• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team of 2000s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone got taught when they were a kid that if you don’t go in hard or go in half hearted that’s when you get hurt, Stevie must have been shit scared of getting hurt… he’d probably get a yellow for every one of those tackles today though
He was always injured for the first few years he played. So he probably just increased the strength of his tackles every time.

If he hadn't had his his wisdom teeth removed he'd probably be a mass murder.

Last edited:
He was always injured for the first few years he played. So he probably just increased the strength of his tackles every time.

If he hadn't had his word his wisdom teeth removed he'd probably be a mass murder.

The victims were all cut in half with brute force, it takes great anger and passion to do such a thing yet the only links we can find are that they all played football professionally and didn’t like Phil Collins…

Reading through this thread just makes me grateful that I’m supporting Liverpool - in my time I’ve seen so many incredible players here, true artists like Xabi and Thiago, hard grafters like Kyut and Carra, ruthless killers like Suarez and Salah, generational talents like Van Dijk and Gerrard and everything in between. There is nothing like watching the absolute top level talent and characters doing their thing and we’ve been blessed with so many.

Last edited:
Don't forget Fowler.

Him, Macca and Barnes made me fall in love with Liverpool for the first time.

Too bad they were managed by Uncle Roy and Rick Parry. Absolutely clueless bunch.

Reading through this thread just makes me grateful that I’m supporting Liverpool - in my time I’ve seen so many incredible players here, true artists like Xabi and Thiago, hard grafters like Kyut and Carra, ruthless killers like Suarez and Salah, generational talents like Van Dijk and Gerrard and everything in between. There is nothing like watching the absolute top level talent and characters doing their thing and we’ve been blessed with so many.
I'm sure Chelsea, utd, arsenal could say similar about players that have played for their club over the last 22 years

Yeah, but they would be delusional. Imagine being a Chelsea fan and your hero being John Terry! Or United, Rooney!

Sure, most big clubs could say the same.
And they probably all feel they are more lucky than other teams. I've grown up a Liverpool fan, don't remember a time before I was. Earliest memories of football are Kenny scoring in the European Cup final. I was about 7 then and already a massive fan. I don't think I ever decided to support them I just grew up one

Hyppia played n the left side of central defence - so it’s him or Van Dijk for that role and Virgil gets it.

Carragher, probably for the other CB - would have been nice to see how Klopp managed him - he’d probably have been given a little more scope to push forward.

If you accept that team as it is, think of the bench - Reina, Hypia, Aurelio, Hamman, Mascherano, Fabinho, Thiago, Torres, Sturridge, Owen, Firmino, Diaz (even though he’s only been here for 5 minutes)… even Kuyt should get a bit of love and I have soft spots for Maxi Rodriguez & Benayoun.

Owen doesn't get in there.
In the same way there's a soft spot for players, there are also some sore points

Just thinking strikers alone, we've been super blessed.

Salah, Mane, Bobby are a great front three but then Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling were also great
Add in Torres, Owen, Cisse, Fowler (obv) push Coutinho into that mix alongside a player like Crouch.. Anelka (wish he'd stayed)

Jota, Diaz, Nunez to add to that list of amazing strikers.

But as been pointed out before I'm going

Mane, Suarez, Salah

Just thinking strikers alone, we've been super blessed.

Salah, Mane, Bobby are a great front three but then Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling were also great
Add in Torres, Owen, Cisse, Fowler (obv) push Coutinho into that mix alongside a player like Crouch.. Anelka (wish he'd stayed)

Jota, Diaz, Nunez to add to that list of amazing strikers.

But as been pointed out before I'm going

Mane, Suarez, Salah

Cisse is surely a joke? Is that a whoosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom