• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's a great quality, no doubt, but against better defenders he'll need something else to his game. I don't know anything else about him.

Oh it's a great quality, no doubt, but against better defenders he'll need something else to his game. I don't know anything else about him.
I know he scored goals at a lower level and is quick

So he's either gonna be a bale or a Rolando aarons

Hard to work out whether Sessegnon is the real deal or the new Luke Shaw.

Is he playing on the wing or more left back?
I figured he's more Bale than Shaw, started out left back then moved up the pitch later?
Like how people keep suggesting re TAA

I am not totally convinced about Ziyech. He’d be 3rd or 4th choice on my Ajax draft list right now.
There's only two players with more assists than him this season and those two play on the wings. Nabil Fakir or Riyad Mahrez are my preferred choices but the fee's they're likely to command make me bulk.

If he flip flops this much about who he wants to join, how good can his decision making be on the pitch? He's worse than Oncy.

Id rather Costa from Juve than Lemar, watched him closely in the Spurs game the other day, hes quality. No idea how much he would cost but I doubt its £98m

Fuck Lemar and fuck Costa. Spend every penny we have on Asensio. I know he'd never leave Madrid and we have 0% chance of signing the cunt but those long range, thunderbolt goals - with that wand of a left foot, make me want to kick old people in the face and wank into a cats mouth.

Ye big fuckin dirty up all nite!

There's only two players with more assists than him this season and those two play on the wings. Nabil Fakir or Riyad Mahrez are my preferred choices but the fee's they're likely to command make me bulk.
He's playing for Fulham, a very attacking team indeed, and in the Championship. So we can pretty much half his output to compare it to a player from a top league playing against some of the best in the world. Whilst it would be great to get him he is about as far from the proven article as you could get. It's ALL about his potential.

Fuck Lemar and fuck Costa. Spend every penny we have on Asensio. I know he'd never leave Madrid and we have 0% chance of signing the cunt but those long range, thunderbolt goals - with that wand of a left foot, make me want to kick old people in the face and wank into a cats mouth.

Ye big fuckin dirty up all nite!

You are looking at Coutino money for him. We need to have depth as well to challenge for next season.

Any fresh links, people? I only saw Carvajal lately, but that seems like a bollocks story.

Nope, I’d love to sign him mind.

With Keita coming in, I really don't think a Modric type is our biggest priority. A terrific player, of course, but at the moment out of Madrid's midfield I'd much rather take Kroos or Casemiro. Or Isco. Or Ascensio. So pretty much anyone other than Modric.

With Keita coming in, I really don't think a Modric type is our biggest priority. A terrific player, of course, but at the moment out of Madrid's midfield I'd much rather take Kroos or Casemiro. Or Isco. Or Ascensio. So pretty much anyone other than Modric.
Minkovic Savic, we need some steel in midfield

Lyon wonderkid Houssem Aouar has heard the rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool - and admits they are 'nice to hear'.
But the 19-year-old insists his development can continue at his current club.
Aouar has taken Ligue 1 by storm this season, putting in a number of excellent performances in midfield and establishing himself in the France Under-21s squad.
Both the Reds and Barcelona have subsequently been credited with an interest in the youngster, with further suggestions he had been on Liverpool's radar before he opted to sign professional terms with boyhood club Lyon.

The recent rumours were put to Aouar by France Football, with the playmaker honest in his appraisal.
“I hear the rumours, like you. I have ears!" he said.
“I have eyes too, to see a few things left and right. The guy who says he doesn’t hear stuff or listen to anything, is not telling the truth. But there's nothing you can do. All of that doesn’t bother me.

“I’m well protected with my family. It’s nice to hear, but I’m not getting carried away. My feet are firmly on the ground. I’ve only got a good half-season behind me, and I have everything to develop at Lyon.”

Aouar, whose contract expires in 2020, only made his senior debut for Lyon in February 2017, with a debut year to remember for the prodigy.
His performances have also seen him linked with a move to Camp Nou, with the player a little more forthcoming with that interest.
When asked if he would want to play for Barcelona one day, he replied: "Of course, but that applies to every great club!

Worrying links re: Butland going around. I'm not convinced by him - would rather have Karius over Butland. But would rather have one of the real up and comers e.g. Allison over Karius.

Similar but he can defend, support attacks, scores a few and more importantly he's mobile and a monster at 6ft 5in. The problem is he's going to cost north of £70m but I do feel we are lacking in height in midfield, the game on Saturday being a prime example where they lumped everything to lukaku then goon. Lovren lost every dual but if we had Minkovic Savic I'm sure he'd have dropped a little bit deeper to win those duals.

Similar but he can defend, support attacks, scores a few and more importantly he's mobile and a monster at 6ft 5in. The problem is he's going to cost north of £70m but I do feel we are lacking in height in midfield, the game on Saturday being a prime example where they lumped everything to lukaku then goon. Lovren lost every dual but if we had Minkovic Savic I'm sure he'd have dropped a little bit deeper to win those duals.
Well we did have Can in there but TBH Lukaku isn't going to lose a header to anyone when he has the run on them .. huge spring on him.

About Milinkovic-Savic – he usually plays as the most advanced CM or just straight up attacking midfield; I doubt he will transition to deep-lying CM until he's 30 or something. I watched a couple Lazio games recently and while I think he's an awesome talent, I wouldn't trust him in the "engine room" of a midfield, as he can be erratic and that wouldn't be the best use of his strengths anyway.

BTW I have "upgraded" him in the OP from "orange" to "red", because now having watched him I have a better idea of his position, which is more attack-minded than I originally thought. Since Coutinho left we do have less quality in that area, so he would probably be an upgrade on the current options.

Last edited:
The more I watch him play the more I am starting to believe he would have got what it takes to make the swap directly from the Danish league to the top of the Prem. It's a massive jump I get that, and all seems to point in the direction of an Ajax move, but 22-year-old Mathias Jensen from FC Nordsjælland is really making headlines at the moment.

A central midfielder with leadership ability and with such gifted feet (both of them), that you'd think he was Spanish or Brazilian or something exotic like that. His short and long range passing is world class-like and in combination with his game intelligence and vision it makes him a rarity in central midfield. And he's got a great shot in him too, as able with his right peg, as he is with his left, and that makes him difficult to defend against. We are talking Eriksen-like passing range and vision here, and though he probably won't score as many goals as his compatriot he has got stronger physique overall.

Look, this is a long-shot, but unless my are eyes are completely deceiving me here, he's the real deal and would look insanely hot in our midfield alongside Keita and Gini. Would need time to bed of course but I guess he'd be available in the £10M bracket and in todays market that constitutes daylight robbery for a player with his set of skills and potential.

To give you an idea of his potential, first he scores a belter with his left, then he sets up chances pinning two precise 40-yard-passes into the channel (all within the first min or so of the clip);

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom