• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson (will probably be asked to be sold if we DLP, as he would not want to be a bench warmer)

Highly unlikely I think.

Especially if Emre Can goes.

He'll stay and he'll play plenty of games just like he has this season with Can being here.

Might not be guaranteed first choice, but Klopp likes him, he's captain and I can't see him going, nor should he really.

Reports from supposedly trustworthy Brazilian journals say that Alisson told his agent that he wants to join Liverpool. Same journo also says the talks are in a more advanced stage with LFC than other suitors.

Ace, hope that's true.

Reports from supposedly trustworthy Brazilian journals say that Alisson told his agent that he wants to join Liverpool. Same journo also says the talks are in a more advanced stage with LFC than other suitors.
Apparently he has been spotted at a chippy in Blackpool

OK, it’s only February, but already the pace of the transfer gossip is picking up to the point I feel I need to try to make some sense of it in my usual thread. As usual, I try to include only players who have been more or less credibly linked with us; Portuguese and Italian newspapers are mostly disregarded as sources.

Goalkeepers:
Alisson (AS Roma, asking price £70M)
Oblak (Atletico Madrid, €100M release clause)
Butland (Stoke)

Centre-backs:
De Vrij (Lazio, free)

Full-backs:
We don’t seem to be in the market for one, for once

Central midfielders:
Ndidi (Leicester)
Wanyama (Spurs)
Doucoure (Watford)
Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio, asking £70M+)
Jorginho (Napoli)

Attacking midfielders/wingers:
Lemar (Monaco, £90M asking price)
Pulisic (Dortmund, £80M+)
Maddison (Norwich)

Centre-forwards:
Werner (Leipzig)

I think Real Madrid players should be in a separate category. If any of Isco, Ascensio, Keylor Navas etc become available, I think there will be a long line of suitors and LFC probably among them - but their availability depends solely on Madrid’s internal politics and their own summer targets. So unlike most of the others on this list, Real players are not really “on the market,” but things could change quickly, so you can’t rule them out either.

Did I forget anyone?

=========
UPD: I added the color-coding like last summer, to show my very preliminary and imprecise assessment of whether the player in question would be an immediate improvement over the current LFC players in his position. Remember, it refers to current level, not potential. Red for instant improvement, orange for competitive, yellow for squad player, green for youth player.
Perennial link that never goes away
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/excitement-grows-marco-reus-come-14341984

All this talk about Alderweireld on the move.. we should be VERY interested. Him and Virgil could be a tasty partnership of absolute highest calibre.

Oh and elsewhere there are talks about a potential swap deal between FC Barcelona and PSG, sending Coutinho + money to Paris and Kylian Mbappe to Catalonia. Neymar and Kylian are rumoured to be not good friends but Coutinho is his BFF, so... Apparently. All very silly.

All this talk about Alderweireld on the move.. we should be VERY interested. Him and Virgil could be a tasty partnership og absolute highest calibre.

Oh and elsewhere there are talks about a potential swap deal between FC Barcelona and PSG, sending Coutinho + money to Paris and Kylian Mbappe to Catalonia. Neymar and Kylian are rumoured to be not good friends but Coutinho is his BFF, so... Apparently. All very silly.
Have to agree, unfortunately I think United will get him.

I don't trust anyone but this guy when it comes to Allison news

J4Br8NVY_400x400.jpg

Have to agree, unfortunately I think United will get him.

United are signing quality players but the problem is they have a manager who won't get the best out of their attacking players and he is buying older players which is going to mean whoever takes over from him, when he inevitably leaves after a few years (because he always does), the new manager will inherit a very old squad on the decline - probably part of Mourinho's tactic to make him look better when he leaves... just like Slur Alex did with the poor squad he left when he retired.

Sanchez, Matic, Zlatan type signings who are 29+ in age. Playing players like Ashley Young over Luke Shaw. Rashford / Martial getting shoved down the pecking order due to Sanchez etc coming is really denting their future as their bright young talents are not developing. Then again Jose doesn't really do young players, he buys for the now - as he knows he won't be there in the future to get the full benefits of Rashford, Shaw etc.

I really don't mind Man U signing quality players if they are all fairly old like Sanchez, Matic etc. As they don't look close to winning the league anytime soon with City thriving and Mourinho is just going to make the club have a bigger problem when he leaves. Old players, on massive wages, the youth not developed and although they can cope financially with that problem - it will require a massive overhaul to correct.

So if we do miss out on
[bcolor=transparent]Alderweireld[/bcolor]
, I hope he goes to Man U over City, Chelsea, staying at Spurs... as he's only going to add to that older players list, which will add to the headache of the new manager in two or three years time.

Atletico Madrid President Enrique Cerezo has today confirmed that goalkeeper Jan Oblak has renewed his contract with the club.

Lewis Cook added. Seems like a legit link – what do you guys think about him?

Last edited:
Lewis Cook added. Seems like a legit link – what do you guys think about him?

Never seen him play but he seems a bit like a certain Rolls Royce we sold to Stoke.

He has the look of a player who could play in a Klopp team though - and he plays with his head up all the time which is always nice to see, especially at 21. What's the quoted price? I guess anything under 10M would make sense as we'd probably get most of our money back even if he failed to provide a decent squad option.

If you were at a nightclub and had the choice of pulling Allison or Oblak, wouldn't you go for the sweet demure colleen over the gurning Russian weight lifter?

Never seen him play but he seems a bit like a certain Rolls Royce we sold to Stoke.

He has the look of a player who could play in a Klopp team though - and he plays with his head up all the time which is always nice to see, especially at 21. What's the quoted price? I guess anything under 10M would make sense as we'd probably get most of our money back even if he failed to provide a decent squad option.
£20m is the touted price

We are being linked with Max Meyer by the Mirror today, he has rejected his contract, doesnt look like anything of substance, seems to be the usual case of German player linked because we have a German manager.

Why do you prefer Alisson?

I think he's got the better distribution.

I also think Oblak plays behind one of the best defensive structures in Europe, which clear helps him.

Both are very strong shot stoppers.

But Alisson is cheaper, better distribution, Brazilian to keep Firmino happy & the main / most important reason - he's got a Xabi-esq beard!

Appaz Oblak has signed a new contract with Atletico. If the rumours are true you'd expect that he either stays or his release clause is even more extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom