• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The E-Bike Thread

Mamma Mia

Head Chef
Administrator
So I don't have to scroll past posts about motobikes people have owned, let's have a thread!

The restrictions here aren't as bad as in the UK and we can still get away with higher power motors and some modding. At least I think so anyway, I haven't actually checked the laws.

I got a pretty entry level (250W 36v) mid motor Bafang conversion kit to play around with for my first attempt. Got a nice mountain bike free from a friend who had it lying unused and stuck the kit on.

Took me about 4hrs total, including watching instructional videos repeatedly and having to pop out twice to borrow tools I didn't have. I reckon I could do it in 90min next time.

This thing is fucking great. It's got more than enough power for commuting and it satisfies my love for tinkering.

The plan is to fuck around with it as much as possible and test it's limits, then stick it on the wife's bike and get myself something with more oomph so I can take on some proper difficult trails. Ok, also so I can have more modding options.

Total cost was about 600 quid.

Back
Top Bottom