• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

...supported by gentleman

Sunny

6CM Addict
Honorary Member
Oh dear. Seems hooliganism is entering the world of Rugby:

Man bailed over Halifax rugby fan attack

David Singer has remained critically ill in hospital since the attack more than two weeks ago
A man who was arrested over an attack which left a rugby league supporter in a coma has been released on bail.

David Singer, 32, from Halifax, suffered serious head injuries when he was set upon outside Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington on 26 September.

He had seen Halifax play Featherstone Rovers in the Championship Grand Final.

A 26-year-old Pontefract man, arrested on Thursday on suspicion of assault and violent disorder, has been bailed pending further inquiries, police said.

He must report back to police on 1 December, Cheshire Police said.

Ambulance technician Mr Singer had travelled with his parents and friends to watch the game and was returning to his coach in the car park when he was attacked.

Police inquiries have suggested that fans wearing Featherstone colours were targeting Halifax fans as they moved back to the car park after the match.

Officers believe there may be other Halifax supporters who were subjected to abuse or violence before Mr Singer was attacked and have urged them to come forward.

I doubt you'd see this happening at a rugby union game.

I love the fact that you can hate a bitter rival's team in union, yet still enjoy the company of their supporters before, during and after the match.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=42220.msg1192640#msg1192640 date=1286805521]
I doubt you'd see this happening at a rugby union game.

I love the fact that you can hate a bitter rival's team in union, yet still enjoy the company of their supporters before, during and after the match.
[/quote]

You can do it at football too. Its just not the image people want to project.

If I were to generalise about rugby fans (and having lived in Twickenham for over 20 odd years I have experience) then I'd suggest that people who think its amusing and acceptable to drink all day, then piss and shit in people's front gardens, then pass it off as "high spirited" just because they think they are a class above makes them cunts.

The Welsh were always the worst.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom