• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The departed

A lad who used to be part of a close group of mates who I used to go clubbing with but didn't know very well, died in a car crash the other day, he was only 21. Its broken some of my closest mates hearts.

It got me thinking that lifes too short and that if I was to die tomorrow what would I regret not doing and why havent I already done it.

R.I.P Ash

Just found out that an old mate from Brighton died from Carbon Monoxide poisoning or something. I found out because I saw mates posting weird messages on his Facebook.

If there's a shitter way of finding out then I don't know it.

The real tragedy is that he was one of the old Brighton faces that used to run Bust in the Box, and one of the other lads died last year (or maybe the one before) after od'ing in his sleep or something.

That leaves just one of them left.

Shit is fucked yo

My wifes Nana died today. Been in a coma for the last month, good that it's finally finished as her family aren't really set up to deal with these sort of things. Might be headed to New England later this week for the funeral.

Funny thing is when we last saw her grandparents 2 years ago we were sure we wouldn't see her grandfather again as he's in his 70s, had 4 heart bypasses and is an alcoholic. Can't see him lasting too long now that his wife is gone.

Anyway, I digress, RIP Nana White.

Sorry to hear that,Bradley.

Sucks.

You never know about grandparents; sometimes they live longer than you might expect even after something like this..but many do pass on shortly after because they'd rather be with their lost ones than carry on. My grandfather was like that. When my grandmother pased away in 1996, one of my uncles remarked to me that my granddad would join her in 5 years. I was pissedoff at the time, but he was right.

My Dad's in the same boat now; I lost my mother three years ago...I often think about the things my uncle said all those years ago..hope he's got more to live for than my granddad.

My dad died in the early hours of this morning. He'd been in hospital for a few weeks but they weren't coming up with a diagnosis. It was worrying, but they didn't seem to think it was so serious. Last Thursday they stumbled into finding he had a secondary cancer in the liver with a primary somewhere unknown. The doc said that day we'd get test results back in a few days and we'd know how long he had. I was coming over with the kids this week to see him. I just wish I'd seen him one last time. I can't believe he's gone.

I am so, so sorry to hear that R.
I wish I could say something to make things better but words are totally insufficient at this time.
A big cyber hug.

R.I.P. Doc Snr

My dad died in the early hours of this morning. He'd been in hospital for a few weeks but they weren't coming up with a diagnosis. It was worrying, but they didn't seem to think it was so serious. Last Thursday they stumbled into finding he had a secondary cancer in the liver with a primary somewhere unknown. The doc said that day we'd get test results back in a few days and we'd know how long he had. I was coming over with the kids this week to see him. I just wish I'd seen him one last time. I can't believe he's gone.

Really sorry to hear of your loss doc, especially with you missing him at the end. Don't beat yourself about not seeing him at the end though - you weren't to know and the good memories are always the one you will cherish the most.Thoughts are with you mate. X

Two mates of mine, young family fathers, went fishing on Lake Constance a couple of weeks ago. A storm came up and they weren't able to return to the harbour safely. When they didn't come home in the evening their families alerted the authorities. The next morning their boat was found upside down in the water, equipment was widely scattered on what's about 5 square kilometres. All of us mates went to the shores to help searching for them. We searched for about a week, nothing to be found.

Until now they're still missing and most certainly their bodies will never be found. And that is what's the most terrible thing for their families. They have no place to mourn their losses, no tombstone, nothing.

Maybe they rest in peace, wherever they are.

Horrible thing for you Holle and the lad's families to go through.
Hopefully you get some comfort from somewhere soon.

My thoughts for everyone concerned Holle. Hopefully something turns up soon, whether it be good or bad, just so you all can move on properly

Missed my mum too, the last time.

Very sorry, Doc.

Back
Top Bottom