with a certain rabid fan base constantly whining that anything short of original trilogy Star Wars will not do.

Basically… after putting up with Anakin whining about sand we wanted Luke & Vader and all we got was Emo Kylo and Palps in a red velvet shirt.

Does a thread get automatically closed if no one’s posted in it for like sayyyyy a month?

Out:
Kelleher
Gomez
Hendo
Elliott
Carvalho
Jones (if we can get a good offer)

100m from those would be welcomed and needed.

Out:
Kelleher
Gomez
Hendo
Elliott
Carvalho

Damn, talk about not pulling any punches...

I like it.

But I'd give Harvey and Carvey another year or two. They don't cost us anything.
Hendo will never be sold. He's gonna join Sunderland for free probably. Also, who's gonna buy him?

Damn, talk about not pulling any punches...

I like it.

But I'd give Harvey and Carvey another year or two. They don't cost us anything.
Hendo will never be sold. He's gonna join Sunderland for free probably. Also, who's gonna buy him?
Yeah damn. Damn how much deadwood we have left in the squad to get rid of.

There’s been enough chances for everyone (except maybe Fabio), we need a massive rebuilding job. Midfield and defence is done.

Out:
Kelleher
Gomez
Hendo
Elliott
Carvalho

That leaves us with £100m and a squad of 15 senior players which includes Thiago & Matip and you’ve sold all our homegrown players other than Trent & Nat Phillips

You should probably think that through again…

We’d need a goalkeeper, 2 CB’s, 5 midfielders, with pretty much all of them being homegrown and with £100m to spend.

Of course Modo would get excited about selling all the English players!!!

That leaves us with £100m and a squad of 15 senior players which includes Thiago & Matip and you’ve sold all our homegrown players other than Trent & Nat Phillips

You should probably think that through again…

We’d need a goalkeeper, 2 CB’s, 5 midfielders, with pretty much all of them being homegrown and with £100m to spend.

Oh shit I left out Nat, he has to go as well. Obvs. 110m then.

Wasn't joking when I said we need an overhaul. That means 5-6 out and 5-6 in.

Homegrown, who cares about homegrown. We only need a 21-22 man squad with 4-5 homegrown players.

Tyler Morton not good enough for Blackburn… 15M.

Schmadness.
£90m for Rice and £85m for Mount, both with one year left. I'm reflecting the insanity in the transfermarket. Morton has qualities that make him worth £15m

When they're all shit or past it, why wouldn't you?

Which is fine if you have or can afford replacements - otherwise the rest of us will have spend a season listening to you whining about not having a big enough squad to compete.

I don’t want to spend my time listening to you whining if that’s ok.

Which is fine if you have or can afford replacements - otherwise the rest of us will have spend a season listening to you whining about not having a big enough squad to compete.

I don’t want to spend my time listening to you whining if that’s ok.

If we have to bring a few players in for 10-20m then so be it, to compete we need to ship out the deadwood and be active in the market.....it's not that difficult.

Having a full squad full of shit then you're not going to compete are you? Rather a 20-21 man squad where all of them have quality.

If we have to bring a few players in for 10-20m then so be it, to compete we need to ship out the deadwood and be active in the market.....it's not that difficult.

Having a full squad full of shit then you're not going to compete are you? Rather a 20-21 man squad where all of them have quality.

Right… we’ll let’s do sone maths here.

We’ve been whining on about how we don’t have a good or big enough squad to cope - based on certain individuals being crap or constantly injured.

So, our starting point is this :

GK : Alisson - OS
GK : Kelleher - HG
GK: Adrian - OS
DF : TAA - HG
DF : Robbo - OS
DF : Tsimikas - OS
DF : Virgil - OS
DF : Konate - OS
DF : Matip - OS
DF : Gomez - HG
DF : Phillips - HG
MF : Fabs - OS
MF : Hendo - HG
MF : Thiago - OS
FW : Jota - OS
FW : Nunez - OS
FW : Gakpo - OS
FW : Diaz - OS
FW : Salah - OS

That’s a squad of 19, 6 short of what we can register - but only allowing for 3 OS players to be added.

Curtis Jones, Van den Berg, Leighton Clarkson, Adam Lewis, Paul Glaetzer, Rhys Williams, Jaros, Jack Bearne & Arroyo all have to be added to the squad, loaned or sold.

Realistically - Jones gets added, but the rest will likely get cut - maybe VdB & Clarkson to fill out the squad - all would be HG apart from Arroyo.

Harvey, Carvalho, Morton, Ramsay, Bradley & BadgerTits have another year at least as youths, so don’t need to be registered - all, apart from Ramsey (it’s a grey area with him) will be HG.

So… right now, we could sign 3 new OS players, add them to the squad without having to sell anyone - and we could add Jones, VdB & Clarkson to fill things out - if they’re considered good enough.

We could retain a whole pile of the kids in the event we need them - and have them wasting away on the bench when the could be getting valuable playing time somewhere else on loan.

So… no… I don’t think it’s a good fucking idea to hollow out 5 or 6 players, mostly homegrown from our squad of 19 (+ Jones), meaning we have to buy 5 or 6 new players on top of the 3 or 4 we already need.

We could shift Matip without it really mattering & maybe Thiago if we have other MFs coming in.

If we need to shift fringe players that are would likely just about pay for their replacement, then Phillips, Gomez & Tsimikas are the options, with Kelleher likely being able to bring in a profit.

If we want to sell core players that would have to be replaced directly, with no profit generated after an additional replacement over and above what we need is brought in - then Robbo, Fabs and well… take your pick of one of Jota, Nunez, Diaz or Gakpo.

If we want to go ballistic - Alisson, Trent, Virgil or Mo.

I’d put Jones, Harvey, Konate, BadgerTits & Carvalho (just about) in the “do not sell” basket.

Hendo is leaving on a free when his contract ends - he’s earned it - make your peace with it.

Please…. can we not do the “let’s sell loads of players and sign replacements for fantasy sums” please - it doesn’t stack up.

We need at least 2 good midfielders & a couple of squadies - that’s our budget spent - we can get another 1 decent player, maybe 2, by selling some fringe/youth players - anything else isn’t worth it - it’s just fulfilling fan fantasy.

Those 6 I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of tomorrow, 4 happen to be HG.....so what big deal. We should be looking at around 100-110m for those players.....whilst also saving a huge chunk in wages.

So from 19 we go 13 (12 being OS).....this allows us to sign a max of 5 more OS players. (Grav/Macallister/Kone/Thuram/Timber) ... total spend 210m

Add Jones as he's done enough last 2-3 months to earn his squad place.....so we now have an 19 man squad (17 OS and 2 HG) + the likes of Morton Ramsey Bajcetic Bradley Elliott etc

Maybe sign 1 more HG player for 10m or so or find a free signing and that's the squad I'd be happy to go into next season with.

Not interested in 25 man squads or filling the "HG quota", fuck that bollocks off.

19/20 we won the league with basically 15 players. The first XI which played virtually 95% of the games + Adrian Matip Milner Ox and Origi.

Those 6 I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of tomorrow, 4 happen to be HG.....so what big deal. We should be looking at around 100-110m for those players.....whilst also saving a huge chunk in wages.

So from 19 we go 13 (12 being OS).....this allows us to sign a max of 5 more OS players. (Grav/Macallister/Kone/Thuram/Timber) ... total spend 210m

Add Jones as he's done enough last 2-3 months to earn his squad place.....so we now have an 19 man squad (17 OS and 2 HG) + the likes of Morton Ramsey Bajcetic Bradley Elliott etc

Maybe sign 1 more HG player for 10m or so or find a free signing and that's the squad I'd be happy to go into next season with.

Not interested in 25 man squads or filling the "HG quota", fuck that bollocks off.

19/20 we won the league with basically 15 players. The first XI which played virtually 95% of the games + Adrian Matip Milner Ox and Origi.

See.. fan fantasy with no basis in actual reality.

We’re not starting the season with Curtis Jones & Harvey Elliot as our most experienced midfielders and signing - what, are we up to now in your head, 5 new midfielders - while leaving Van Dijk, Konate & Matip as our only senior CB’s at a projected loss of, even using your fantasy figure, £100m+.

You’re back to being part of the BiBlueMoronVanomial collective.

Maybe splash some water on your face or drop a few ice cubes down your ass crack or something to wake yourself up.

How is it fantasy though? 5-6 players out and 4-5 in after years of doing nothing isn't exactly what I'd call fantasy.

If we haven't learned our lesson than to start with Fab and Hendo next season then something is seriously wrong and I question where we're going as a club.

FYI - Timber plays in defence not in midfield.

If we pull the finger out our arses and start planning ahead there's no reason why we shouldn't end up with a squad similar to the above...it's going to take a bit of work sure but shouldn't be that much to ask for.

How is it fantasy though? 5-6 players out and 4-5 in after years of doing nothing isn't exactly what I'd call fantasy.

If we haven't learned our lesson than to start with Fab and Hendo next season then something is seriously wrong and I question where we're going as a club.

FYI - Timber plays in defence not in midfield.

If we pull the finger out our arses and start planning ahead there's no reason why we shouldn't end up with a squad similar to the above...it's going to take a bit of work sure but shouldn't be that much to ask for.

Because we’ve just shifted 4 squad players (and Arthur) out - we need to replace them before we start flogging off everyone else in sight.

Because we’re not likely to get £100-110m for the players you want to sell.

Because the players you want to buy are going to likely cost more than £210m

Because the owners are unlikely to magic up the likely £150m deficit.

Because we aren’t starting with a squad of 19 players.

Because we aren’t only going to have only 2 home grown players in our squad.

That’s why.

Because we’ve just shifted 4 squad players (and Arthur) out - we need to replace them before we start flogging off everyone else in sight.

Because we’re not likely to get £100-110m for the players you want to sell.

Because the players you want to buy are going to likely cost more than £210m

Because the owners are unlikely to magic up the likely £150m deficit.

Because we aren’t starting with a squad of 19 players.

Because we aren’t only going to have only 2 home grown players in our squad.

That’s why.

They weren't shifted, their contracts were up. Shifting requires a little more activeness than that.

Bobby's replacement has been found, the others didn't really contribute much at all.....Jones/Morton/Baj could quite easily handle the minutes they played between them. The ones that need replacing are the first teamers who can no longer cover the blade of grass.....Fab Hendo and Thiago. What help is it to us if they all leave for nothing?

£100m is very likely, that's you being pessimistic. Kelleher Gomez Fab Hendo Thiago fetch £100m.

The players we've been linked with would tally up to £210m yes, these are not made up figures.

Trimming the squad down = lot of wages freed up = more chance owners stomp up that bit extra.

19-20 man squad is all you need when you also have the u21s coming through that we do.

Look at last season for example.....we submitted a 23 man squad, could've easily gone into the season without Adrian Melo Naby and Ox, so a 19 man squad....and be no worst off.

Read the room mate - our recruitment team’s buggered - just because sone fuckeitbon Teitter links us to everyone under the sun doesn’t mean we’re signing them.

My guess is we’ll have a net spend of negative £50m after sales - if we’re lucky we’ll sign 2 good midfielders and plus a few kids or cheap squadies that will be hit or miss, but might retain sell on value.

If we’re really lucky - we might squeeze a 3rd player out of the budget.

A bit like just about every other season.

Then FSG need to go.

If they and the board don't want to do the work....then what the fuck are they here for?

LFC isn't a game. I don't think the fans are gonna accept another 4-5 years out the CL like before....do you?

They weren't shifted, their contracts were up. Shifting requires a little more activeness than that.

Bobby's replacement has been found, the others didn't really contribute much at all.....Jones/Morton/Baj could quite easily handle the minutes they played between them. The ones that need replacing are the first teamers who can no longer cover the blade of grass.....Fab Hendo and Thiago. What help is it to us if they all leave for nothing?

£100m is very likely, that's you being pessimistic. Kelleher Gomez Fab Hendo Thiago fetch £100m.

The players we've been linked with would tally up to £210m yes, these are not made up figures.

Trimming the squad down = lot of wages freed up = more chance owners stomp up that bit extra.

Kelkeher fetches £20m on a good day
So does Gomez on a very good day
Fabs after last season - £30m would be generous
Thiago - £10m would be generous.
No-one’s paying anything for Hendo.

Mon a good day it’s £90m - but likely lower.

Meanwhile, the 5 you want are likely to cost closer to £250m.

Jones had a great last quarter - hope it continues - but he’s as injury prone as Thiago & Keita - so, there’s that.

Morton - can he make the step up or does he need another loan.

BadgerTits’s injury record isn’t great either - but yes he looked good - but let’s let the lad develop a bit.

Keep Hendo because - look if you don’t see the point of keeping the guy while we’re rebuilds midfield then I can’t help you. Does he need to play every game - no, and he won’t.

Thiago… meh… sell if anyone actually wants to buy him - feel like there won’t - so he can be another veteran to give experience.

We’re getting fuck all for those 2 and their experience is better utilised at the club while we bed in a couple of new midfielders.

Despite his season, I’d be reluctant to sell Fabs either - until we are sure we have a replacement - he’s got a few more years left - keep him and phase him out - sell and replace next year.

Fabs, BadgerTits, Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Harvey + 2 new midfielders with Carvalho & Morton going on loan.

A CB would be nice.

Sell Clarkson, Kelleher (if we need to), Phillips, Van den Berg and maybe Matip to fund it.

Continuity, new blood, development.. and we’ll be a better, stronger team without fucking ourselves over by culling over half the entire squad.

You just have to accept you can’t get all the shiny new things you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom